Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Anime Store Adventure posted:

I went to the start of the race and it kicks rear end. If you ever get a chance and haven’t definitely try to get to a track. It’s loud as hell and smells like poo poo and is exciting the whole time.

the start of le mans when I went was a banger. They timed also sprach zarathustra so the climax hit and was then overtaken by the sound of engines as the cars took the green flag

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Apparently motorcycle racing in northern ireland won't be a thing this year

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-64591498

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

pretty reasonable to do that, but the tram to the track will be rammed

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

the trains aren't too bad to get there, though the one out of paris to le mans can be real busy. and pray for no strikes

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

I love endurance racing. Just had a discussion on cordless v pneumatic tools in the pit lane, now onto advances in lighting technology.

Gotta say non-led lights made for better scenes on tv, or at least I may be misremembering that way.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

what's this incident they're talking about as I tune back in just now?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Yikes. Really want to see the onboard from the porsche on that one.

Just seen the full speed video in the F1 thread though. The nurburgring onboards are always wild to see at night

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Pvt. Public posted:

Well, this sucks but life has conspired against me making it this year. Where would one go to sell a pair of Le Mans tickets? I've got 2x T18 grandstand/full week GEs.

sent you a pm

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

BlankSystemDaemon posted:

Also, here's a somewhat interesting fact: Jammerbugten is named that because back in the day, when storms would rage because they'd be pushed down here by the Norwegian coast (which still happens regularly today, and is why it's one of the windiest parts in Denmark), people on the beach would light fires to lure in ships.
These ships would then ground themselves on the beach thinking there was a harbor where there was a light, and the people on the beach would raid the ships - and all this happened long after the Viking age :black101:

This is a story I've heard about several coastal places

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

SlowBloke posted:

Live weather status for goons being fuzzy and warm at home, very light rain, like one drip every 30s. Static cloud banks.

SlowBloke posted:

Live weather status for goons being fuzzy and warm at home, very light rain, like one drip every 30s. Static cloud banks.

Appreciating the minute-by-minute weather reports and hoping they continue throughout the race

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

SlowBloke posted:

@ilmucche connectivity here is ultra shite, awful.app barely loads so cut me a break

just messing with you, enjoy the race!

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Grimson posted:

if they call a safety car you can safely do something else for an hour btw

Like 12? Years ago I remember being absolutely transfixed by 2 hours of safety car coverage. Endurance commentators do such a good job of keeping things interesting even when nothing is going on

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

This is a few days old but

SlowBloke posted:

[*]SNCF schedule is accurate. Don’t rely on delays to save you.

What the gently caress?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

SlowBloke posted:

If you run late on train 1 on a specific station, people think/believe that train 2 will also be so they can compensate and still get on it. Even with 40+ minutes to spare in between the official times, i still managed to lose the follow up train on the first leg of the journey to France. It seems like there is some weird poo poo going on in the south of France up to Lyon. Trenitalia and Inoui went to 50-70 km/h on areas you usually go to 120-150.

Edit: Automoto.it, a very good italian motoring web magazine published their report, if you want to see what happened in the village/pits here it is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtZM4fpzz5k

Ohhhh I thought you were saying SNCF trains are on time, which, lol

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Like all niche motorsports this is probably dominated by one person every race but I want to watch it anyway

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

coconono posted:

I watched a demolition derby on YouTube tonight. Pretty chaotic production, including a solid 9/10 dick joke that I can’t recall. There was a 3 car limo derby. One team had welded 2 different car front ends together and had passengers along for the ride.

Link it !

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Incredible dive bomb in the roar before the 24 in what i think are the opening few minutes