Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

mobby_6kl posted:

Does WRC stuff go here? It's finally happening relatively close by so I wanted to check out the Central European rally, but I saw that they sell tickets and there are none actually available for any of the days: https://www.ticketmaster.com/central-european-rally-tickets/artist/3025140

I've been to some other lower-profile rallies and I could just show up and watch cars go vroom :shrug: am I completely hosed now or is it ok to just drive out somewhere near the stages and hike up to an observation spot?

E: I guess they have event tickets here: https://www.centraleuropeanrally.eu/tickets

not clear what this means though? So there's no access to Prague/Klatovy events at all? Or does it exclude service park in Prague/Klatovy?

Looks like you can still roll up and get tickets

However to address your other question - even at WRC level if you can get into the stages by a hike they aint gonna stop you unless you are trespassing on someone's private property - which "mostly" isnt the organiser's problem but be aware a pissed off property owner can make a lot of trouble for the organiser so when in doubt dont or ask first. There is always a lot of private viewing going on and locals that know the roads and ways to access.

Another way is that you can volunteer for a road closure. Volunteers get access to any other paying spot (usually) and as well when you are on duty you have a spot for yourself - which will usually have people show up because of the above. Last time I was at a Euro WRC event I hiked a few kms and found a crossroads and then settled in for the day.

Dont be an idiot about it and it'll be a good day. The new cars are insane up close.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Nybble posted:

Noob rally question: How far apart are cars released? In the case of an off like that, is there a chance there's a car coming through in another minute or is the following car paused until it's clear?

It depends

On Tarmac it is usually 1 minute. On gravel it is up to 3 minutes depending on conditions - dust usually is the main factor in that decision. Normally 2 minutes is about the average.