Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Stultus Maximus posted:

College Board is money grubbing fucks and none of this should be a surprise.

Tell your university to divest from the SAT and other College Board services. :unsmigghh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Hyrax Attack! posted:

I get the vibe CA governor Newsom is interested but hasn’t declared to avoid looking disloyal to Biden. Not ideal but seems aware of what the GOP has become and is running a major state. Some dumb stuff in his personal life but nothing disqualifying, not well liked by leftists but would be probably at least as tolerable as Biden, plus is 55. From the existing realistic options wouldn’t be worst choice. Pair him with Fetterman as VP & that could be a strong ticket.

Newsom is the Blue DeSantis.

You probably like his policy better, but they’re fundamentally the same kind of liability on a national stage that DeSantis’ are, and he’s only slightly more charismatic.

The Eyes Have It posted:

I can't believe that guy is only 44. He looks so much older/less healthy.

He was America’s youngest governor till three weeks ago, when Sarah Huckabee Sanders took that crown.

Platystemon fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Feb 2, 2023

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Tag yourself.

Here it is in text.

I’m ensuring stability in the Western Balkans.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
I don’t know about that.

We wouldn’t want the people to suffer from an insufficiency of maritime tonnage to carry the products of the farms, forests, mines and manufacturing industries of the United States, to their consumers abroad and within the United States.

Platystemon fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Feb 2, 2023

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
BREAKING: Ron DeSantis is taxing your electric stove

https://twitter.com/therecount/status/1620822734769983491

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

fknlo posted:

As someone whose work day is currently revolving around the balloon and reports about the balloon, there wasn't going to be much pretending we couldn't see it. It's very, very obvious.

Yeah it’s more prominent than Venus.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
It’s a shame that it’s so high.

If it were flying under the ceiling of GA craft, some hero would have brought it down.

:cb::blastback::patriot:

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Dubya would have gone up there in a jet himself. :colbert:

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Oh no I mean as a bad stunt.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

facialimpediment posted:

latest republican nonsense is that the military "disobeyed China Joe's order for three days because he's that much of a joke"

Wait like Joe is bad for wanting to shoot it down, but the USAF wouldn’t let him endanger Montana cows like that?

:psyduck:

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
An earthquake woke a bunch of people up in Buffalo less than an hour ago. Epicenter is within the metro area, a few miles east of downtown.

USGS estimates it at 3.8±0.2 on the moment magnitude scale, three kilometres deep.

https://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/eventpage/us6000jlqv/executive

e: Bad post timing. To be clear, this one isn’t generally devastating.

Platystemon fucked around with this message at 13:16 on Feb 6, 2023

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
So, the Turkey situation.

https://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/map/

Monster quake hits. Eleven minutes later, there is an aftershock that would be significant on its own, almost in the same place.

Nine hours after that, there’s another major quake centered a hundred kilometers to the north.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Complex pattern… of a straight line?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
“Structuring”?

Never heard of her!

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

This is actually a decent stunt, and I cannot believe that MTG conceived of it on her own.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
The only reason I care about the State of the Union Address is that it’s interesting to see who the designated survivor is each year.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Nick Soapdish posted:

Presidents should just go back to sending a document to Congress for the SOTU

I would totally do this just to see the reaction.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Why doesn’t Biden simply declare victory and end all antidrug policy?

quote:

Provisional data from CDC’s National Center for Health Statistics indicate there were an estimated 107,622 drug overdose deaths in the United States during 2021

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
A hundred tweets per hour is a shedload for your average shitposter, but I can see how news organizations and such could run into it. Same with five hundred DMs per day.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Fun fact: the snake handling thing is only present in the Long Ending of the gospel of Mark, which basically every scholar agrees is a later addition to the text.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Platystemon fucked around with this message at 13:14 on Feb 11, 2023

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Tiny Timbs posted:

I don’t click twitter threads but that post was good enough to give me the most important detail wrt the status of this nazi

quote:

Teddy Joseph Von Nukem, the son of Teresa Minker, was born November 23, 1987 in Phoenix, Arizona and left what he always referred to as his “meat suit” on January 30, 2023 in Hartshorn, Missouri at the age of 35.

I am not making GBS threads you. That is from his actual obituary on the website of the funeral home.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

Seems like it, saw other stuff in my feed. We'll probably get things clearer in the next couple minutes as this seems to be very, uh, new

How new can it be if it’s night in the video and day in Michigan right now?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
I wouldn’t even say “he went thattaway” for four thousand pesos.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Are non‐English‐speaking users forced to see his tweets? Is it a thing in Japan?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
“This wouldn’t have happened to a whitehawk.”

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
There is a vast gulf between weighing less than six pounds and the fourteen‐storey balloon grossing thirty thousand pounds.

It’s not unreasonable that objects that differ in size by a factor of five thousand should be treated differently.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
What’s ironic is that calculation involved conversion from the little‐known U.S. customary unit of mass, the slug.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
BREAKING: Presidential Medal of Freedom recipient Rush Limbaugh has been sober for two years

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

FrozenVent posted:

It reminds me of the Soviet developing a whole biological weapon program on the assumption that the Americans obviously had one.

What’s twenty tonnes of variola virus per annum between friends?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

pantslesswithwolves posted:

It seems like every President is some form of an evil son of a bitch while they’re in office, but as far as living ex-presidents go, Carter seems like more of a decent man than anyone else. At least he didn’t start two wars or try to foment a coup so he could stay in office.

Scribbles “Peanut Republic” in journal of novel ideas.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1627608739569336320

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

bulletsponge13 posted:

There is a near zero chance we don't have observers, either physical or electronic at critical sites.
poo poo, in every war we've fought, the enemy put eyes on our poo poo. It's like 101 level poo poo.

I imagine with the advances in radar and similar tech, we can probably tell details about poo poo from return signature, but that's the Club Carrier assuming things from the Sky Shaman

On the other hand, the Soviets had future human intelligence assets walk in the front door of the embassy in Washington, D.C., and the U.S. never noticed.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Lincoln on May 8, 1862:

“I am the U.S. military presence.”

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Grip it and rip it posted:

That is a remarkably confident move, particularly given the circumstances of the conflict. Borderline reckless.

He’s running.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
I do not believe that Kamala Harris would launch strategic nuclear missiles, no.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Bored As gently caress posted:

According to NPR the US notified Russia of Biden's visit a few hours before he got there, for deconfliction purposes.

The traditional way to do this is for the Secretary of State to invite the ambassador over for tea and told them then.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Hyrax Attack! posted:

I wonder if there have been measurable bumps in popularity for world leaders who are photographed with Zelenskyy, and that might be part of the motivation.

Also I’m trying to think of previous examples of world leaders being targeted during major conflicts. I know the Germans shot down the plane of an actor who looked like Churchill, and Operation Long Jump was gonna go after the Allied leaders in 1943 although the Soviets might have made it up.

Hirohito was the big successful one although he wasn’t the PM. Probably lots of others.

Operation Foxley could have iced Hitler, but there was no consensus that assassinating Hitler was a good idea in late 1944, so it was called off.

Platystemon fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Feb 21, 2023

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Another angle:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

facialimpediment posted:

Apparently any country with artillery rounds is getting the ol' Lord of War treatment. So between Iran selling to mystery buyers, and intercepted shipments, Iran's shells are going in both directions.

I wonder what the literal Lord of War is up to now that’s he’s out of prison.