Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

milkman dad
Aug 13, 2007

Not sure about trio/duo play but solo I feel there’s always a risk to dying and losing your stuff. It could be something as simple as not having time to heal after a fight. If they expand the modes for more solo options and rogues still exist you’re taking a risk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

milkman dad
Aug 13, 2007

DisgracelandUSA posted:

Most of the assets used are from a commercially available Unreal asset pack, which both P3 and DaD used. There is maybe some claim for IP infringement, but it seems like there's a lot of cover for asset usage. Then again, who knows what is the truth

e: I had also read in some places that the IronMace devs worked at Nexon; there were a number of different projects (P3, P11 (?)) that were being worked on, with P3 being a medieval fantasy dungeon crawler pvp battle royale thing. P3 got cut, and was going to be redesigned to be a modern shooter. As a result, a number of the devs wanted to continue working on P3 as it was, left and formed IronMace.

There's probably a grain of truth to Nexon's claims, and probably a healthy dose of bitter grapes over the pre-emptive success of DaD. I'm hopeful though.

I think it’s mostly bitter grapes. They were careful in their language that there was no code or assets stolen. The images make it look much worse than it is because that’s just what all unreal games look like imo.

milkman dad
Aug 13, 2007

Bunch of desperate junkies playing this game smh

milkman dad
Aug 13, 2007

Akumos posted:

counterpoint: D&D is the only game worth posting about and is the only fun game left in existence for me

milkman dad
Aug 13, 2007

Akumos posted:

It's probably just someone who saw the potential of copying the game almost a year ago. It looks early. Or it could be Nexon launching P3, who knows, but the anims/models look way too scuffed for that.

I feel the active development/ responsiveness/passion of this dev team does more than blindly copying unreal marketplace assets.

milkman dad
Aug 13, 2007

Demon Of The Fall posted:

they have upped the drops for regular crypts and I think they are still elevated for ruins currently as well. seems like it doesn't matter, I rarely find gear upgrades and agree that even if you do, rarely have time to loot or escape with it. some kind of gear score system would be a good idea because I don't think having teams running regular dungeons in full purples is gonna make this game last with a high player base

Gear score limits feel like a reasonable compromise. Any other games that have executed that?

milkman dad
Aug 13, 2007

Why are there so many haters/nexon shills in this thread?

milkman dad
Aug 13, 2007

Pararoid posted:

That's an odd framing of the handful of people who came into the thread after the game went from free to nearly 60 bucks here to say they weren't going to take that gamble right now.

The game is $35 (nearly half of 60 bucks) and is fun and the developers are responsive to the community that’s been created around the game. I don’t think it’s barely been advertised, you almost need to go out of your way to buy it. What’s the best alternative to this game right now? It is not starsiege or tarkov.

milkman dad
Aug 13, 2007

Should be a wipe today! Get ready to grind!

milkman dad
Aug 13, 2007

Groovelord Neato posted:

I didn't realize killing players was 0 xp. That's so dumb it should at least be the equivalent of a miniboss.

It could create bad gameplay loops where players intentionally feed each other

milkman dad
Aug 13, 2007

rideANDxORdie posted:

Bard is annoyingly OP at the moment. The buff meta in general is really annoying RN and I've mostly been playing Goblin Cave where most of the lobby is in default or economy + loadouts because I'm sick of getting steamrolled by a geared fighter with a buff bar longer than than the Great Wall of China. The fact that Bards also get access to crossbows and throwing axes inexplicably on top of everything else is insane to me.

They can also use throwing knives and hand crossbows.

Edit: and survival bows, lol

milkman dad
Aug 13, 2007

Bard nerds hitting me hard. Expect a shift to self-buffs. Bards rise up!

Edit: I meant nerfs

milkman dad
Aug 13, 2007

The game is in an interesting spot. The 0-15 lobbies are a good change but the implementation might still need some work. You can still group with 15+ characters and thus via drop transfer get fully kitted (though doesn’t look like this happens often).

Overall I don’t know how I feel about leveling at all in this game. The progression is so fast (can make 0-15 in an evening) that it doesn’t really feel necessary. I think gating via maximum gear score makes more sense (though hard to see how they do that with items in inventory?)

milkman dad
Aug 13, 2007

How many total extracts will there be in HR?

milkman dad
Aug 13, 2007

The night of the patch/wipe was great go back to that.

milkman dad
Aug 13, 2007

For those that aren’t following closely, there will be a wipe tomorrow and a tournament on Friday. Early-wipe is generally a better time to get into the game, but the community is getting advanced at developing a “meta”. Most recently the meta has developed where you stack + weapon damage or + magic damage. This can make a tremendous difference in pvp. If you’re just starting and you find great with +2/+3 magic or weapon damage, you might save it in your stash until you can assemble a full set. It would ease the burden of entry if they remove this- will be interesting to see what happens tomorrow with the patch notes.

milkman dad
Aug 13, 2007

There was an interview posted that suggests the next wipe is next Wednesday (character level and inventory). If you experience more juiced out kill squads than normal that is why.

milkman dad
Aug 13, 2007

DisgracelandUSA posted:

Honestly, the days leading to wipe are great imo. A lot of gear-fear timmies come out in their holy grail kits and it makes for gudfights.

My crew got tired of playing so I've been doing a lot of solo PVP in goblin caves as PDR fighter with both snowball kits and decent blue/purp kits. It's pretty good, I'm something like 20-3 or 4 across a couple dozen runs. Had some good fights, some closes
losses, some stupid losses and even a 5-kill run that I died to the swarm on :black101:

Now is also a good time if you play solo to run hr crypts solo. I feel when the wipe comes that’s going to be my strategy (this wipe I built out a kit going from GC -> HR GC). The issue is GC/HRGC and ruins are so much more forced pvp that the risk is higher.

Only thing I can say as a random warning for HR Crypts is that I was fighting near pyramid room and somehow backpedaled/clipped through the wall and died to an invisible kill plane- but because it was HR I didn’t get on the kill feed!

milkman dad
Aug 13, 2007

HR is free until the update Wednesday and you can only take gray gear into the normal dungeons

It’s a good patch

milkman dad
Aug 13, 2007

yeah the lobby changes are loving fantastic, I hope they keep something similar to it. A good balance would be to make green gear max for normals and then HR can be blue and above and still be free

I think they should make the cap white, make all equipment that is white available in the shop and cost zero gold, and do something to limit consumables (especially throwing daggers and axes).

milkman dad
Aug 13, 2007

Jesus more bard nerfs :(

milkman dad
Aug 13, 2007

Finally got pathfinder. If you’re looking to grind the sick skelly skin make sure you’re extracting with maximum treasure!

milkman dad
Aug 13, 2007

mcvey posted:

I was waiting for a steam re-release to get back into this but 30% off is 30% off. What's the state of the game right now?

I think it’s really good, building off last patch. Hard to say how the map rotation will feel in practice, but ironmace is typically very responsive if the player base really doesn’t like something.

milkman dad
Aug 13, 2007

New patch is good. Gear is stronger but makes you lean into a build path (vs having ubiquitous +2 all / weapon damage). The changes they made to ruins and goblin caves are very good. Though they could probably do a little work on where/how/how many portals spawn.

milkman dad
Aug 13, 2007

Immediate feedback is new patch is good so far but I’m noticing some skeletons don’t make noise when you wake them (very spooky!)

Also the ice map is a nice addition with respect to content but could use some polish. The new enemies have new move sets (skeleton archers will melee). Also careful bringing in too strong a kit in case you die immediately it basically spawning into a crowd of mobs.

milkman dad
Aug 13, 2007

The changes have resulted in some very empty lobbies! I already did my demigod grind a couple weeks ago but now is a good time to get that ap!

milkman dad
Aug 13, 2007

Early Access Hotfix #32
@everyone, We will be doing the hotfix #32 update starting at February 11, 2024 12:45 AM.
When the patch starts, you will not be able to login to the game and players in-game will not be able to enter the matchmaking pool during this time.
Players in a match or in-game will have 40 minutes to complete the match and exit safely.
The server will return to full service 2 3 hours after the patch starts.

During maintenance, all services, including the website, may be temporarily suspended to update various servers.

Changes:
Fixed Marketplace internal logic that could cause severe performance degradation.
Fixed an issue where cloaks would sometimes cover the owner's face.
Fixed an issue where the Quarterstaff was not given as a starting item for the Wizard.
Fixed an issue where players could become stuck in certain areas of Ice Cavern.
Fixed an issue where sound could be incorrectly masked in some areas of Ice Cavern.
Fighter receives an early version of Sword Mastery.
Fighter's Perfect Block cooldown changed from 24s → 18s.
Fighter's Shield Slam now knocks back enemies.
Wizard receives an early version of Staff Mastery.
Wizard's Arcane Feedback spell casting speed and arcane magic damage bonuses per stat has been changed from 1% → 2%.
Wizard's Reactive Shield protection amount changed from 10 → 15.
A hybrid dungeon selection system has been added, combining fixed dungeon selection and rotation.

Developer Comments:
Hi Adventurers, We are currently doing our best to address several known issues. Firstly, we have been working on improving the algorithm of the marketplace to ensure smooth usage. The marketplace will continue to be updated to enhance performance and meet the demands of users even during service. Additionally, considering the actual data on the current dungeon selection system along with all experiment results related to dungeon selection, we have decided to provide a system that is deemed most suitable for the current number of users. We would like to thank everyone for their patience as we work through various issues.

milkman dad
Aug 13, 2007

Wipe hype!

milkman dad
Aug 13, 2007

Einwand posted:

So does this mean that green equipment finally has some vague reason for existing? Neat.

This is true. You can equip some nominal amount of green equipment and queue into "base kit" lobbies. Meds also count to cumulative score. You may also be able to bring in a blue-- they exactly formula hasn't been figured out yet.

This post on reddit discusses some of the combinations the lobbies it generated. https://old.reddit.com/r/DarkAndDarker/comments/1c2prhh/initial_gbmm_findings/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

milkman dad
Aug 13, 2007

Einwand posted:

What, you don't like fighting the bard with sword mastery + rapier mastery + slayer + dualwield who hits you 5 times a second for 2h levels of damage? Or the rogue with crossbow mastery who instantly reloads handbows and is impossible to fight if you aren't also ranged? Or *insert class here* with sprint?

I love my slayer bard and take personal offense that you don’t love him too.