Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

ShowTime posted:

Yea he's getting pretty roasted over it, and deservedly so. He even said he was an insider and could confirm it, even though he wasn't allowed to. He's clearly just farming for clicks.

So what was his excuse?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Umbreon
May 21, 2011
This game is way better now for sure, but holy poo poo I am so bad at rogue. I can't kill anyone no matter what situation I'm in, I had a wizard walk right into me while I was in hide, I nailed him in the back with rupture and ambush, hit him 2 more times in the back while he was running, and then he just turned around and two tapped me with his staff (I was at 70% HP). I have no idea who I'm actually supposed to be able to kill but it doesn't seem to be anybody at all.

And running away is almost impossible, even the slower classes pop some sort of buff and immediately catch up me and two tap me and no amount of damage I do seems to matter or even get them past half health no matter how many back attacks or headshots I land before getting two tapped. I get that this class is garbage until you give him items but good lord this is basically torture and none of the merchants are selling anything but greys anyway so it's not like I can really do anything unless I want to get one tapped in the high roller queue.

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

Demon Of The Fall posted:

were you using a gray rapier? that's probably why. with no gear you're slow as poo poo swinging and should probably be using a dagger with the associated perks. this game is especially gear dependent for certain classes. blue or purple dagger + ambush/creep/dagger mastery/poison weapon would probably kill a wizard with a couple pokes in the back of the head as you can sneak up on him silently now

edit: also completing quests (which are pretty easy this wipe) will make the merchants give you more items, you need to improve relations with them first.

I have been because the dagger damage is insanely bad and the rapier kills mobs way faster and at a much safer range.

I've done almost all the quests, but so far I've only seen merchants upgrade from grays to whites, even when I have them at like 50 reputation and they have no quests left. Am I doing something wrong?

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

Einwand posted:

Quests are being released in waves this wipe, so there'll be more to further upgrade the squire stock/merchant availability at some point.
Finishing a set of quests for a merchant seems to slightly improve their offered gear and/or the squire's related equipment quality/variety.

What do merchants sell for you guys? Does it go over common/white grade items?

Umbreon
May 21, 2011
Wait, if everyone gets creep then why should rogues pick it?

Umbreon
May 21, 2011
Also, is there a way to buy multiple items at once from the vendors?

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

Demon Of The Fall posted:

imma bout to change completely to warlock, its definitely the devs pet class and is currently overpowered as gently caress. its the best solo class

My current knowledge about warlocks was me talking to a discord channel for fighter classes and mentioned that I had just gotten one shot from full HP from a warlock and if that was normal or not, and like six people immediately chiming in to say yes and to run away if I see them with a glowing weapon.

I feel like that class didn't need a buff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Umbreon
May 21, 2011
Gearscore based matching? Does that mean we can queue into High roller with basekit and fight other people who are wearing the same while still getting high roller loot?