Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Duderclese
Aug 30, 2003
I'm the gay younger brother of UnkleBoB and Buddha Stalin
Tonight playing trios with a couple people from the goon discord I chased one guy through a hall of traps (I had trap sight) and he died. His teammate chasing me also died. Parkouring through the traps was super satisfying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duderclese
Aug 30, 2003

Mendrian posted:

Honestly games are so fast and required buy-in is so small that I can't even get mad when people destroy me, I wish more battle royal games were this fast.

This is absolutely the best thing about the game.

Duderclese
Aug 30, 2003

Jiro posted:

Wizard and rogue are probably the hardest to start off solo with, just lack of health either having to charge up your spells while mobs or players are at a distance or get in really really close and hope you're hitting head and or neck all the time.

WYYYYZZZAAARRRDDD: Fireball is fun as gently caress, you can move and shoot it has some aoe fire/explosion damage.

Magic Missile is your other main way to kill from a distance, BUT you have to be standing still to have it shoot a bunch of ki balls which does suuuuuck when you're in a pinch aince that means you're gonna have to pray you started hitting them on the head before they get close enough to hit you.

Haste is fun especially to try and run away, I forget if the spell to buff your and your party's weapon is still there, Shock sucks rear end don't ever use it, Chain Lighting is awesome but can also hit you and your mates so unless you're some kind of solo chaos mage probably not a good idea to cast it unless you're looking into a room that has nothing but enemies trying to kill one another.

Lightning strike requires you to see the future for it to hit or you bait people to come around a corner cause it has a 4 second delay.

Find a crystal ball and a poo poo rondel dagger so you can actually do some damage instead of relying on your poo poo Gandarf staff.

My only issue with this post is that when you say shock, I imagine Zap. Which gets 2x magic damage scaling and is hitscan. And also casts a billion times. 10/10 would recommend.

Duderclese
Aug 30, 2003
It can not be said enough how much the spell book increases cast speed, too. Like, it's insane.

This opinion comes from my personal experience on cleric, but holy hell it's almost double.

Duderclese
Aug 30, 2003

Lol, oops.

Duderclese
Aug 30, 2003

FungiCap posted:

I saw a wizard coming my way who didn't see me. I put a trap down right next to a wall spike and turned out the lights. A minute later I saw the message of them dying to a wall spike in the kill feed.

I knew full well that I wouldn't even be able to loot them with how the zone was closing.

I still feel kind of bad about it a couple of days later.

Yeah this is amazing. Peak play.

Duderclese
Aug 30, 2003

Demon Of The Fall posted:

was duoing with a rogue goon yesterday and baited another wizard into a room as a fighter. the rogue was stealthed next to the door and popped out behind him to two shot him. those kills really make the game shine

I was this rogue and it was the most satisfying kill I've had to date. 10/10 would do again.

Duderclese
Aug 30, 2003

ChaseSP posted:

IDK why you would play rogue to be anything but an opportunistic murderer/general trickster. Don't even go for kills or attack just be the most annoying person possible. Be the Patches of Dark and Farker

I saw some YouTuber who played rogue with caltrops and smoke bomb and was just an annoying rear end in a top hat to everyone he came across and impossible for people to get a hold of.

Looked super fun. Game good.

Duderclese
Aug 30, 2003

IronicDongz posted:

-me logging into grindr

Username + post top tier.

Duderclese
Aug 30, 2003

ShowTime posted:

The people that play this game are like 2 steps away from getting addicted to methamphetamines.

Bold of you to assume we're not already addicted to methamphetamines.

Duderclese
Aug 30, 2003
I know one map had a gated extract that would open for a single person to extract and the rocks would fall closing it off for anyone else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duderclese
Aug 30, 2003
Expedition to Agartha felt super bad to me. The hits have zero crunch to them. Just like slapping folks with a pool noodle.