Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Finally found this thread, been playing the Alpha since September, been having a frustrating blast with it. Man trying to solo a Rogue is such an uphill climb. Barbarian is so much fun when you just run around and smash every door and chest you come across.

New solo map is so brutal on it's spawn points I've only ever made it out once since I didn't even leave the starting hallway I was in that had at least 6 mummies in it. I had to kite three of them to another hallway into a Ranger forcing him to deal with them while I took the second of three escape portals. I wish the Rogue started off with like the Kris or Castello dagger instead of the Rondel and or had something close to a health or armor stat that killed him in two hits instead of one.

Jiro fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Feb 8, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

The first fifty times you go into either the goblin cave or castle you're going to die or come out with a lil bit of stuff.

Always squirrel money away in your stash until you're in double digit levels so you can equip more of your class's perks.

If you have a weapon you really like but are low level with no armor stick it in the stash.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Jimbot posted:

When do portals tend to show up? I was under the impression that it's one of those games where you can do a little bit of treasure hunting then leave, like Hunt: Showdown but I guess that's not the case? But yeah, "Play this a ton of times, dying super fast then maybe things will start getting better" isn't really comforting.

Also, since I'm still going to play for a bit how do you deal with skeleton champions? How do you deal with other players where the back and forth that works against the AI doesn't work with them?

Skeleton Champions will constantly press you, you kinda have to just learn their attack patterns and feel out when to hit his head for max damage. Other players is a completely different animal and usually just devolves into a foam LARPING fight where all but one or two end up walking away unless your Cleric is really really good, your Ranger is decent, and your Barbarian remembers they have throwing axes that can also do long range damage before they chop your loving head off.

Like if you have a shield to block arrows and blows really learn how to use it to deflect, Rogues Fighters and Barbs will just rush in to do max damage, Rogues tend to be weakest on armor with Rangers, Barbs can tank and deal devastating damage, Fighters are just a pain the loving rear end that can block and deal good damage and use almost any weapon in the game.

Each weapon two or one handed has it's own attack speed that is factored into your own agility stats.

Portals show up probably about five minutes into a dungeon run if you last that long. Matches are made to be very short compared to a Tarkov run.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Then it wouldn't be this game.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

IronicDongz posted:

this color(and stats) means legendary, right? didn't know you could find legendaries in goblin caves

:stare: Yup.......I MEAN WOAH THOSE SUCK YOU BETTER GIVE THEM TO ME CAUSE I SUPER SUCK AND TAKE THESE AWESOME BLUE BOOTS........ :v:

That's loving cool you found those in the goblin caves of all places, did you beat the troll???

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Drink red potion first then bandage to stack the healing and make your red potion work better and use less bandages, less bandages to carry.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Love using Barb to smash doors and chests just running through like a juggernaut only to die fast

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

When you queue up it shows you at the top sometimes you load in too quick to notice

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Wizard and rogue are probably the hardest to start off solo with, just lack of health either having to charge up your spells while mobs or players are at a distance or get in really really close and hope you're hitting head and or neck all the time.

WYYYYZZZAAARRRDDD: Fireball is fun as gently caress, you can move and shoot it has some aoe fire/explosion damage.

Magic Missile is your other main way to kill from a distance, BUT you have to be standing still to have it shoot a bunch of ki balls which does suuuuuck when you're in a pinch aince that means you're gonna have to pray you started hitting them on the head before they get close enough to hit you.

Haste is fun especially to try and run away, I forget if the spell to buff your and your party's weapon is still there, Shock sucks rear end don't ever use it, Chain Lighting is awesome but can also hit you and your mates so unless you're some kind of solo chaos mage probably not a good idea to cast it unless you're looking into a room that has nothing but enemies trying to kill one another.

Lightning strike requires you to see the future for it to hit or you bait people to come around a corner cause it has a 4 second delay.

Find a crystal ball and a poo poo rondel dagger so you can actually do some damage instead of relying on your poo poo Gandarf staff.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

How many of you in game rich bougie people are making regular runs into the high roller version of the castle?

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

They could always do what Tarkov does and just wipe everything for new seasons or whatever. Making everyone start from scratch again. Although it would be nice to eventually start blocking high geared/leveled teams from entering the normal castle to give those of us that don't have four hours a day to level grind a chance to grab and keep gear.

Or at the very least giving level tiers to dungeon maps to group people as close as possible relative to their respective levels/gear.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

That's really impressive. Hopefully cheating doesn't become too much of an issue with this game with people zipping around crazy fast or modding weapons to be one hit kills.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

They used to have three person exits back in September but got rid of them as to encourage/doom people taking the red portals into the inferno dungeon.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Dystopia Barbarian posted:

Had a blast with a high dmg blue Halberd I looted from some corpse. Many triple kills especially when they try to run or bunch up together with cleric.

The swinging animation with the Zweihander is the hardest thing to get used to, especially in narrow hallway fights.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Practice your lute playing in Mordhau?

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Concurred posted:

Jay is legit; last playtest he was top wizard in kills? I think. This playtest they made it way easier to memorize spells (you don't need knowledge gear anymore) so he wasn't as high since he runs solo. He ran double Spellbook with campfire and wiped groups numerous times

Any vids of him running double spellbooks?

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

I could see if Dwarves or Gnomes being really really short, the game could run into a Goldeneye Oddjob problem. Having a character that becomes harder to hit due to it's lower profile.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Dystopia Barbarian posted:

Devs just confirmed rangers will have limited ammo going forward.

:sickos:

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

So? Can we have nice things after all?

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

There's a Golden Key room???

https://youtu.be/yD6sgViWzO8

Also there's variations of the main dungeon map???

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

ShowTime posted:

Anyone playing Expedition to Agartha during the Dark and Darker wait? Let me know if so. It's Free to Play and they made some pretty hefty improvements over the past few months. It's not bad. Not as good as DaD, but its fun still. Might be fun to do some groups. Hit me up on Discord if you wanna do groups: Headshock#7342

I figured most people were trying out Diablo IV

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Doesn't just paying for it now give you access to the beta and early access and then the game??

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Before looking at gameplay I was intrigued, but seeing that it looks like a worse Sea of Thieves I'm not interested.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

:negative: goddammit I just want to do fun dungeon hoodrat poo poo with friends.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

What do they say?

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

That's a very good explanation they provided just enough to be satisfied with public information and reasonable on what could be withheld for proprietary reasons.

It does an excellent job in currying public favor in the court of opinion, doesn't go that far in telling your former boss to go gently caress itself, but having tangible evidence in accessible links and providing detailed responses to counter Nexon's claims is way way better.

This is just a very shrewd and decent way to try and keep your player base on your side while also starting a negative pr campaign against your former boss.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Makes sense if the game was just beginning to blow up and a bigger company sees them potentially doing really well while they aren't making that cash on something they canned that was similar.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

VulgarandStupid posted:

Goons, let's just remake the game in Roblox.

Was never really a fan of exploiting child labor.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

gently caress Roblox and anything they touch. Including child labor.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

ShowTime posted:

I wonder what people like Groovelord are gonna say when it doesn't happen.

"Oh, it's just late. It happens all the time with these big games."

"Steam didn't get their poo poo together in time."

"The servers the game is using are being DDOS'd by haters and/or Nexon."

Gonna turn into some real Star Citizen poo poo.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

So at game login, do we make an ID ourselves or something and where?

Edit found it in the announcements

Jiro fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Apr 14, 2023

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

DaD going to be integrated into Star Citizen as a planet you can visit.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

So what do we know about "The Fool's Studio"? I recognize so many sounds that are from DaD, pots breaking, sword swings, enemies that do pretty much the same thing, only the dungeons look a lot better lit with different colors throughout.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

It just really seems, to me, that they are at the whims of Twitch streamers more than they let on. It still kinda nuts that in the inventory section they still haven't implemented a function to turn items sideways and vertically to be able to stash gear in perma storage and on person storage more effectively.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Depends on how hard the Twitch streamers complain about it I guess.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Been seeing streamers complain about Fighters not really being changed at all and just being the new meta in HR.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Demon Of The Fall posted:

"Dear players,

Yesterday, Nexon's preliminary injunction against Iron Mace for trade secret and copyright infringement was dismissed.

The court ruled that “Iron Mace’s game cannot be viewed as infringing on Nexon’s copyright or trade secrets,” thus rejecting the claims and suspicions that Dark & ​​Darker was developed by using Nexon’s trade secrets and infringing on its copyrights. It wasn't. In addition, the court ruled that Dark & ​​Darker's service should not be suspended based on Nexon's claims and evidence alone.

The court's decision regarding unfair competition is disappointing in that it came from a situation where Nexon did not even submit the P3 game itself as official evidence.
However, this is due to the limitations of evidence examination in the provisional injunction procedure, and according to the provisional injunction decision, one of the reasons why the court dismissed Nexon's application for a provisional injunction was the need for a faithful investigation of evidence and hearing in the main lawsuit.

If sufficient and thorough evidence is investigated in the main lawsuit, the truth about the unfairness of Nexon's claims and the innocence of Iron Mace will be revealed.

Despite many difficulties, we were able to persevere thanks to the support and support of players around the world.
We will continue to invest and do our best to develop Dark & ​​Darker into a solid game that can be serviced for more than 10 years.

I am always grateful to you all"

Why does this read like the writer is disappointed that the verdict went in Iron Mace's favor? Also does this mean it'll go back to being on Steam?

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

If I can be an incredibly annoying flying bug that shoots at least three times in one go AND loot my kills, that'd be kinda cool. Or just randomly spawn as a centaur in Ruins.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Watching some of that game's gameplay holy poo poo Rogue's vanish is incredibly overpowered, you just become silent and invisible till you interact with something can walk as far as you want. If you get hit you get turned into stone? A lot of the sounds definitely sound the same from DaD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Demon Of The Fall posted:

as a primarily solo player in the 3-man map, i actually love that change. it will allow me to punish another player going astray from their group and it doesn't immediately allow the other 2 players to zerg me down, they will actually have to communicate where they are and where I am.

Agreed, it's also one of the more fun things about watching Tarkov players kill each other on accident.