Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
I'm excited for green behemoth

I'll always remember how ridiculous resto x2 was

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
I hope the new Lightfall Destiny means I don't get to use 1 loadout across 2 seasons to clear nearly every GM.

I....might?....miss your HoIL Arc Titan with Arbalest, a match game/champ weapon and a burn matching LFR or rocket.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Through the campaign on my Titan and Hunter, Strand nearly totally unlocked on both and getting my hands on the now disabled Glaive today :(

I really enjoyed Lightfalls legendary campaign gameplay. I cleared most of it with 3 the first time through and the solo/duo'd my hunter. It is much much easier solo since the scaling is so aggressive. It feels easier and lower stakes compared to WQ which is a bit disappointing, but overall from a gameplay perspective I don't have any complaints. I enjoyed figuring out all the encounters with my friends, the only one that really sticks out is trio-ing the boss with the red wall of death as really tedious. My only gameplay campaign negative was being forced to use strand since it seemed to make some of the encounters harder to clear and was very disorienting irt how I was playing. Def breaks the flow state. Callus seemed pretty braindead to me zip around the outside platforms, murder tormenters as they pop and whittle him down. Shoot and scoot. The final bit was a fun surprise. I used alot of Witherhoard and Outbreak Perfected. LMGs seem to be the answer to alot of problems too.

The story seemed really disjointed and I get why people were like WTF is the veil? I barely pay attention to The Destiny Lore and even I though Nimbus was really annoying. This is supposed to be some Very Serious Business (TM) and this dudes really not reading the room. I also disliked that this expansion was an incredibly contrived Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles learn your power grasshopper adventure. It felt like a bunch of filler bullshit and they could have cut like 2-3 of those campaign levels and added in something else. WQ actually got me to pay attention because it felt very interesting and high stakes and like it all actually mattered.

The seasonal is alot of fun and feels like they should have reversed the story lines of the expansion and the seasonal tbh. Give us strand across a season with all that bullshit and let us do things that matter in the campaign. I like it, but the end section drags a little but overall, probably the bestest they've done to date. It's really rough when you have two blueberries though and YOU are the one doing all the mechanics. Hoepfully this fades as the seasons progresses.

Mods seem very superfical with set general BIS options in your head and feet leaving you to basically make decisions around how you want to stack your regen options in your arms and class items. Chest is defensive mods ezpz. You're running Heavy Ammo Finder/Scout/Siphon in your head and 2x Damage boosts with your flavor of orb pick up (or kinetic damage) in your feet. I think the only time I'd give up the weapons boosts would be for an Arc Titan style build where I just want the grenade all the time.

I really miss some of the more cross style builds from the well system where you could synergize across classes to provide benefits to people like just having a casual well of life on since the warlocks in your fireteam are popping solar wells.

Speaking of mods the general early meta seems to revolve around answering how do I keep suspend and/or woven mail up as much as possible and LOL Volatile Flow is broken. You can run void weapons for volatile rounds even if you're not void and I would encourage everyone to do it if anything is giving you a hard time. Repulsor braces will give you over shields after picking up an orb with volatile flow effectively making you invincible. Looking forward to playing with some of the deeper strand options and unlocks in the season pass since I'm currently built with a bunch of void and unstoppable glaive.

I think hunters have some interesting suspend options with sixth coyote, but the support class seems to be Titan since we can proc Woven Mail for our whole fireteam by popping tangles. Need to mess with Glaive vs HoIL, do not enjoy Synco's and decide on a good loop to keep Mail up on everyone (and myself). Titan melee feels a little underwhelming but I'm using it to finish lower health opponents and force a tangle. Legend Lost Sector is a good time but I'm not good enough to flawless it yet RIP. Strand Titan feels like living your life 10 seconds at a time. Need a good way to keep the orbs and tangles flowing. Currently set up running HoIL Strand with Witherhoard, Repulsor Unforgiven, Repulsor Commemoration or a timelost corrective measure depending on how i feel. Volatile Flow op. Going to experiment with the strand exotic I think but the icicle spikes are tempting.

Titan Fragments I think Mind, Generation and Warding are pretty great. I'd run the demo one for a boss encounter and currently experimenting with the one that makes tangles on weapon kill if woven. I really like the precision kills on suspended targets makes orbs since its a non-mod dependent orb generator and something you can proc when you need it for Volatile and Woven.

Post campaign the Machine Gun quest is most excellent and I think the Glaive quest is one of the best things to do when you pass campaign. It gives powerful's at every tier and will feed you strand bucks and vendor rep. Really enjoyed the weekly sparrow race thing that you get to do too. Vex incursions is really fun cool idea, I hope they do more of that.

Overall I think its a pretty solid B being dragged by the tone, pace and forced strand, but I consider this expansion to be more of a tech debt payment/systems update. The overhauled systems I think are an A+ rn. I think it will be a huge positive and I love what they're doing to light level.

Now just into the Powerful/Pinnacle loop and getting all my stuff to 1780 for the raid yay :)

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

woo!

e: E15 is the way

Waroduce fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Mar 10, 2023

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

weeee

e: please forgive my lack of fashion, this is the first time i've had star eaters or aeons on my hunter this season

Waroduce fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Mar 11, 2023

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Pirate Jet posted:

I agree, but the difficulty conversation around the game right now is happening in terms that are way too two-dimensional. The difficulty Bungie seems to have had in mind in “bringing challenge back to Destiny” with Lightfall has apparently just been to crank up health and damage values on enemies and dust off their hands, which has resulted in the game’s oft-exalted gunfeel falling to poo poo as it takes three hand cannon crits to take down a minor enemy. There are ways to increase difficulty without making the game feel like poo poo, it’s the balance that practically every game developer aspires for, and Bungie came the closest to it with Witch Queen’s legendary campaign. I agree that RoN isn’t great but it’s because the mechanics are so simple that every encounter except planets has like three people on add clear at any given time.

I’m also just not even the least bit sympathetic to complaints from streamers that a lot of people managed to clear this contest mode - in a game where the difficulty is bizarrely only available for the first 48 hours (or less!) this is the next best thing to what Bungie should actually be doing, which is making contest mode difficult, optional, and permanent, which would solve pretty much everyone’s problems here. And you could say “but Master Mode is still coming,” and this is where I insert my speculation that I think Master RoN is going to use the same values as Contest Mode in an effort to get more people to do Master raids alongside the rework to adept raid weapons that’s happening when it launches.

It’s just that when Datto puts out a video where he’s practically spitting phlegm into his mic about how outraged he is that more than a hundred people worldwide were able to finish the raid on day one, I find that loving pathetic. Everyone agrees the DCV sucks. I have active contempt for this idea that more poo poo needs to be time-gated and impossible to serve the player base with the top 1% of playtime.

I have thoughts i'll fart into the wind about the raid but Master mode has a weapons surge and the presence of champions which mean you just roll an aeons or 2 and heavy everything to death. I unironically believe that you'll get through master maining just a MG and be fine. Enemies also do NOT have more health and are NOT harder to stun so it will be much easier than contest which is.....dissapointing.

I also agree with everything datto said so :shrug:

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
They already took contest, the least they could do was move the difficulty to master :(

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
I like that you do alot of your damage while falling during Riven legit and its not pop well, stand here for 30 seconds.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
I throw my hammer at my feet because I'm bad at landing it 😓

My first gm was inverted and my second the same season was the corrupted (twice!)

First GMs would be an interesting graph to see

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Id be ok if they take the bottom out of heroic and take it back to og strike level stuff, probably make legend a little easier and make Master like permanent old contest or ratchet it all the way up.

If people want the floor to be lower I don't really care but I don't want the ceiling to suffer for it. If you wanna just lol roll face all over the game using whatever you want fine. Please leave Master stuff alone so I have something to engage with. I'm not trying to play diablo 3 speed runs the fps.

Also, if you wanna do shallow end game stuff than I think its reasonable they expect a shallow engagement with their rpg lite video game. Farming for exotics or pursuing guardian ranks seems like shallow end game stuff and it still only gets easier as you get light.

Huge fan of the vex strike force change

I'm real curious to see how high Dream Warrior comes in as a title.

Per Charlemagne

Kingslayer - 2.6%
Disciple-Slayer - 2.7%
Shadow - 2.9%
Rivensbane - 4.1%
Fatebreaker - 4.7%

Kingslayers been out for six months and is nearly past Disciple-Slayer which is interesting to me. I think VoW is harder in general and I think Master Exhibition was (gently caress you double tapping crossbows) and still is still one of the hardest pieces of content in Destiny. I don't know off hand what I'd say is harder other than pre-patch Avalon or maybe Lightblade boss room before people figured out how to break the AI? Master Gatekeepers before everyone moved over to stasis and pushing mobs off?

Wasn't around for Shadow but respect

Rivensbane requires a flawless but has been out for years so a bit higher as players get to a place they can execute.

MJeff posted:

Look, if you don't wanna be challenged, just go play the raid. :v:

🥲

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
The new LoS is pretty ok apart from the opening dragging a bit.

The miniboss was fun, the bus is your friend.

I think you still all in the boss with swords and a well or bubble but idk I've only done it once. There's no hard gate on him.

You can stand on some of the rocks sticking out of the black stuff and not take damage, especially along the wall to survive away from the center area.

There's also some like darkness cruxs that maybe do something to the black stuff on the floor but I also didn't really pay attention and it was late.

Haven't done it on Master yet. Anyone who has do they still have the unstoppables at the end of the tunnel that they then pop you out to the minor platforming section?

tormenter was fun but it's not a boss on legend so suspend and lol

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

Do those patterns work the same as current ones? I need to disassemble 4 red-bar guns?

yes but DCS is farm status for the vast majority of overchill now, so you should throw up a redbox run on events and just be like red box - need sherpa and someone will come bc they also need a redbox. you can also roll the last boss in a 1 phase really easily so people somtimes just cp farm that when its the rotator.

you can do the raid/last encounter anytime tho 1x a week for a red box (account bound)

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Amused at claim 7 titles for Rank 11. I have only 5, 2 being Raid titles, Conqueror, ~something~ and the only Seasonal I have is splicer because it was a six month season. You'd think I'd get a little extra credit for completing Disciple-Slayer/Kingslayer over some seasonal/collectible driven title.

I've got to solo spire for the rank anyway which is all I'm missing for whatever Spire's title is, so that makes six and I'm getting RoN's title so thats 7.

It did make me curious as to where I'm at with the others and the only thing I'm missing for VoG's Fatebreaker is the Arc/Solar/Void runs so despite how much I despise VoG I might go back. Ya boy also still needs a Petra's zzz.

I'm short 5 exotic catalysts after doing a few hours of the shadowkeep farm. You need 25 and when I started and checked I had only 8 because if its not raid relevant I don't typically do the thing. It was not as bad as I thought but lord, I am glad I didn't Suro-Chi it all. At least you get to move around a bit for shadowkeep.

I will say the Guardian Ranks still feel awkwardly implemented and I think there are some rough edges around it, but it is making me engage with a whole bunch of content I do not care about so thats nice to do....once.

I want to hit the max the first time just in case they give you something cool like a title or an emblem (or a jacket) but after that I probably won't go out of my way to do anything to make number go up. I also happen to be in a position rn to be able to sink that kind of time so meh.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

joeshmoetogo posted:

Do you have to defeat all LLC champs to get exotic drop chance? I wasn't seeing any while cheesin with void hunter real quick to just get the code and leave 2 champs.

Eventually got full clears of chamber of starlight down to ~6mins after grabbing a LB but jfc it still took 8hrs to see a decent roll on the second drop of gyrfalcons.

if you're doing it for exotics you wanna clear all Champs for Plat rewards. If you're doing it for the rank, you can just assassinate the boss and loot the chest iirc.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Not sure if its been posted but for those of you working through Conqueror node or doing Master Raid stuff you can always have a void overcharged MG due to that one artifact mod that maxes weapons with certain origin perks overcharged. Recurrent Impact qualifies and gives a top tier DPS option as well as all the void flexibility and seasonal mods we've been abusing all season.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Love to be one and done

shout out kilranin

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Appreciate the help from Kilranin, Steel, Squirellord, Yahiko, Moon, Meiteron, NG and Uller.

Good time gilding this season. The new content for the GM space was super appreciated and it felt nice to have some new content to learn and get through. I like PG and Glassway as introductory GM's. Glassway has been pretty consistently in the rotation since Beyond Light so I feel like lots of people know the boss room now. Strand also totally trivializes the wyverns and overloads that typically push you. Strand Titan in GMs is really strong for the CC. I like it much more than hunter since the suspend off class ability doesn't put you in danger the way a hunter dive does. HoIL's ability spam also feels much more valuable than the "harder" cc of the exotic boots. The barrier champions still feel incredibly tedious to me though.

LoS was the least enjoyable for me. The meatball is super annoying and take forever to progress past during runs. We finally had a big brain moment and did 2 well locks and a strand titan for CC and essentially burned him with fusion grenades and MGs. You can have the titan pop super and clear adds when they all pile up so the warlocks can keep grenading but it was stupid easy and we got past that part at like 12/13 mins.

Having essentially 4 new GM's made it entertaining to go through and actually learn new content instead of like "oh i screwed up the thing that i know how to do" if that makes any sense.

Now I have to help the homies get through Conqueror and I personally just want to hit Rank 11 which means I finally have an excuse to finish VoG's Fatebreaker (Arc/Solar/Void Runs, but all the master stuff is done lmao) and Spire's Wanted title (Solo & All Arc). I am not looking foward to a solo run from a time perspective :(

e: I think if I had to put together a cookie cutter fireteam for most gm's this season it'd be like:
1. Warlock for Well
2. Void Hunter - Omni insurance policy, aeons for ammo. Gyrfalcons I don't love and feels almost unneeded since all of the explosions from everyone anyway due to volatile flow.
3. Strand Titan - the HoIL CC spam is too strong and can solve alot of issues for you. Tormentor on LS, various champ pushes, suspending spawns. Too strong.

PS: The artifact mod that makes weapons with Ambush overcharged if overcharge is active means you can use Retrofit the whole time. You can also take Void Weapon Channeling which helps a bit if you're running Void without the burn and the uptime is pretty good on my void hunter the way I play since I ususally sit on dodge as a get out of jail free card.

Waroduce fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Apr 16, 2023

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Oxyclean posted:

oh boy a bunch of bullshit that makes me not want to engage with build crafting because there's a bunch of annoying and cryptic caveats.

Lmao

e: Content

i got the thing yay

Waroduce fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Apr 19, 2023

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
This is a link to a server that has a vex alert bot. You can react to an emoji to get a dm anytime a vex event happens. If you're under leveled you might get carried but it's way better than lls bullshit.

You can also pipe the announcements into your own server if you like

https://discord.gg/7rk8WyTA

I am in no way affiliated I just think it's a v nice tool and way easier for new players to tag along than bang their heads into the lost sector bullshit.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
I wish I got paid for farting Destiny opinions to the masses. Don't hate the player.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
If you're new-ish or returning or just having issues with shards or have only like 1000-2000 or something I would take an hour to do the shard glitch if it actually works. its a huge QOL improvement to be able to buy all the exotics, glimmer, upgrade modules and BS and never worry about stuff. If you're casual it probably won't matter but if you've got designs to pursue destiny end game and youre sinking mats into your armor still its v nice. I think you can turn shards into most matts like cores, prisms and glimmer

I was helping a new buddy who had like 55 shards and just being able to afford xur's stuff is huge QOL

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
I might be forever rank 10 bc solo-ing the dungeon is not beyond my ability, its just beyond my patience.

I just don't enjoy solo play and it is incredibly tedious and takes a long time. I am tempted for the epeen, but also everything was pretty chill or already done. Solo play sucks and is not why I am here, especially when none of the mechanics or combat are difficult it just takes 7 phases to titan damage the gardens boss to death. I have heard the last guy is harder. I have flawless raids, 3 raid titles (a solar and arc vog off 4), a string of Week One's, a contest, flawless GM's, went 2 for 2 on my first Mars GM attempts, Gilded conqueror twice before reset and I have Day One'd every single dungeon that has been released since Beyond Light and solo-ing spire is where I draw the line sir.

that poo poo is boring and does not spark joy. if they gave back solo operative I might but :effort: I play this game to do cool hard poo poo with my friends. If I wanted to play with myself I'd get some new lotion and shut the door.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Solar weapons are not very important IMO. I would run void for everything to abuse volatile flow and bricks from beyond. You're entire loop is murdering things with a hammer. the solar weapons are like irrelevant to your core gameplay loop of murdering everything with a hammer and proccing cure/sunspots/radient with your murder hammer.

re: Solar Titan

For most of my solar titan builds I'll consider running a finisher mod to get my hammer back because I can be very bad at actually landing mid range hammers. In difficult content, I spend alot of time looking about 4 feet infront of me and chain hammering everythings ankles. You will also become incredibly aware of if there is a wall behind your target or not.

Related to fragments you have a pretty wide variety of options to slot in depending on the content you're doing. In mid tier difficulty you can run alot of fun fragments that build on scorch and ignitions. I'm not super familiar with these but Char and things that give more stacks/ignitions/aoe is probably what you want. As you push into more dangerous content, there are a few that I really like.

These are totes my opinions and other people should add colour

Ember of Torches - IMO required on any solar build. Radiant provides anti-barrier and a free 15?25%? damage steroid for just being radiant. Run it as a Titan because some Warlocks don't depending on their flavor of welllock. You hammer freaking everything as a solar titan this is like a 100% up time free buff. This is on every single one of my solar builds.

Ember of Mercy - IMO probably one of the most powerful options in the game, especially in the Contest raid, Master Raid and GM space. (or whatever you're doing where people be dying). It's got a free +10 to Res, pops an AOE resto on rez and touching a firesprite gives resto. Typically there's some easy synergy to be had with other solar players who may be creating firesprites for you. Especially noticable in nightfalls/master raids when it's a solar burn and other people are popping off firesprites. This is on every single one of my solar builds.

Ember of Solace - Extend couple seconds on resto/solar affects. Up to you, kind of nice if adds are streaky or you're trying to extend some damage window or you're having issues keeping all your stuff procc'd. Replaceable IMO in alot of content since you can just hammer something to refresh resto or you're not going to be pushed to the brink of death. Nice insurance policy tho.

Ember of Singing - Makes lorelai pretty hard to kill since scorching targets gives class ability back which you will be doing alot by smacking them with a hamme feeding your regen loop off lorelai. This is useful if you don't have 100 res but IMO after you are comfortable hammering things to give yourself Resto and Radiant I would move on from this fragment ASAP. this thing is training wheels. you keep yourself alive by murdering things with a hammer and standing in the sunspot.

Ember of Empyrean - Useful if we really need to stay alive and keep resto up

Ember of Benelovence -> I don't feel the need to dip into aspects with this build to compress my regen loops. If you're a newer player though and don't have great armor stats yet, its def useful and saves you from blowing valuable armor mods on various stat fonts.

Other Solar thoughts -
Solar weapons are nice, but your hammer is your BFF and will extend/proc/whatever solar weapons do

Synco's are my preffered solar titan exotic. Your hammer now chunks yellow bars and staggers freaking everything and makes sunspots and you 1 shot like all the red bars so you just chain hammer murder things like a hammer train of murder. You can run a bunch of aspects to basically keep you alive because this build is OP as gently caress and makes "Hammer to the face" and the alternative strategy of "Many Hammers to the face on this stunlocked thing bc I am staggering it every hammer" a highly viable solution to most problems. If you are concerned about living run healing grenades and run Mercy, Emperym, Solace and Torches maybe.

current season, solar weapons
As an introduction to ~end game meta space~ that is basically just abusing the piss out of whatever seasonal mods are, I would 10000000000% run void weapons on most builds this season to take advantage of Volatile Flow which applies volatile that makes things explode and heal you as well as bricks from beyond which gives a purple brick every 2 yellow bar kills you get with a void weapon. If you're struggling with something please abuse the seasonal mods. I run void weapons on freaking everything that isn't like strand.

If you're very new and reading this, for the love of god please make sure you are buying your seasonal mods (neear your ghost and power weapons on your inventory screen) and you are actively matching the siphon mod in your hat to your main add clear weapon so you generate orbs.

Strand Weapons -> take the seasonal strand mods for suspend and bigger AoE, is very nice to murder the screen and suspend anything that isn't dead.

quote:

My sorta standard goofing off/dungeon loadout is loreley, witherhoard, minitool, eager edge sword. I will carry a chill clip riptide and reconstruction succession and heritage (top slot), trustee, ikelos, hero’s burden, tarrabah (mid slot), and retrofit escapade, lament (bottom slot) and that sorta covers most of my “dicking around on sunbreaker” this season. Sometimes I work in a shotgun, rocket launcher, linear fusion, whatever.
this is excellent weapon loadout advice.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
I hope they make the shotty exotic viable enough to idk like 3-4 tap a champ on GM. that'd tickle me but i guess it'd be ok if it was just viable in the mid game space.

Excited to try the thunder punch exotic too, I just recently got that off a vex thing.

Both of the changes sound really good and fun

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
I'm curious to see how all the newer players and population at large adjusts to a world without volatile flow and unlimited heavy.

The aspect changes def make it hurt less though. I get to run devour on my void hoil build now which is nice.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

sunday at work posted:

That two second delay “fix” seems like a great example of when you can’t actually fix something so you try to keep it from triggering.

From a time/value perspectives its a 100/100 make the decision everytime put it on my resume if such a thing was appropriate

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
If we're trying to maximize DPS, SES Blade Barrage is a quick super dump that does more damage the Nighthawk Golden Gun. You only want one Gathering Storm because you really only want one source of jolt so that you don't trigger the internal jolt cooldown. Yes, there is a conflict with two-tailed fox IIRC. You can have as many Blade Barrages in a group as you want. BB is nice because you can throw it and get back to DPS. It also lasts just long enough to take a breath after the cast and swap to an auto-loaded GL or rocket.

Golden Gun has some usage, but more situationally. You get orbs for popping, crit damage and a nearly instantaneous cast. It only refunds super energy on a kill despite its usage being mostly on bosses.

Blade Barrage is pretty good and doing flips is both cool and good.

Someone tell me if I don't understand jolt pls.

Also, literally none of this matters in 99% of the content and you should do and use things that spark joy

e: you can also use it as a trash clearer and there's even a fun exotic to help with that!

Waroduce fucked around with this message at 05:42 on May 19, 2023

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
I'm desperate for Bungie to add more 6 man master content. I'd love for them to bring back master ketch and the season of the splicer stuff and shove wellspring into some master weekly rotator. That stuff was so fun

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

MJeff posted:

I'm a fan of the Battleground style of activity. I'll generally be pretty satisfied when they pour tons of adds on me as long as not too many of them are exploders, which I find obnoxious.

I'm trying to put together some loadouts to farm the Grasp of Avarice boss for some artifice armor this weekend, hypothetically, say you already have a Well and a Tether, what's gonna be the best third option?

- Solar Hunter with Young Ahamkara's Spine and a Demolitionist rocket launcher.
- Solar Hunter with Star Eater Scales for an omega Blade Barrage and then I guess normal rockets?
- Falling Star Titan for big boom Thundercrash and then I guess normal rockets.

Or is it just another Starfire Protocol Warlock, lol.

the answer is always more starfire warlocks until they nerf starfire. up till about like 3 or 4, cause you get like 2x witherhoard than one of the guys can use osteo and i think your 4/5th warlock is onto any old thing with incandescent.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
lmao that people are asking for raid weapons and perks without having to do the activity. also lmao that people have a problem with giving raid guns perks first or that raid guns have cool, unique rolls. Raids and GM's are the premier end game activity for PVE, they should have cool things to incentivize players.

Sestze posted:

DSC Chest: Must have completed at least one (1) encounter to get any of the items unlocked to come from the chest. Otherwise you get nothing.
Vow Chest: Same. Requires at least a small chunk of combat to be completed solo.
Last Wish Chest: Requires you to know how to platform/skate backwards from a checkpoint that you snag via the wishwall.

Twitch Bounty is Twitch Bounty, integration with Amazon and Twitch has always been really awkward and hamfisted, but it's to encourage people to stream or watch trials.
You still need to participate to get pity xp for loss engrams. Do poorly enough in Trials and a loss will not count at all, as it assumes you're full AFK.

None of the above are adept versions of the weapons, either, unless I missed something.

All of these things require a fair bit more effort than "be in a clan with people who do activities you don't like and sponge off of their completions via Hawthorne."

lmao that omg i have to do small amount of combat or engage in activity to get rewards is a thing? what are we even after here? Let me log in, give me free cool, new loot I don't even want to play the game? no, thanks i don't want to engage in any content. If i do, i want to wear and use anything i want because i don't want to try new things, and i only want to do easy, quick activities, so please just uhm postmaster me all the new loot thnx.

oh I have to spend 5 mins linking twitch accounts? What is the end space of this argument? Let players roll 1600 vanguard ops for the newest stuff they don't need and won't equip? That's bullshit tbh and it removes a significant incentive for engaging with the game in depth or doing any content at all. Playing the game is a fundamental concept here.

The only place any of this matters is the extreme end game of the PVE world in GM's and Master Raids and even there its....helpful but not a requirement. There are very few spaces in Destiny where you have to be so particular to build a certain way and stay in your ability loops to survive.

Also adept guns are like barely better than crafted all you get is Adept Big Ones in PVE. Are we asking for adept weapons out of every day content? There's already no reason to do Master Raids outside grabbing the title, we do that poo poo for love of the game.

syntaxfunction posted:

I think people overvalue the benefits of end game weapons. It's like an instrument. Yeah, if you're an expert the differences in performance will be noticeable and appreciable, but if you're an amateur or just a normal player then you probably won't see any real benefit.

People don't need a god roll Rufus over a crafted Perpetualis any more than the average guitar player needs a $5000 guitar over the nice one they already have.

I agree with this 100%, why are people who don't raid and engage with Destiny in the shallowest way possible complaining about game spaces they don't even interact with? Destiny just gave us add clear the raid, a full LFG run averages an hour and 24mins. You can use anything you want in that raid, it doesn't even matter and get a red box a week and have your auto-rifle or whatever in literally 5 clears. If someone's that thirsty for it maybe uh, you know watch a video and play the game?

It's like listening to t-ball kids ask for $500 bats but never walk to the plate

Shockeh posted:

Depends what you mean by 'break' then, doesn't it.

If it results in substantially lower performance to the point you can argue whether it's 'working', then yeah. Fine, just take Red War grey weapons in, they 'work' right?

it's not substantially lower performance and even if it is, outside of a few very specific spaces, it literally doesn't matter. because you can clear 99% of the content with whatever semi-modern guns you want and I'd argue anything at 1600 could be done with grey/green guns and be fine.

This is also a pretty lovely comparison because there are a ton of guns in the game you can use, and they even specifically provided an easier to obtain strand auto-rifle to allow people to engage with the cool new strand stuff. they just put a slightly better on in the raid. which is great! i thought that was excellent loot distribution.

Even if it is substantially lower performance.....go do the raid? for the gun? play the game, to get the things. Destiny is like a looter-shooter so simply shoot and loot things. If you don't want the challenge and just want to shoot mans literally 90% of the game is designed for you to do that in and you will face 0 consequences or stress in your life apart from not having a gun you don't need and don't want enough to engage with content to get.

I am an end-game player and I don't have immortal...because uhm I have like that other strand SMG? that's a strand type weapon and like....its fine and work with my strand builds and gets the surges boosts and such and I don't really enjoy trials and i'm totally cool with it. If I wanted to get it, i'd do the twitch thing but I can't be bothered so I'll just continue to have fun playing Destiny without that gun. I did used to jump off cliffs in Trials for that stupid stasis LFR though.

Oxyclean posted:

I think the point is there's not a ton of "build-defining" raid weapons.

The literal only one I can think of is collective obligation, which like still, if people want it...go get it off a boss check point. Rhulk is easy as gently caress, watch a video, engage with content. There is a very easy-going and welcoming discord community a click away full of goons who will dumpster whatever content someone would be concerned about. Even than, you can run a real good gyrfalcons hunter without it.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
I think Preservation was a great idea and they should roll a similar deal out for every Raid after the day 1. Giving a raid drop at the end would be a great way to reward engaging with the content.

They should have kept that gardens MG mission and made it a pinny

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

PERMACAV 50 posted:

You literally walk through the symbol preview room on the way to the last area.

ponzicar posted:

Environment preview? That's nice, but what the end game actually needs is a mechanics preview. Operation: Seraph's Shield was exactly that, and if it released alongside DSC (obviously the storyline would have to have been different) I'd actually praise Bungie for having good design. Preservation should have had an introduction to Vow symbols instead of just being TF2 payload map, and RoN should have had a mission introducing the seed mechanics.

People aren't avoiding endgame stuff like raids because they can scam a free legendary weapon once a week. They avoid it because they're intimidated by having to master entirely novel mechanics under the social pressure of trying not to annoy the other 5 nerds on the fire team. And getting actual pressure free gameplay experience with those mechanics is a thousand times more fun than having to watch a professional content creator's lovely 30 minute youtube tutorial.

TBF, I am very sympathetic to the mechanics are intimidating for new players thing and I think Bungie has totally missed the on-boarding mark with making RoN as add clear-y as it is. A DSC Style one by one introduction to the various mechanics or layering in something cute like the first room in exhibition where it's a mini-mechanics tutorial would be a welcome addition. I would keep this separate from the Day 1/general raid experience but have it drop after the Day 1 is done or after the first reset after contest mode.

A little 20-30 min activity that takes you through the entrance/opening of the raid would be super cool and shows you some of the basic mechanics of like connecting flowers, light/dark buffs, reading and subsequently inputting symbols, or tethering a-la gardens would be a good stepping stool and throwing 1 raid drop at the end would be a good way to hook players in.

A fix however, is not making this game even easier (and its the easiest its ever been) and letting everyone get all the loot without even playing the game though, so we're stuck at, join the discord, watch a video, ask for help and engage with the content :shrug:

A very smart RL friend of mine started playing and just listening to his questions and trying to help him has really made me appreciate how absolutely dire the new player experience is and how much Destiny doesn't tell you about how poo poo works. The first time he's seen any of these mechanics are in the raid which is kinda rough for him. He's also mentioned he's tried to learn mechanics in strikes to figure out how the game works but everyone just blows through them and he doesn't get a chance. He's hit on nightfalls as fun mixes of difficulty and combat but there's just not alot of good like handheld/guided mechanical onboarding in the game.

They should really come up with some solution thats like ok, slot in a siphon, slot in a grenade mod, kill something to make an orb! ok now reach X power and 80 resilience or something. Btw here are champions! interact with your seasonal artifact.

I am going to be low key amused at the gnashing of teeth that a refreshed last wish causes if many players only experience is RoN.

PERMACAV 50 posted:

Not to dunk on you since this was an extremely bad design choice, but the mission is still available. There’s a flag for it in the middle of the ground level of Nimbus’s zone (you know, the part where you literally never go). I just logged in to check and it is still there for the character I completed that mission with. You're right that it should be a pinnacle though.

Oh I really enjoyed this, this is super cool to know.

I really wish bungie slots all these little one off exotic/3 mans into a rotator for a pinnacle a week. Bring back all the things! and make the 6 man splicer override activity a master pinnacle too!

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Penumbra is Left!!!!1111!

🧠

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

PERMACAV 50 posted:

Oh I’m sure the 15th wish will be for a guaranteed red drop

that would be a pretty LOL implementation and might make some lore nerds mad but i support it

They do have the thing you deposit at the end maybe they can make the chest? or just pick one of the 50 chests in the room and thats the special one? add a glow?

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

NAME REDACTED posted:

Temperature check because I have no idea what the fandom thinks: Do we think that Savathun is permanently done as an active player in the plot now that we killed her at the end of WItch Queen?

Didn't smoosh her ghost so I don't see why she doesn't come back a-la calus or something

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
FYI Gyrfalcon's hunter is stupid good this season. The exotic gives all void weapons volatile while leaving invisibility. Run any void weapon with the 2 void seasonal perks and you essentially create void breaches on cooldown while you kill things with a void weapon which refresh your dodge and gives overshield. It's like repulsor brace on any void gun and 24/7 uptime on overshields as long as you're killing stuff. You don't need actual repulsor and can take a damage buff or use anything your heart desires. The constant volatile feels alot like last season tbh.

Cessation is the hook into void breaches. I like rolling undermining, starvation and obscurity but honestly you can lean into like whatever you want as long as you have Cessation to generate the void breaches. You can finish things to apply more volatile which is fun in and of itself. I don't know that you need devour in low-mid game content but I like it as an insurance policy. Probably better fragments or whatever to run but meh

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Whirling posted:

they ever gonna do something about how loving miserable it feels to do lost sectors on legendary solo now or are they happy with this poo poo

Lmao

We're back folks

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Conqueror this season has both the corrupted and lightblade so it should be fun and spicy

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Kesper North posted:

Good to know!

My big issue is the absolute desert of Nightfall groups in the Destiny 2 LFG app right now, but I gather that's because everyone is cheesing the new dungeon. Which I should probably also try to do.

Overall I gotta say I'm super impressed with this and even last season, between the QoL improvements to buildcraft and the new weapons and content, I feel better prepared to take on high end content than ever and am even finding some amount of success!

Edit: I've heard that your drop chances improve if you do multiple Nightfalls in a row. Is that true? I usually want to do just 1-2 nightfalls then do something else, especially when it's a pain in the rear end like Sedia or this week's.

I don't know about running a few in a row. IIRC you get 1 roll of the weapon for the clear. You can run a ghost mod to get a chance of a bonus drop that maybe is the gun maybe not. You should give Overchill a shot if you haven't yet. People will usually be pretty down for whatever and can often explicitly ask for help or a sherpa and someone will show up and dumpster whatever you're currently stuck on. It's also a great opportunity to get feedback on your build or ask some questions if you ask.

Also, for anyone who doesn't have it, Xur has Arbalest, one of the bestest guns in all of destiny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Succession is a highly desirable utility pick up Recon/Vorpal is the desired roll for utility as you may or may not always have a fireteam near you. Recon acts as an auto-reloading holster and gives you more chances at whatever you're trying to hit.

I also feel like in the current sandbox you kinda want your primary ammo weapon to be in the second slot so you can take advantage of cool things like voltshot and such.

I've been kicking around creating a short, condensed new player introduction as a RL friend of mine has started playing and I can tell how confusing the new player experience is. My buddy tried to solo the new dungeon because well...its a pinnacle...and the game suggest it to him and I was like noooooo

I do agree with Uwaeve's points they're all very good. I also concur that

Arbalest
Riptide (ALH/LFG + Chill Clip)
Succession
Heritage
Witherhorde

are all excellent chase weapons if you don't have them that still have places all throughout the difficulty scale, from Vanguard Ops through Master Raids. I think I dropped my Day One with literally ever single one of those + izzy on my body in case the API went down.

A note on Izzy,

In literally just my opinion, Izzy you will never need unless you find yourself pushing Master Raids or Day One's doing ALH Rocket + Izzy swapping, which you should practice and get used to the timing. Practice alot, because if you haven't done it, it can be a little awkward to hit all your shots and all your rockets while looping through the key presses. Also you need the catalyst to make it worthwhile. Just use arbalest mostly for the same use cases tbh. Izzy swapping would be the different between a 1vs 2 or 2 vs 3 phases outside of Day Ones but requires consistency from all players in the fireteam, especially bc Starfire is ded in the DPS space.