Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

victrix posted:

the opposite iirc, think they like it

also the real monkeys paw is the match game changes

"we heard you hated match game so we removed it!*"

*and added it everywhere

Except it's not going to be anywhere near as severe as Match Game. It's going to be on par with Gambit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Loreley Helm even better than ever now

Fully sick Silver Only ornament for it too

Ornament, you say? Where can I find this?

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Vexcalibur is especially silly on Strand Warlock. Pair it with Necrotic Grips, Volatile Flow, and the Shackle Grenade. Pick up orbs to get Volatile, eat your grenade so kills of any kind will suspend enemies near the one you killed, then stab things with the overshield buffed melee. You're spreading volatile and poison from Necrotic in one hit, and when those dudes explode they suspend everything around them and make that explode too, which generates more orbs, which means more volatile. Toss in that fragment that gives you woven mail when you grab an orb and you become an unstoppable blender :allears:

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

PathAsc posted:

Yeah, chaperone is through the old quest kiosk near the postmaster in the tower iirc

If you have BLight, Shaw Han also offers a quest to get it that only has one step involving Cru / Gambit :v:

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

MJeff posted:

Reissue Gnawing Hunger with destabilizing rounds and repulsor brace.

The new seasonal Heavy GL can get that exact combo and it's the next one i'm beelining for.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Mesadoram posted:

If full auto works on glaives melee I will be SO happy.

Good news gamer!

Bungie posted:

This upcoming change allows players to have full auto mode for melee weapons (including Swords and Glaives)

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Banshee is selling not one, but TWO Legal Action IIs today in case you wanted an extra shot at a good roll of that? The featured one is Heating Up / Rampage so that one isn't awful at least :v:

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

haveblue posted:

Why aren't you just running an energy pulse

If i had to guess, because Kinetic pulses get a slight damage boost that Energy pulses don't.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Kith posted:

Cheesing the "you drop Special Ammo when you die" penalty by switching to another gun and having no Special Ammo.

Oh my god that's even better :lol:

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

syntaxfunction posted:

Nightfall is Glassware with Buzzard, yay. And the GG Nightfall is Arms Dealer? Interesting. Does the GG NF drop a different NF gun, if at all?

I'm just mopping up stuff for the last couple weeks, nice and relaxing stuff. It's great.

GG NF has been dropping Buzzards for me all day.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

SWEET BUSINESS IS GETTING EXPLOSIVE ROUNDS NOW BABY!

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Once more Titans get screwed for fashion :v:

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Y'all remember when they said they were changing things on the backend to increase stability so there wouldn't be hours of downtime for maintenance / launch day?

https://twitter.com/BungieHelp/status/1661084115930849280

lol. lmao.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

PathAsc posted:

ftfy

E: I got my copy of the dumb thing, I'll never use it unless there's some hidden interaction that makes it good though.

You can fire Coldheart for 13 seconds straight without letting off the trigger before you have to reload. It fuckin' rules, it's War Rig for Traces with the bonus of making Heavy ammo for allies if they get the kill on marked enemies. Works for Champs, Bosses, and Vehicles i think? Toss Heavy finder on it and it's Heavy for everyone!

Also it looks awesome with Gloamstrife.

T1g4h fucked around with this message at 03:25 on May 25, 2023

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

ponzicar posted:

Just how easy is it to mark targets with it? Can a warlock just spritz an entire wave of adds, or does it take sustained damage to do it?

Sustained damage for like, a few seconds and you can only mark bosses, champs, and a few other things. The mark lasts for a while and shooting the marked target again refreshes it.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

RocketRaygun posted:

In the past, they did not modify any guns that already dropped. Guns that can no longer roll the way people have them are around, and I've heard people call these illegal rolls. They exist, are out there, but there are extremely few of them (iirc, the Dawning SMG used to be able to roll with double dragonfly, which I think is the most common illegal roll).

It's cool if you have one. I have (or had, I may have deleted it accidentally when i was vault cleaning) an illegally rolled Commemoration from very early in DSC's lifecycle.

I've still got my Wastelander with Adagio, before they reissued it with an Origin Trait and removed Adagio from its pool.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I won fishing. Now to just convince Bungie to give me that "Fish fear me" hat as an in game ornament :v:

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Shotgun enjoyers, Xur has a Last Man Standing you do not want to miss:

On the surface, this doesn't seem like anything crazy yeah? Subsistence on a shotgun is cool, sure, but it's the addition of Discord on top of that that makes this something wild. "Final blows with another weapon grant this weapon increased speed for aiming down sights, accuracy, and airborne effectiveness for a short time. When Discord is active, final blows refund ammo." It's that very last bit that takes this from a "Huh, interesting." roll to a "Wait, holy poo poo, that works?" roll. Pull out your primary, murder two redbars, then swap to Last Man Standing and you have 6 seconds of infinite ammo. Yes, infinite. As long as Discord is up and you can hit your shots, every kill will return one round to the mag so you don't have to reload AND it'll add a round back to your reserves so you're just straight up not using ammo. It's hilariously fun!

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

smallmouth posted:

This is in the platform if section of the spire? Where are the symbols to shoot?

There are two secret chests, each one requiring you to shoot symbols.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rKuCMLQxTc

This shows you where to find them and how to activate them.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

To add on to the Savathun's Spire secrets post I made earlier: Keep an eye out in the final boss encounter for a big boss Shrieker called a Reclaimant that will appear sometimes! If you can burn it down and kill it before it closes up and vanishes, you'll get a seasonal gun (sometimes red border!) or a piece of armor and some other goodies! I'm unsure of what causes it to spawn, i've seen rumors and rumblings that everyone has to go through the correct symbol doors on the final platforming bit but no clue how true that is.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Well, that didn't take long. One away from being able to craft the new MG as well. Funny thing is, I wasn't even trying to unlock the pattern for this, the game has just been showering me with red borders. I've been focusing on the MG and the Red War engrams since I really want a Showrunner with Kinetic Tremors :lol:

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Re: Strand Banner Titan, y'all should try it with Age-Old Bond with Repulsor + Destablizing. It's... very silly. I've got a setup right now with Strand / Void dual siphon, Woven Mail on orb pickup, and Repulsor + Destablizing Age-Old. Plus Strongholds and Lament. It's absolutely absurd, you fire Age-Old into a bunch of red bars to explode them into purple mist and get overshield, grab the orbs for Woven Mail, then go sword / punch something to get your healing pulse going. Congratulations, you're an unstoppable monster :v:

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Heads up, the Void attunement card for Spires / Altars of Summoning is busted. And by busted I mean void damage suppresses you if you're close enough. It will also suppress your teammates if you shoot them with a void weapon :allears:

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

It would be awesome if Bungie would stop putting lovely modifiers on Altars of Summoning. So far we've had Attrition, Grounded, and now Togetherness. Altars feels like a genuinely fun activity that they insist on constantly ruining with negative modifiers that add nothing to the experience :argh:

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

syntaxfunction posted:

Imagine if you could pick modifiers like you do with difficulty, with more difficulties giving better rewards. I have no idea how that would work with matchmaking but it'd be fun for non matchmade stuff. Being able to do a delta 0 difficulty, but with a ridiculous amount of modifiers would be hilarious.

That would genuinely be awesome! I'd love to be able to come home from work and do a low stress version of Altars with no modifiers that would still at least give me the new guns, even if it was a lower chance of red border or something to compensate :v:

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Scallywag or bust. Forever gonna be a pirate :v:

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I now have a Sweet Sorrow with Ragnhild's Aggresive shotgun frame, so it's a 720rpm infinite ammo shotgun that speeds up after kills. What a wild ride :allears:

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

(also Breakneck is coming back next season which is almost literally Desperagio already)

Source? I've been screaming for them to either bring my boy back or put Onslaught on something new.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

It'd be super cool if the Event Card quest to get the Tormentor mask wasn't bugged, because i've knocked out the other two objectives but i'm still at 0/100 Headless Ones despite killing over 30 of the fuckers.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Collateral Damage posted:

The Swarm is just utter trash. It's got bad stats on a bad frame and a bad perk pool. It's only saved from the title of worst LMG in the game by Planck's Stride managing to be even worse.

If you really need an arc LMG Song of Ir Yut is right there and craftable. And if you don't raid then go to the moon and target farm A Fine Memorial which is still better than The Swarm.

Whoa whoa hey now. Planck's can at least get Grave Robber + Swashbuckler. Pair that with the origin trait and it's pretty fun for a close range heavy for a melee brawler build.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Mesadoram posted:

Was bored, made a Fighting Lion build. I love it dearly: https://dim.gg/txh2dfq/Gamma

I see 2 grenade launchers but no Heavy GL. Slacker :colbert:

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Worth noting, Showrunner is also the only SMG that can get Kinetic Tremors and since it's a 900, it procs stupidly fast. It's a real fun gun :v:

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Buffing Severance Enclosure and then nerfing Throwing Hammer in the same breath, Bungie why must you toy with my emotions like this? :smith:

I wonder if Melee Kickstart will alleviate some of that new cooldown.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

You can still solo Strikes, you can do the Powershell command or grab D2 Solo Enabler from GitHub. Outbreak Perfected is your Nanite pulse rifle, it should be in the exotic kiosk at the tower I think?

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Breakneck is back, and Onslaught is a random roll on both it and a world drop Void 600 AR. What a wild season!

Also, Titans, pull out Severance Enclosure and give the ol' Bonk Hammer a try again. Or just Severance Enclosure in general, really. The new explosions chains really well:

https://imgur.com/R9n5Ae4

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Titan needed a new look since my gimmick this season is entirely about throwing hammers like an angry construction worker :v:

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

PERMACAV 50 posted:

The first two Coils I loaded into last night were at the wyvern boss with no revives, so I spectated until the last guy standing soloed him, and then I got kicked to orbit for inactivity (even though I was moving the camera around the last guy, so it wasn't lack of controller input).

:dumbbravo:

Something is definitely up with the inactivity detection. I got booted back to orbit for inactivity while in the middle of fishing. Like you, it wasn't due to controller input because i was constantly moving around to pick up fish and casting my line out.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

lmao, 9 energy to get the cooldown back down to 1 second. loving hell Bungie.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

The quest for the Dawning Memento is SUPER easy. Looks like they took the complaints about the FotL one being an utter pain to heart, because the Dawning one is basically just "get a bunch of snowball kills and then give Eva some cookies" and you get your memento.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Heads up for anyone doing the new Exotic mission, Wish-Ender is still insanely busted. Rather than hop down and fight the big end boss normally, you can hang back up top and just shoot through the Vex "window" with Wish-Ender until he's dead. You'll have to run back and grab the two buffs every minute or so when they run out but if you don't want to deal with the tiny cramped arena and hordes of enemies, you don't have to. You can also hop up on the tiny ledge where the window is and your gun will poke through enough that you can use your heavy or special, but that leaves you open to taking hits from all the enemies in return.