Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Destiny is the worst game and I hate it. It is also the game I dump the most hours into by far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Still curious if Final Shape will have four $10 seasons in its aftermath because the great big plot beats always happen during the annual expo, and it might be weird for the story to end 10 months after the final shape in a match made 6 man activity to control plates

Does controlling the plates let you turn a boss into a gun? :colbert:

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
The Traveler is just the universes biggest Jaw Breaker.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
I hope strand has an ability that was as broken as pre-nerfed shatter dive. :allears:

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

haveblue posted:

“I hope you can see this because I’m doing it as hard as I can”

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Listerine posted:

Just upgrade to a PS5, what a massive difference in quality running Destiny over the PS4. If anyone else was on the fence, now that PS5 is easier to find, I highly recommend pulling the trigger. Everything loads so fast and the framerates are fantastic. I actually kind of miss the visual feel of playing on PS4, I don't know how to describe it, it felt a little grainier, more cinematic, but everything else is such an improvement I couldn't imagine going back.

I usually like to max storage on consoles and was thinking of getting an SSD to plug into the NVME slot, but I read in the docs that games won't run as fast compared to the inbuilt hybrid drive; is that really true? Can any of you PS5 goons comment on how Do games run from an additional SSD?

Remember to max out your FOV and turn on 120hz in crucible if you TV supports it!

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Now I need Dana Snyder ranting about guardians.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Some more strand information.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74aKpVHVDm4

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Swapping your guns right at the beginning of the match is pretty common when you are evaluating the other teams loadout. Locking your loadouts beforehand would be an awful idea.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
The Traveler being a gigantic gun means Guardians are going to dismantle the Traveler.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

dodgeblan posted:

I have a horrible sinking feeling that lightfall is going to end with the Traveler deciding that humanity IS super special and that it was wrong to abandon other races in the past

which will make me feel stupid for paying so much attention to this poo poo for the last 10 years

lol imagine caring about the lore in the space barbie gun game.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAB8hxDM1n0

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
There is no way that guardians don't gently caress. Especially Exos.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Roctavian posted:

They proved this in like, a philosophy/ontology way, sure but there's gotta be some kind of HR standards among the vanguard

Guardian, come in and take a seat. I hear reports you have been talking to Shaxx about "'wanting to clap Amanda's cheeks."

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Kith posted:

could we maybe discuss something other than an npc's boobs please

I'm sure Saint-14 has a decent package.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Kith posted:

The Awoken came from a colony ship driving through a Black Hole, although they were "coded" to act how they did because the human version of Mara Sov went through the Black Hole first.

Mara Sov is kind of a loving monster that caused theoretically infinite suffering in a paradise world because she wanted to be the prettiest.

You can read all about it in Marasenna!

She succeeded in her goal. :colbert:

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Oxyclean posted:

99.9% chance there will not be a problem. I'm not gonna fault anyone who will not take that chance, because bungo, but like, testing for this scenario is absolutely something they will have done. I feel like whatever happened with artifice armor in the past was dumb, but far easier to argue as an edge case.

Lmfao good one. Great joke! Really made me laugh out loud!

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
lmfao no mention of a new PvP map in the patch notes? :allears:

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Imagine, in 2023, still playing PVP in Destiny 2 :lol:

I'm an embedded engineer, so I like to hurt myself.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

abraham linksys posted:

they already went over this on the big year ahead blog post

Pathetic and still angering.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

PathAsc posted:

Get hosed stay hosed bungie are you serious

Lmfao wtf? Why?!

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Majere posted:

In one of the vidocs, they said you get 3 charges already.

I want a fourth. :colbert:

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
I can't find it. Did they not fix the immune bug in PvP? :allears:

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

muike posted:

shift+esc

Alt + f4 works as well.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Destiny for new players is really easy to get into.

- See man? Shoot man
- Number go up!
- ORB

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

SgtSteel91 posted:

The gun is good

The triangle is evil

Except triangle guns, those are good.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

This is delightful! :allears:

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Sorry so far:

Orb makes us immortal and stays with us in Chile
Orb decides to run away
Orb can’t run away and turns out, it’s a giant gun.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Lib and let die posted:

They're gonna kill off Zavala because Lance finally got that iconic role he's been lobbying for and wants to devote all his performance energy to it

They kill off all the other characters and they come back voiced as Lance. Including Amanda. :colbert:

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

SUNKOS posted:

I like that video Lance posted ages back where he read a fan script in character as Zavala where he threatened Caiatl that he could have her killed the moment he tells our guardian she can he crafted into a hat.
Turn her into a gun.
Also guardians clapping rear end in the darkness for fun. He’s a treasure. :allears:
https://youtu.be/lsITdmEEinU

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Lib and let die posted:

Riddick seems like the kind of guy that performs out of a love of the game. He's got that Shaq syndrome where he just can't help but enjoy himself when he's performing. It owns.

He plays the game as well and mains Titan. He’s fantastic.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Sorry to break this to you, but Lance mains Warlock.

Oh? That’s somehow even better.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
A few streamers are in. And a few clan mates

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Are you picking up unstable energy again?
Uh… How often does that happen???
TOO OFTEN!

Got a good chuckle out of me.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Mazerunner posted:

mission 4: double tormenter in a tiny room, ow

Void hunter wins again. :smug:

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
The last boss fight was a cake walk with strand hunter + strand quicksilver. Shoot him for a few seconds and then dump 3 grenades into him while zooming around with your grapple. Rinse repeat.

Hell, none of the campaign was particularly difficult, even on legendary if you sat back and took your time.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
After finishing the campaign, side quests, collecting all strand aspects you can currently collect, and the weekly quests:

- Campaign was meh and more of a slog than difficult.
- The quicksilver storm is still very good for bosses and yellow bars.
- Osteo Striga still OP
- New slot system is very very good and a welcome change.
- Loadouts are awesome.
- how to unlock strand aspects is garbage and Grrindy bullshit.
- The new seasonal weapons aren’t particularly interesting and nothing jumped out at me.
- Strand is incredibly broken in PvP lmfao nobody play tested it.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Lmfao with grapple abuse trials is a big ol bag of nope for me dog.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Schneider Inside Her posted:

Maybe it's different in a fireteam but I just don't have the agility to outrun them for the 5 minutes it takes to whittle them down

Save LMG ammo for them and then it’s a 1 minute fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

abraham linksys posted:

is grapple abuse just getting up to weird places?

No. https://youtu.be/hOldSvbFRoU