Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
corcle good trongle bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Such a bitch move to have Horror’s Least only available in Nightfalls for 10 days and then vault it.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

In-game LFG coming at the same time as crota's end.. sounds like the timeline trying to correct itself

Wasn't it available for three seasons in a row? And won't you be able to Legacy focus it next season?

Okay, so my bad, it was introduced in Haunted not Plunder. But the first week it was available it was only up for two days and then Bungie pulled it and replaced it with Mindbender’s because there was some bug with it (I think it wasn’t dropping with alternate perk combos in columns three and four.) Then it had a single week each in Plunder and Seraph and now it’s going away, and you can legacy focus it, but not the adept version.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Compare that to "a city you've never heard of is harboring an artifact you've never heard of and needs to be rescued from the least popular enemy faction in the franchise"

I do agree somewhat with RocketRaygun in that we are running out of road to wrap up this conflict and now is probably not the time to be introducing new story elements. I am semi-intrigued by the idea of a civilization that had to survive the Collapse without the Light and thinks we’re a bunch of spoiled little bitches using it as a crutch, but I feel like that could wait until after The Final Shape and so far we’re not getting any of the gravity we could expect from a story named “Lightfall” for Pete’s sake.

I don’t know, maybe in two and a half weeks I’ll go gently caress myself, at the end of the day all I’m complaining about is “the marketing isn’t spooky enough” I guess.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
"Luke Smith wants an Avengers moment" is a sentence that gives me food poisoning

Anyways

https://twitter.com/joegoroth/status/1624788802853302272?s=20

Post-it note reads "Tomorrow (2/13) - 5,300 words - Lightfall and the year ahead"

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Aside from the Exotic Mission rotator, none of that really sounds that good to me? Making less weapons craftable and more reliant on RNG sounds really loving bad to me, a player who hasn't gotten a Subsistence/Frenzy Funnelweb even once since Witch Queen dropped.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Lib and let die posted:

still reading but

has me worried lmao for the love of god do not slide back to the warmind grind

Yeah that's the other thing, of all the complaints I have about Destiny right now "not enough to do" is not one of them.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

A Buffer Gay Dude posted:

Crafting is stupid as hell, they never should have added adept perks, and being able to only have one set of perks and barrels/mags on a crafted gun is insanely bad

Then the solution is to let players put two rows of perks on the gun, and I know they said that'll be really hard to do but that's not an excuse not to do it. At least with crafted weapons I feel like I'm always making progress, no matter how small, towards the actual gun I want instead of banging my head against the wall trying to get even just a 2/5 Adept Horror's Least and then failing before they vault it anyways.

^burtle posted:

Banshee just sold one

He sold one for 36 hours due to the inventory reset bug, 36 hours in which I could not play Destiny.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

arsenicCatnip posted:

I think the thing with WotM is less about it being possible and more about how many wholly original assets would have to be created. They've made it clear they aren't going back to SIVA as a plot point so stuff like Devil Splicers would presumably only be used for WotM.

VoG had a unique locale but could re-use a bunch of Vex enemies and assets, same with KF and the Dreadnought. I'm not sure if there's enough in D2 currently that could be recycled for WotM.

The leaker with a good track record said that Bungie has tried to bring back WotM multiple times but the held-object duping bug ruins the raid and that bug is so deep-seeded it's not worth the investment to fix, to them.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

SgtSteel91 posted:

It sounds like a side path for weapon crafting, instead of making guns from scratch you can take existing adept guns and give them enchanted perks

I mean yes but the RNG of even getting the two major perks you want on a gun is way worse than the Deepsight pattern grind and that's before you get into barrels, intrinsics, and masterworks.

RocketRaygun posted:

I'm not the biggest fan of them walking back weapon crafting. The new exotic was what I hoped they went the direction of... quests and content to unlock bits for weapon crafting. It would be cool if you had to like, do activities to get perks for your guns.

Yeah the other thing is this feels kinda sudden. We just went through adding crafting to DSC with the promise they'd do it to more raids later on, plus adding it to DoE. This is a total 180 from the direction they've been going for the past year over an issue I haven't really seen anyone in the fanbase complain about.

Pirate Jet fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Feb 13, 2023

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Seraph Shield was really cool once but wore out its welcome very quickly when they asked us to do it six weeks in a row.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
I'm so glad they're paring back on weapon crafting, that stuff ruins the high of getting a perfect roll.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUSyiacp46E

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
I haven't seen anyone post the weapon crafting article Bungie posted yesterday but there's some tidbits Joe didn't cover on Monday in it:

- Raid Adepts, when leveled up, will let you pick the barrel, intrinsic, and masterwork - so the only RNG is in the two major perks
- In future seasons they'll add a weapon mod that will let you spend "standard currencies" (I assume glimmer, legendary shards, etc.?) to level up a crafted weapon

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Joe specifically said they’d be dialing back on craftable weapons from “long-term sources.” Presumably that means anything they plan to keep in the game permanently as opposed to seasonal weapons. So if raid weapons are all staying craftable that leaves… just weapons you get from Neomuna? I don’t think Come to Pass and Pointed Inquiry are about to shred up the meta any time soon so I guess it’s not much of a loss?

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Bobby Deluxe posted:

It would be odd to move DMT back to presage, but I suppose odder things have happened.

Weapons team has strongly hinted that DMT and Hawkmoon will be craftable Exotics in the future, and I suspect the Exotic mission rotator will play into that.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

drat you've been saying that for two years and still aren't right?

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
I mean part of the reason why loadout sudoku sucks is the lack of a dedicated loadout system so I'm hoping Lightfall changes that, but I think increasing the difficulty on the lower end when we already have a ton of players who couldn't figure out Heist Battlegrounds is a terrible idea.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Gadzuko posted:

The Witness just being a guy when the traveler is a gigantic unfathomable orb is kind of unsatisfying to me. It can't really end up as Anime Eyes Guy vs. Giant Orb, can it?

The Traveler is the source of the Light but the Witness is not the source of or even an agent of the Darkness, they are someone else who has hijacked it for their own ends.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Hypnobeard posted:

The Witness is ...flexible with its height, right? I swear it's bounced up and down in the various videos/cutscenes.

The majority of shots we've seen in Lightfall trailers have had them at approximately the same size as Calus. People keep posting that one art book page but I feel like it's pretty clear either The Witness is changing shape in some way Oryx-style or that's some form of projection.

We also don't know how far away the Traveler is from the Witness in the screencaps of the Witness standing in front of it in the launch trailer.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

arsenicCatnip posted:

yeah, every time we've had something to reference against him like Calus or the Pyramids he's appeared to be gargantuan. I could see him just shrinking down when it's needed.

I really do not think so, I'm not trying to die on this hill or anything but we have more evidence of The Witness being regular-sized than a giant. Like I said, either the artbook page was them using a projection, or they're doing some Oryx-style size changing.

Even in this shot from the Game Awards trailer, if we assume the room they're in is similar to the size of a room in a pyramid ship like in Vow of the Disciple, they seem maybe ten feet tall or so at the most, ghost heads notwithstanding.

arsenicCatnip posted:

on a related note, wow, the shadowkeep ending cutscene does such a great job of foreshadowing the witness

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Azr1q414MGE

Yeah I watched the Shadowkeep ending on a whim in my Lightfall hype just yesterday and I noticed the fake-you puts their hands together in a triangle just like The Witness always does at the end.

Pirate Jet fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Feb 24, 2023

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Dogg they look the same size because one is far away

Calus is walking up to The Witness in each of those shots where they seem to be having a conversation. The only way that would work would be if some reason The Witness was standing a mile away from the broken-glass barrier while Calus was standing right next to it.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

Is it really too hard to believe that the witness is some formless entity, and is therefore using this shape as a form?
Meaning it can be whatever the gently caress size it needs to be, at any time?

That's exactly what I'm trying to say!

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
New leak says about Amanda she "dies" in the Lightfall intro cutscene but it's a fakeout and that shot of her firing a shotgun and then emerging from the dark is her "omg she's alive!" moment

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

haveblue posted:

I'm pretty sure we got the one now-official explanation for the Nine in season 6- they're an emergent consciousness sustained by the blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

Anyways yes they're not going to wrap up everything by the end of Final Shape and The Nine are really uninteresting and lead to some of the worst gobbeldygook writing we've seen (Season of the Drifter) so I'm very down for saving them for the second "saga" or just forgetting they exist entirely

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Golden age of space magic and we still couldn’t figure out traffic jams.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Jesus Christ Bungie release the expansion and save us from ourselves.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

neutral milf hotel posted:

Is it traditional that bungee has some sort of live event on the eve before a new expansion? I remember getting to explore the last city before Beyond Light went live

They only did it at the end of Season of the Worthy and Season of Arrivals and then never again. I can only conclude they must have decided it was a failed experiment. I do miss them though, they were cool.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

VanillaGorilla posted:

My recollection is that Witch Queen was mostly alright at launch? I have to work during the day but I distinctly remember playing it as soon as I got home that day and never really running into any problems.

Yeah Witch Queen actually had a really solid launch, I started it basically the minute of launch and only had to deal with a small login queue.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
lol if you didn't do the postmaster trick and therefore don't need to care about what the lost sector at launch is

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Nimbus is loving insufferable.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
So Arc Titan was nerfed at the end of Plunder, nerfed again halfway through Seraph, then they obliterated HOIL, and now buildcrafting doesn't even let you get extra grenade energy unless you're solar. Is this the most nerfed build of all time?

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
I wish one of these characters would tell me what the loving Veil is!

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

PathAsc posted:

Stasis is loving dead, which makes me sad. They nerfed reserves on aeger by way of reserve mods being poo poo. Triple stack and I can't get max ammo on it. Ammo finder seems like it got nerfed and orb generation is super slow too now it seems. I think I'm done playing for the day after 2 hours. Feels extremely bad to play, and not because of the power level deficit, I can deal with that it's nothing new. But goddamn it feels tedious to play. Probably go back to maining void since resilience is poo poo and ability regen is just awful. Power fantasy means fantasizing about power, who knew!

I understand year 5 was the year of power creep but this feels like they nerfed us all the way back to launch D2 levels.

Horizon Burning posted:

nimbus is loving awful.

It's honestly not even just the writing but it's also a terrible performance by the actor, and I know they can do better because they also voiced Alecto, Tisiphone, and Athena in Hades.

I am halfway through the campaign (assuming it's eight missions long like WQ?) and maybe this is a weird thing to get hung up on but I hate how everyone is talking about the Veil like we all know what that is and I have no clue what it is or why I should be protecting it. The expansion has only been out for seven hours but it's hard not to feel let down by it so far.

Pirate Jet fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Mar 1, 2023

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

MarcusSA posted:

So what are we changing the last city's name to then?

Oldmuna.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Has it ever been established where, geographically, The Last City is relative to irl society?

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Panderfringe posted:

kinda sounds like it's a shadowkeep-level trash campaign.

Simmer down you big baby.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
The clip of someone asking John Carpenter “what the hell happened with Escape From LA” except it’s me asking Joe Blackburn “Witch Queen was great what the hell happened with Lightfall”

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
So what’s the over/under the reason as to why they introduced Neomuna and Cloudstriders in the penultimate Destiny expansion and then didn’t elaborate on them at all being because they’re the focus of one of Bungie’s other in-development games

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
So how am I supposed to counter the Tormentor attack where they can ground pound you, send you flying fifty miles into a pit, and suppress you so you can't double jump back to ground?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

It's just a bad campaign/patrol zone. Neomuna and the Cloud Striders are irrelevant to the rest of Season 20, Year 6, and Destiny 2

The seasonal stuff is good if you like the typical seasonal offerings!

I mean I wouldn’t be nearly as upset by this expansion if they didn’t also completely tank build crafting and overall player strength so I could just go “man that new content sucks good thing I can just ignore it”

I've given up on even finishing the campaign, at this point I'm just waiting for the TWAB tomorrow with my arms crossed and my foot tapping muttering "you got a loooooooot of 'splaining to do, Bungie"

Pirate Jet fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Mar 2, 2023