Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Can't wait to get mad and uninstall 3 times again this coming year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Said gently caress it today and finally got it done. Still my favorite dungeon. Did Pit solo before, not flawless because the totem encounter killed me. Grasp is such a slog, not looking forward to it, saving it for last. Duality is doable and that Spire final boss might be a problem. Maybe will cook up a Grand Overture build for that.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Mazerunner posted:

important with Grasp is that getting 10 treasures refills your abilities- lets you use them for faster clears or for an emergency button.

congrats and good luck

The slog is the servitor encounter, the sparrow part, and the final bosses HP.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Kith posted:

this is like the sixth or seventh time since season of plunder launched that i've had the game just poo poo itself at random and require reinstallation. there doesn't appear to be any consistent reason for it, either - sometimes it's in the middle of a fight, sometimes it's running around an empty room. utterly baffling.

https://i.imgur.com/MMdgXS7.mp4

Kith posted:

been on this screen for the better part of an hour. very cool

i originally thought that but the past three times it's happened have been on a SSD that's less than two months old with a fresh install (since i did not trust simply moving the files)

Had this happen alot the past year too. Usually I just restarted the game and its fine. The last time I had to do that verification thing, didn't take an hour though. The game has a memory leak or something the longer you play.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

If there's a kinetic surge I'm gonna be happy.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Highest is Tapian at lvl 24 by a mile.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

It's gonna be child's play to stun champs, it won't be a problem unless you have a skill issue. No more double primary needed.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Champ discussions are weird because you can spend as much time as you like carefully wording why they aren't fun, are fundamentally a cockblock, force you to use specific guns in the game who's reward structure is 'give you loads of different guns,' and specific ones are even less fun than others (looking at you overload captains and shield servitors); and you still get a bunch of weird little guys coming out of the woodwork to go "ah no they're easy to deal with, you just need to [all the things you just said weren't fun]".

Nobody likes them but Bungie is doubling down on them so the crying isn't gonna change anything. And they made it so easy to handle them come Lightfall.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Un-sunsetting would make me uninstall forever and never look back.

These enemy changes are some real money paw poo poo. Make champs easier then put in a system where you still have to conform your load out because somebody at Bungie hates when you have control over your own build.

"Seasonally" rotating surges is loving crazy

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

syntaxfunction posted:

Double post because the more I read into the post the more I feel this is a far lesser issue than thought.

To account for Surges and Overcharges they have increased enemy health and ability to be staggered. How much, we don't know. Could be 5%, could be 100%, no idea.

With the way Surges have been specified to work they increase the elemental damage of the SURGIN element. So if we're rolling Strand (all season) and Void then we're getting +25% damage to abilities of that element as well as weapons of that element.

It seems a little restrictive, until you add in Overcharged weapons. These explicitly do NOT stack with SURGIN. Overcharged weapons also give +25% damage. Kinetics receive the boost if your subclass is a SURGIN one. But that doesn't mean that you need to be SURGIN to get the Kinetic boost. This is because they have specified Overcharged weapons come from Artifact Champ weapons and activity selection.

Given we get roughly 6 artifact weapon archetypes each season (and I expect that to continue) then at least six archetypes are going to receive +25% damage increases, regardless of Kinetic or Energy and regardless of the element type. And again, this doesn't stack when you're SURGIN, so you're getting the boost from being a champ weapon OR from SUGARIN.

And then there's activity weapons. It could be one archetype, or two (as Dares has sometimes), so we're probably getting at least one additional archetype that gets a big boost.

Between all these as far as weapons go it will probably be difficult to not get a 25% buff to all weapon damage. The real pain is whether you get the boost to your ability damage based on whether your subclass is SARGIN or not.

And until we know how much health they're giving the enemies we don't know if it's even an issue.

Overcomplicated for no reason.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

You need spike grenades in the second slot to do damage.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Making the game harder without adjusting rewards is gonna backfire. Not gonna make me do nu lake of shadows that's longer for another bad roll of a sidearm or a cloak drop.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Hackan Slash posted:

I don't know why people want the spike/explosive light combo so much. GL impact/blast damage ratio scales with blast radius, explosive light sets maximum blast radius, so spike do the minimum possible damage

You care more about the impact damage. Even with explosive light you still deal at least 7.5% more damage. Nothing else in that slot increases damage. It's not a big deal, use what you want. Just letting people know before they get yelled at for using proximity nades on a heavy by randoms.

syntaxfunction posted:

Y'all realise Surges are in the game, right now? Like, in Nightfalls even. Warden of Nothing has Acute Solar Burn as a modifier right now. Like, I'm looking right at Master and Grandmasters and they both have Acute Solar Burn. So in Nightfalls and Grandmasters get +25% to all Solar damage, including if they run Solar as their subclass.

Why have I never heard people complain about this and mention how this forces you to run solar in Nightfalls and Grandmasters? Grandmasters are already -25 delta so this means literally everyone runs Solar because why would you do 25% less damage right? Literally no one has run this Nightfall not as Solar, right?

That's limited to just those. These new changes impact the entire game.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

haveblue posted:

It's not so much about the difficulty as it is about the comms. Voice chat cannot be effectively policed to stop people from having a bad experience, there are too many intentional assholes, too many oblivious dipshits, and no way to automate discipline at scale. If there is voice chat, there must be someone with a kick button who can respond quickly, if only for the chilling social effect. Matchmade groups can't have a kick feature because there's no way to make that fair and untrollable. Therefore, matchmade groups cannot have voice.

Dungeons can be beaten without voice if everyone knows what they're doing, but three strangers learning a dungeon without voice, simultaneously, is not a reasonable ask and it would be irresponsible of Bungie to put a button in the director that dropped players into that situation. So dungeons cannot have automatic matchmaking

Same argument for raids, only more so, because you don't even have the option of skilled players going through the motions with no comms, most raid encounters cannot be done at all without callouts

What lol. Just mute them, the hell. There existed games other than Destiny that have the same problems and those games live just fine. This Chicken Little moaning about how bad in game matchmaking is crazy to me. Somehow LFG aka matchmaking with extra steps is so much better than just putting it in the game like everybody else does.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Huh? I've literally never heard of this line of thinking. Why would that be a worry? Is that some new buzzword I don't know? How dumb do people think the average player is in this game that they can't comprehend basic reward structure.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

RocketRaygun posted:

I don't think they could matchmake hard content like dungeons and raids. I was talking to a friend the other day who was dipping his toes back into Destiny, and talked about how he never would have figured out how to blow up the gunk in the Mars battleground after raising the towers if he wasn't shown how to do it. The game didn't explain anything, it just expected him to know. He was in a matchmade heist bg, and they all got stuck there for a bit.

Dungeons and Raids are that on steroids. The developers of this game trust you to figure it out, and if you can't, they trust other players to explain it to you. You have neither of those guaranteed in a matchmade raid or dungeon. You'd get so many people who either get carried or fail out... and a lot of people unhappy with either experience.

They could just explain the mechanics

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

HOIL is still useable easily, just not brain dead

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/Dysruptz/status/1630166528510287873?s=20

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Excited to see where my guardians rank is upon login.

MarcusSA posted:

My complaint with those pop ups is I couldn’t find them again because I clicked too fast and wanted to go back and read what it said.

They NEED an in-game news section badly. For updates and stuff like the popups and what is rank boosted this week.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Seems like you can't be higher than rank 6 upon login.

Pirate Jet posted:

I wish one of these characters would tell me what the loving Veil is!

It's a relic! That's all they said.

Reiterpallasch posted:

the problem is that matching color wells gave 10% ability charge to everything, while subclass doohickies recharge only one ability and orbs of power recharge jack poo poo. also, bountiful wells is RIP and everything is slot-locked anyway, so in the old system you could pop 5 wells out of a grenade kill or whatever and now you can't.

Orbs can recharge nades, melee, and all abilities now. Getting stupid uptime on solar abilities. Then class ability recharges them too.

RBX fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Feb 28, 2023

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

PathAsc posted:

Stasis is loving dead, which makes me sad. They nerfed reserves on aeger by way of reserve mods being poo poo. Triple stack and I can't get max ammo on it. Ammo finder seems like it got nerfed and orb generation is super slow too now it seems. I think I'm done playing for the day after 2 hours. Feels extremely bad to play, and not because of the power level deficit, I can deal with that it's nothing new. But goddamn it feels tedious to play. Probably go back to maining void since resilience is poo poo and ability regen is just awful. Power fantasy means fantasizing about power, who knew!

This is straight out untrue

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dA2GP-Xmbvg

Have fun.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

They lied, we're just as strong as before. Just die a lil easier with less resilience. I actually swapped my builds to go back into mobility instead of resilience because the builds are so fluid now.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

So you farm up your light level then.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Is there lore on why they're so tall and why his voice sounds horrible?

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Only forsaken was good pre witch queen so we've regressed.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Same

Spanish Manlove posted:

The incursion activity has the same problem I've had with similar activities in patrol zones (escalation protocol, altars of sorrow) where no one else shows up so I'm trying to complete the thing by myself.

I heard the matchmaking is broken and you might not ever get someone to join your instance.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpNIf32E4r8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLzvmenOAK0

They said strand was bad

RBX fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Mar 5, 2023

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Strand has easy reload skipping capabilities so it'll be used in raids alot too.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

This campaign has SO many more cheap deaths. This is what they think "hard" is? poo poo just spawning all around you or on top of you isn't "hard" or "fun". Have they not looked at the past 10 years of FPSs? Witch Queen was way better and more balanced. Why is this such a regression.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4OtONJlnQA

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Pirate Jet posted:

This is why I’ve been side-eyeing all the talk Blackburn had about “bringing challenge back to Destiny” and all the demands from hardcore players that the game needed to be more difficult - anything much more difficult than Witch Queen’s legendary campaign brings us to gameplay that isn’t a power fantasy and isn’t fun. The day Grandmasters go back to the day where basically the only way to beat them is three Titans with Ursa Furiosa is the day I stop playing them. Right now they’ve overcorrected and Neomuna sucks rear end to do activities in because all my weapons feel like pea shooters even though I’m 1780. It’s not that I don’t like hard games, it’s that this particular kind of game design sucks and feels bad once you start ratcheting up the difficulty. This isn’t a platformer with airtight controls, it’s a flying space wizard shooter.

I saw a dude fondly using rose tinted glasses for the days of D1 finding a hiding spot to plink at a boss for 10 minutes and I could never understand how that's fun.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VA6ZAFY9LV8

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I spent way too long on Neomuna looking for strand bonding sites and only got one to spawn in over two hours.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I swear I have to run 10 resilience at all times and it sucks.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Wasn't contest mode just to make sure nobody can out level the raid and make it fair for everybody? It's not really supposed to be the "hardest thing" in Destiny. That's Master/GM stuff.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

That leak is old and looks fake as hell anyway.

Blast Furnace and Kindled Orchid hasn't been power crept. And I grinded my rear end off for them for no reason in the end so they better not just bring them back up years after the damage is done. Just delete the sunset guns from the game and fully rip the band-aid off.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Love when I carry a team a new lights in dares only to get an ant eater right when the boss dies, get no loot or commendations. Especially after struggling to do one lost sector for almost an hour because somehow those are loving GM level now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I liked this season. Short, simple, to the point in all aspects. A+