Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aqua Dracula
Nov 2, 2012

RocketRaygun posted:

NEW FEATURES IN LIGHTFALL
In-game LFG System
Destiny 2 now has a modern Looking For Group system, so you can find groups to do the various non-matchmade activities. The Goon discords aren't going anywhere though!

This is not debuting with Lightfall, most likely not coming until season 22.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aqua Dracula
Nov 2, 2012

Panderfringe posted:

Why even advertise it if it isn't coming until 2024??

How is it that loving hard to make?? Why even bother of is at the end of Destinys life cycle. Jesus Christ

Season 22 will be this fall. They said they hope to have it launched along with whatever reprised raid is coming that season.

As for why its so hard to make, just take a look at this leaked budget:

Bungie posted:

Gambit $200
Server Stability $150
Eververse $800
Titan Melee Roaming Super $3,600
LFG$150
someone who is good at the game dev please help me budget this. my game is dying

Aqua Dracula fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Feb 10, 2023

Aqua Dracula
Nov 2, 2012

Roctavian posted:

wacky sword alert

It's the sword from goa with a different shader. From what they showed in addition to that the rest of the season of the defiance weapons are reskins of season of the lost gear.

Literally no new legendary weapon models coming with Lightfall lmao

Aqua Dracula
Nov 2, 2012
Anyone else struggling to come up with a viable general mod build? My old system was wells > elemental charge > HEF for most general content and the new system really has nothing that is generically useful in the same way. It also seems designed around both forcing you to masterwork armor and/or grind artifice armor (haven't unlocked the cheaper mods through the artifact yet, which might help.)

Aqua Dracula
Nov 2, 2012

arsenicCatnip posted:

The EV bright dust Calendar says that in week 6 and week 7 it's going to be selling ornaments for...Trust?

Trust is a gambit drop.

Aqua Dracula
Nov 2, 2012

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

The voice work IMHO is good. I know that's the primary area of criticism but I don't get it. Maybe I'm biased because I liked their work in hades tho

I am overall meh on the quality of the va but I do know that whatever the cyborg voice filter they put over them sounds loving awful.

Aqua Dracula
Nov 2, 2012

THE BIG DOG DADDY posted:

Really loving stupid that you only can use the grappling hook once per minute in PvE and also if you used it already you can't make use of the free anchors all over the place. Just make it so the anchors ALWAYS can be hooked and also make it so the hook recharges in like 10 seconds if you don't use it to attack anything.

If they don't want infinite grappling it should just have a 10 second cooldown (maybe slightly more in PvP, like 15 - 20 seconds) between use, and the grenade cooldown should be tied to the grapple melee ability instead, so you can still use grapple as a traversal tool but can't spam AOE damage.

The other thing that needs to be fixed is the triple melee charges for titan/warlock should have all charges filled by one melee cooldown, not each charge refill separately.

Aqua Dracula
Nov 2, 2012

DancingShade posted:

For a proper synthwave feel you need fast cars, cool leather jackets, excess macho, hot babes and a lot of synth. Bungie only managed the roads the cars might drive on, a vaguely poser jacket torso ornament for silver, no actual snyth and a bunch of original characters, please do not steal. All tied together with apparently zero direction which is the real killer.

It seems like they saw people's positive reaction to Splicer and decided to lean in to it without any idea how to actually do so. Take the Moon weapon reskins that they used as the Neomuna weapons - they just added some fluorescent swirlies on them, they don't look cyberpunk at all, I can think of about a dozen things they could have done that would have been the same amount of work but actually fit the theme.

Aqua Dracula
Nov 2, 2012

Bleck posted:

Playing through Lightfall campaign now, finally, on Legendary difficulty, and I'm not enjoying it quite as much so far as I did Witch Queen.

Bleck posted:

It's also frustrating that it seems to be built with the expectation that you're going to be using the grapple to get around, but now I'm three or four missions into the story and I'm still not allowed to actually use that class?

For me, one of the best parts of Witch Queen campaign was getting the void subclass rework simultaneously and using it throughout the whole campaign to learn how to use it properly in challenging content. They should have just given you Strand from the rip and let you actually learn it over time yourself instead of the stupid Osiris yells at you for two minutes segments.

Aqua Dracula
Nov 2, 2012
Tried using the god mode cheese on the weekly story mission and ground it out to the end only to have the part where the room...zooms? (never could really tell what was supposed to be happening there) bug out and stick me in the ceiling with no way to get out

fun

Aqua Dracula
Nov 2, 2012
So are they not doing any kind of goofy rear end weighting/score manipulation with GG this year? Just whatever class has the most medallions wins?

Aqua Dracula
Nov 2, 2012
I play Titan and my teams have gotten completely decimated in almost every single Supremacy match I've played.

Aqua Dracula
Nov 2, 2012

Shockeh posted:

I wish we were exposed to more evidential data than those stupid banners, but here we are.

The banners have absolutely no relation to class performance in Supremacy.

Aqua Dracula
Nov 2, 2012

Spanish Manlove posted:

I just figured there wasn't a right side of the gun, like how you can see your own legs but the model only exists below the waist

If you have the D2 app you can bring up any item as well as your guardian and inspect it in full 3D. Shaders don't work though.

Aqua Dracula
Nov 2, 2012
Just make a seasonal activity where you have 3-4 maps and Shaxx makes us clear enemies from them and set a community goal to clear them like 700 million times or something before they unlock in crucible. There I've just monetized crucible maps and driven your highest engagement seasonal activity ever.

Aqua Dracula
Nov 2, 2012
poo poo they're right making pvp maps is too hard

Aqua Dracula
Nov 2, 2012
Where's the free armor ornaments Joe.

Aqua Dracula
Nov 2, 2012

Kith posted:

hey guys remember wormgods? haha yeah

They really need to lengthen wormgod's buff, I found it hard to have it still up and proc'd by the time I punched my way through thralls (where the buff doesn't matter) to get to yellow bars. Considering it barely gives more juice than synthos at this point its absurd how much harder it is to use. Echoing the Banner of War love though, nice for the melee class to actually get a viable endgame-level melee build.

Aqua Dracula
Nov 2, 2012
Even with the changes to bubble it is still absolutely the meta in Fortress. Paired with ACD0 it is so satisfying to watch the enemy team line up to rush in to their doom. I consistently top the leaderboard and win almost every game just because no one plays the objective. It is baffling. I get that slaying out is all most crucible players want to do but considering how vastly different the rep for wins vs losses is I don't get why people don't...try? At all. To win.

Also, a waveframe gl can one-shot the two weaker turrets that drop if placed right.

Aqua Dracula
Nov 2, 2012
Extremely funny to me that after years of begging Bungie to focus on PvP, when given their shot the community just begs for a nerf to a single exotic.

Aqua Dracula
Nov 2, 2012

sunday at work posted:

Echoes episode speculation. That could be a Psion, not a Vex, in the teaser art and the red color represents the third Darkness subclass. The third Darkness subclass is psionic based: Darkness = consciousness made manifest = Psionic powers.

The red theming of this episode does seem very close to the "leaked" third darkness subclass colors, and there really is no other analogue to this color in the game thematically other than SIVA, which short of a new subclass is probably their second biggest hook to get people to buy into the new episodic model after TFS. But I am guessing the new subclass is in this episode in order to sell it better.

Also given Bungie's insistence on a new subclass not making sense during TFS since we are in the traveler and imbued with light, a new subclass not based on light or dark makes even more sense if we have concluded the "light and darkness saga" by making the traveler and witness kiss or whatever.

Truly wild speculation: we lose all current subclasses after TFS and ONLY have the red subclass in echoes.

Aqua Dracula fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Sep 29, 2023

Aqua Dracula
Nov 2, 2012
Next season is supposed to be more heavily related to the core playlists than the normal seasonal activities/story so I wouldn't count on anything major being brought back.

Aqua Dracula
Nov 2, 2012
Y'all should have been buying those event cards.

Aqua Dracula
Nov 2, 2012
Destiny 2 Lightfall: Please don't stop making this game.

Aqua Dracula
Nov 2, 2012
Season of the Whiff

Aqua Dracula
Nov 2, 2012
The big conclusion to last season was finding an uncorrupted egg, but now this season we have to find more eggs (the egg we found being unmentioned unless I missed it) and we have to use Riven's ghost? I thought we were going to hatch the new egg?

Aqua Dracula
Nov 2, 2012

Oxyclean posted:

I know there was no promises of added content for the exotic mission rotator this year, but even just unvaulting one mission for it would have been a good way to pace some new conent.

The new exotic bow seems like it will have a Seraph Shield style mission associated with it coming out in December.

Aqua Dracula
Nov 2, 2012

Lord Packinham posted:

Oh man, Blind Well is miserable, they didn’t update the event at all except the loot. There aren’t nearly enough enemies and it takes so long. What a miserable event, having to do this every week is going to make me quit.

Do we know for a fact we have to do it every week or was it just part of the initial seasonal quest? I am assuming they just wanted everyone who doesn't read through all Bungie posts to realize it has refreshed loot.

Aqua Dracula
Nov 2, 2012

Truspeaker posted:

Why can't you save a set of armor without also attaching it to specific guns? I got a LOT more guns than sets of armor.

syntaxfunction posted:

I also wish there was an option to save loadouts without weapons, because sometimes I would like to just have everything but the weapons cause I am just loving around with various things.

Create a loadout with some random guns then delete them, the loadout will still work but won't change your weapons.

Aqua Dracula
Nov 2, 2012
I've found Riven's Lair (not Coil) gives out way more Undying weapons than seasonal ones but ymmv

Aqua Dracula
Nov 2, 2012

Kith posted:

im going to be honest with you. i dont roll devour. and i refuse to. it's warlock nerd poo poo

The rework for Mask of the Quiet One should have it grant devour on kills at low health.

Aqua Dracula
Nov 2, 2012
Takes on how to fix Lightfall are thoroughly redundant by now but the Into the Light reveal has made me come up with one major change that could have avoided all of the past year's story issues: The destination should have been the Last City instead of Neomuna. Almost nothing else about the story would need to change other than replacing the Cloudstriders with guardians (I've heard it suggested for Zavala/Crow to replace Rohan/Nimbus, which is fine, but any guardians would do.) Even the veil plot could stay largely unchanged, but the mystery about it would actually matter since it hiding beneath the last city and no one knowing about it would make sense, and be a twist on why the Traveler came to Earth and that specific spot in the first place. Fighting Calus and the Witness on Earth, seeing humans and fallen fleeing and hiding, the skybox for the tower showing the city under siege - all would go a long way to making the witness' impact more visceral and defeating them more personal.

Which brings me to the other major change they should have made with Lightfall - update Crucible from guardian training to fighting guardians that are aligned to the Witness. Instead of Red/Blue teams they are literally dark/light (player character team always light). Literally some new Shaxx voicelines and UI changes and the story impact is now felt across the entire game. Once we kill the Witness in the raid Crucible goes back to normal.

It really is mindboggling how misconceived Lightfall's story was even at the most basic level.

Aqua Dracula fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Apr 1, 2024

Aqua Dracula
Nov 2, 2012

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Destiny is T for Teen, they can't have human enemies or have human NPCs in combat areas. This is part of why the Neomuna people were uploaded to the cloud for the day we were there

Not doubting the truth of this but do you have any quotes about this? I would like to see it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aqua Dracula
Nov 2, 2012

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Hmmm y'know, Prism actually seems very reasonably balanced. They were cautious in picking what Aspects and Abilities to put in the pot; not the weakest and not the strongest.

It seems designed around having a double-exotic ability class item in order to hit parity with the current subclasses.

Unless there is an exotic class item that goes super hard I am struggling to see what a Prismatic Titan build could do better than Strand or Solar in difficult content.