Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side
https://beta.elevenlabs.io/

It's prompt based, not "source voice" based. While this sort of thing has been out before, you could always tell it wasn't real due to certain anomalies, the main one being a "fuzz" like sound occasionally in some of the vowels.

Elevenlabs has done away with this. Given enough source material, it sounds near (in some cases 100%) indistinguishable from the actual person it's copying, which takes this into dystopian / disturbing territory. I feel it's only a matter of time before this poo poo either gets regulated, or someone being copied sues them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17_xLsqny9E

First part is actual Leonardo, everything else is Elevenlabs.

I'm not sure if it's filtered yet, but if it is, at one point it wasn't, as there are already videos out there of certain celebrities (including Biden) giving racist and/or transphobic rants that sound 100% real. Don't ask me to link to them, they are bad.

(I have not signed up for it yet.)

If you want to hear something bad using this thing, try this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0MD_JxOkbw

For something good, I would like to see it used as a "phase 2" kind of thing on this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfQ0og_x9OI

This below also turned out very well, and would be great to hear with some Harrison vocal cloning:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bC3uH4Xw4Xo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Beta. :downs:

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

You're not ken ten but you got clam to be the first response.. do you think that might mean anything?

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Wendigee posted:

You're not ken ten but you got clam to be the first response.. do you think that might mean anything?

BETA HAHAHAHAHA! :nono:

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Cat fishing just leveled up.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Posted in TFF:

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

https://sndup.net/nmgn/

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Do any of these companies actually consider the practical applications of their insane conman software

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
I was more excited when I thought it was volcel cloning.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

free hubcaps posted:

Do any of these companies actually consider the practical applications of their insane conman software

nah

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

free hubcaps posted:

I think they mostly take the view that "well if we didn't do it somebody else would" (which is true) and based on that "so we might as well be the ones to do it and make money off it" (which is ethically bankrupt)

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

free hubcaps posted:

Politically speaking this stuff is a potential goldmine for bad actors. So I imagine there's at least a bit of a market there to incentivize not giving a poo poo. The whole thing is providing a lot of laughs at the absurdism of it at the moment, but I guarantee you the Republicans are going to use deepfakes to try and steal the election out from under the country by faking voice reports on something come one of the next major elections. It's just too new and unknown by most folks for them not to do it. Especially groups like Veritas, which this is basically the holy grail for justifying the Republicans targeting social services, minorities, or opposition.

Hell, just imagine what they could do with supplementing their never ending claims of the Democratics being the real scandalous party.

And that's setting aside the sort of poo poo authoritarian regimes could justify by deep faking someone's voice, using it to lock them up or kill them, and then just insist that no it's real we were justified for _____ when they get caught in a month or two to muddy the waters. Or just interfering with other countries via false "evidence".

Just the fact that 4chan is eating this poo poo up at the moment and using it to make deepfakes of celebrities spouting off racism and transphobia ought to raise concern about where it's probably going to go.

But caring about what it'll be used for? That doesn't make money. You'll hear a lot of stuff about "ai ethics" and the like from similarly sleazy groups like OpenAI that put on a wholesome front at first glance. But that goes right out the window when enough money gets involved and you take a closer look at the finer aspects of how they operate. Especially if they can steal some art or something to use for their generation process rather than paying the likely exorbitant fees associated with paying all the artists to get enough of a curated database of art to produce accurate results that look original.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Feb 12, 2023

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

My biggest hope is that videogames will let you customize your name again, so I can hear all the characters call my guy Panty Troogins.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
I want chatgpt to write me a story where Seinfeld and the gang go to a Hawaiian luau and enjoy a delicious suckling pig, and only after they've eaten the entire thing do they realize it was not a suckling pig at all, but an ancient Egyptian mummy, and they aren't even at a luau, they're at a history museum.

Will this amazing AI technology help me with that? Cause that's the true pinnacle of AI.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Came in hoping to clone Mt St. Helens before it erupted but it's vocal cloning...

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Nigmaetcetera posted:

I want chatgpt to write me a story where Seinfeld and the gang go to a Hawaiian luau and enjoy a delicious suckling pig, and only after they've eaten the entire thing do they realize it was not a suckling pig at all, but an ancient Egyptian mummy, and they aren't even at a luau, they're at a history museum.

Will this amazing AI technology help me with that? Cause that's the true pinnacle of AI.

Change Egyptian mummy to Puddy and I'll greenlight it

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

zedprime posted:

I was more excited when I thought it was volcel cloning.

Why'd you want more of those

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

https://i.imgur.com/Ze2YHXj.mp4

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Lmao

Scornful Sexbot
Sep 24, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
are there any good vocal cloning AIs that aren't monetized yet? this one is kind of lame now that they figured out they can charge for it

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow
Who’s gonna make new Alpha Centauri quotes?

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump
It's giving me a blank page now. Did we break it?

dsf
Jul 1, 2004

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

It's giving me a blank page now. Did we break it?

https://sndup.net/nmcy/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009