Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I am excited to watch another trrrible Thing sequel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Len posted:

Isn't it the first sequel that isn't a comic book or video game?

Interesting! Let’s go talk about this more in the supply room!

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Why did the doctor break cover on the helicopter in the prequel again? It was almost out

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

:chloe:

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

It’s too bad Shia burned things by crapping on the last movie, Mutt should have been a character they kept around

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

The right really wants GWGB to be a thing

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Hey what happened with the latest Guy Ritchie movie with Stratham? Jason is doing his thing but I found that it had a really weird feeling and didn’t finish it, it’s like it was done by a film student trying to imitate Guy Ritchie

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I’d watch one where the leprechaun found a group of teens and taught them the importance of friendship and community service

Then they get killed in the next one by the teal leprechaun

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

The End of the Rainbow

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Some goon was bartending when Predators came out and served Adrien Brody. He asked him how he got so fit for the role and Brody just said “Steroids.” Lol

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I watched World War Z almost a decade after first watching it originally and it was still pretty bad. I read the novel yesterday and sort of wish it was a limited series.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Beachcomber posted:

There's a short story I can never remember the name of where, like Return of the Living Dead, zombies can't be killed by any means, so they build giant blenders in quarry pits and toss them all in there where they are slowly ground into slurry.

Later it's shown that the people who do the zombie capture are becoming kind of zombie-like.

If you think of the name pm me!

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

That commercial had a really early 2000’s FEATURES vibe to it

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Just found out about what has come to light about Cary Fukunaga, whose work I have really enjoyed and whose Masters of the Air I’ve been looking forward to, and holy poo poo :stare:

His lawyer is getting a lot of hours out of responding to journalists

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Yeah, it was, but I assumed that was Pizzolatto being petty about Cary getting all the credit. I guess people he’s worked with say, aside from him being a huge creep, he’s a massive rear end in a top hat to staff and only treats the actors well

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Marley and Me is a surprisingly good movie. My wife and I watched it randomly and I had to leave the room to cry in the kitchen lol

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

That’s good!

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Barbie is also driving idiots crazy and all their whining makes it sound good

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

It’s actually impressive how they shopped that turd of a movie around for years and landed on the Right Wing grift angle and made it a hit

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I thought TJ Miller’s career was dead

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

ruddiger posted:

It is?

It is?!

I mean, something that would have been straight to dvd years ago/ New Release (on Tubi or Roku channels) has people buying out theatres that sit empty while the movie plays, so that’s pretty (dumb) impressive imo

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Alan Smithee posted:

my movies would beat Avatar if they were astroturfed by churchies

It wasn’t even meant for chuds originally, it’s just being hyped up for them. A lot of them are mad because they (accurately) feel they’ve been scammed because they don’t see Hillary and Pelosi drinking the adrenochrome at the Dem convention

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I watched Atomic Blonde while Warhammering today and now I really want to rewatch Stalker

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

The last time this happened wasn’t the guy doing chargebacks on his cc and it made Lowtax really mad?

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Wind River was a surprisingly nice movie I found while browsing but I don’t know how a sequel would work, plus True Detective S4 sounds like it’s going to have a similar vibe.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Yeah it was bad

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

hallo spacedog posted:

I once heard a possibly apocryphal story that Rambo's name/title comes from the Japanese word 乱暴 (ranbou) meaning violence.

No, I read recently where it came from but forget, but it was something simpler than that. “Saw a name, liked it” kind of stuff.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I rewatched Sicario after talking about it and had a blast. Denis makes such good movies.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Gray Man is the worst movies I’ve seen in the last few years, incredible given the talent.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

That movie looks dumb fun and pretty, going to watch

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Dumb

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Yeah that looks like a Netflix show

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Rome was great and was stabbed in the back with its cancellation. I should rewatch it! I found Spartacus to be a Great Value version riding in on 300 momentum.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Good for him- he acted his heart out in that series and even did well with the accelerated ending timeline. Golden Age HBO was so good, but they did seem to not let their shows breath sometimes.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I have to admit that I will probably watch that

Has Mel Gibson been doing some work rehabilitating his career?

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

That’s too bad- I thought Dragged Across the Concrete had some really great (and also very haunting) scenes, and enjoyed it as a “not quite there but has potential” film.

Sucks the guy is a shithead.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Was he the Nazi saluting one?

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Lol

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

The book Jakob the Liar is based on is written by a Holocaust survivor and is quite good. The movie is pretty lousy and I'm usually ride or die with dramatic Robin Williams roles.

I watched Insomnia again recently and loved it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Behind the Bastards did a couple episodes on the Sound of Freedom guy and there were red flags everywhere