Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Hellboy is the most boring part of the Hellboy comics. What they need to do is make a BPRD TV series, because that's where all the actually interesting characters were.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Figure out how to adapt Planescape Torment and then do that.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

What if, when Frodo first puts on the ring, he quips, "So that just happened!"

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5urkfdMUXo

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

A Ridley Scott historical epic, you say...?

...on Apple TV!?

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Dwayne Johnson is pretty disappointing since I was legit happy and eager to see him in movies not made for children, like The Rundown and Fast Five. And then at some point he decided to just be Dwayne Johnson™, like he's preparing to be easily turned into an AI actor or something.

Basically the same career trajectory as Ryan Reynolds, really.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Grendels Dad posted:

Can't wait for the completion of the trilogy:

vs

x

/

It'll be Godzilla ^ Kong.

I'm bummed that these movies are dull and bad outside of the kaiju fights, though. I'm not asking for much, but what they offer is still disappointing.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Here's hoping that this time, Bill Skarsgard's character will live to see the end of the movie.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

The Barbie trailer showed a scene about people beaching each other off. I'm not too surprised that even the faintest hint of sexual innuendo would give it a PG13.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

I AM GRANDO posted:

he was a fun guy who should have been able to enjoy himself.

Like by being so homophobic he drove the blue ranger into depression?

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Vandar posted:

I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that was people playing a game of telephone with the actual story.

IIRC it was the production crew that was homophobic towards David Yost, not JDF.

Well drat, apologies to JDF then and shame on me for not googling first.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

well why not posted:

Hunt's obsession with no one dying is very funny in light of the bodycounts in MI2/3 and what's revealed in Ghost Protocol.

It took me until this post to wonder why they had to invent a random backstory in Dead Reckoning when his entire team dies in MI1.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

WB seems like it's pulling Unity levels of self sabotage. I just wish it wasn't taking down hbo max in the process.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

Oh I was more alluding to how taika having an incoming bomb doesn’t speak well to his chances of continuing to have a star wars movie on his plate, given licasfilm’s previous history

I think Book of Henry was a real once in a lifetime bomb.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Alan Smithee posted:

Fuckin hell shut all reality tv down

Is The Rehearsal reality TV? If so, save that one.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Saying "It's just a prank, bro! It's just a prank!" as Smaug incinerates them all in draconic fire. That's what happens next right?

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

I'm hoping the 4 hour cut is as big a jump in quality as the extended cut of Kingdom of Heaven.

I also hope it comes out on a 4k disc instead of being lost forever on apple+.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Are we still getting Beyond the Spiderverse this year?

Does that mean that there are potentially 4 Spider Man adjacent movies coming out this year???

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

FlamingLiberal posted:

We get two of these this year....Kraven comes out in like August or Sept

We get 3 because Venom 3 is also coming out this year iirc.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

What if Madame Web was also a musical that marketing was ashamed of being a musical?

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

I think the only other time I've seen Dakota Johnson is in Peanut Butter Falcon, but is she always this low energy or is it just her really not wanting to do/promote this movie?

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Professor Shark posted:

Isn’t that what got Shia Labeouf in poo poo?

Fairly certain it was the abuse and general behavior.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

muscles like this! posted:

The Dark Universe is back baby*

*as an area in Universal Studios Florida.

Leigh Whannell, who directed the better than expected Invisible Man, is also directing a Wolf Man film.

You can probably cobble together a fake Dark Universe's worth of films since the Dark Universe itself was announced.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Grendels Dad posted:

That show felt like suspect #1 of poo poo people think of when they think of Tim Burton but actually it was some other guy.

There's no way this will ever not be Nightmare Before Christmas.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

I hope this greatly dissuades people from working with WB.

https://www.cbr.com/coyote-vs-acme-unfortunate-update/

I also hope some hero leaks it before it gets deleted forever.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

What if Wicked Part 2 is just a stealth remake of The Wizard of Oz?

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1760455935237980445?t=-pUiNMCJFQS0iuObnjGixw&s=19
Really surprised this is finally coming out after all the false starts and resets.

There's the meme of Sean Bean always dying in his movies but Bill Skarsgard has a really high fatality rate in his films too. At least he comes back to life in The Crow?

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Remember when the Razzies

No.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

IShallRiseAgain posted:

I think AI will have a lot of cool uses in the future, but it is not ready for production stuff yet.

I disagree, it's ready to take work away from people and further the goals of capitalism. The goal of LLMs was never to make great art.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

The True Detective thing was especially stupid because like, they could have just gotten a KISS poster? I had forgotten about it until I watched the season (it was fine except the ending), but those posters stuck out like a sore thumb in that scene. Real distracting.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

God that crash dieting cannot be healthy for him. Hell, I hope those body shots are mostly cg, just for the sake of his health.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

The soundtrack will be "Oops all pedophiles" to maintain the style established in the first film.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

I enjoyed Hateful Eight but it also just made me want to watch The Thing again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

I'd like to see Superman leisurely do a Mr Rogers style dressing up scene as the world burns around him and millions of people die via space laser.

The super hearing picks up all the screams of anguish, but gotta make sure the fit is nice and tight.