Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

big nipples big life posted:

burn down the applebee's

:hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

big nipples big life posted:

It sucks because I really like travis so I'm torn, I'm glad he's in the race but gently caress the i heart school shooters car forever.

He’s got that sponsor on his Subaru video car, the old 1980s car they built up into a weapon for his version of Gymkhana. Definitely deflates any positives you might have.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

OMGVBFLOL posted:

i'm still pissed about riverside being gone, i hope we dont lose fontana too

It’s not looking great. At the least, the track that hosted the fastest closed-course competition lap is now done, we’ll see if the short track turns out.

Ungratek posted:

6 is too many especially with the new car racing like garbage on them

Road courses for the right turn god :unsmigghh:

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

camoseven posted:

Josh Berry can't turn right??

Not as well as Jordan Taylor can

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Peanut President posted:

yeah you can cut the track at phoenix. it's only the super speedways (Daytona, Talladega) where track limits are enforced. They actually paved the dogleg here because dipshits would cut the corner, crash, then bitch to the media about it.

edit: you wanna see real fun watch Watkins Glen, they go all the way to the wall in turn 1

Do they still go super wide for the NASCAR cutoff corner at Sears Point too? Can’t imagine that’s changed anytime recently.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

I might watch the highlights or the re-run of the race up once it’s on YouTube, both because it’s Darlington and for the ‘throwback’ liveries - some stretch the definition but I spent time yesterday wondering if I should try and pre-order a 1/64 of Suarez’s Quaker State ride.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

bring back the cup car next year as a gt3 entry

Homologate it as a Camaro GT3, sell to customers :sickos:

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

marshalljim posted:

Exhibition. They went back and forth with the ACO about performance and other issues throughout the development process.

the absolute best note is the ACO wanted them to keep using the floor jack for pit stops -- they didn't use the gas cans, probably too dangerous and you want to standardize the fueling with what's there for everyone else anyways, but they didn't add air jacks in to the Camaro (aka the NASCHONK per the Discord during the race) because the organizers said "no, we like your quaint old way of doing things." :sickos:

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Douchebag posted:

why not just loving use Long Beach and keep the Chicagoland oval which isn’t terrible?

you'd have to move series off of the Long Beach weekend to add anything else, between IndyCar, IMSA (which runs Saturday for like 100 minutes, it's not a long race), the supports for both, the historics, the jumpy trucks, the drifting (if that's still on the same weekend?)...literally no space for anything else.

did the IMSA Dentist race get off without a hitch? because that's probably going to be more carnage than either Cup or Grand National series race.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Scott McLaughlin literally live tweeting “SVG can win this,” which, he would definitely know from experience.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

It was a fun race. But future races if they happen will probably be lovely like everyone expected. Lots of stuff lined up to make it a fun race. From the wet track to the tire barriers that eat cars, it's a perfect mix for a fun race.

Also cool that a 1st timer won the race. Nascar should say gently caress the rules and give him a spot in the playoffs.

I don't think SVG could even take a spot in the playoffs up this year, his day job is still running at that time and in the thick of their own run-in (including Bathurst).

also I think the tire walls would've been there and made for some fun chaos regardless, it's just with the rain it meant everyone had to work a lot harder on the loud pedal to keep from breaking traction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Pinecone Sample posted:

The back page of the newspaper tomorrow will say that Michael McDowell was taking it to the streets

:dadjoke: appreciate this right here