Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

CBJSprague24 posted:

Good, I'm glad the days of hastily called yellows that don't necessarily need to be are back. :thumbsup:

Pretty comical throwing the caution for an incident that happened many times during the race... Obviously a caution for a GWC finish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Chase Elliott going to have the points advantage throughout the playoffs because he broke his leg and missed the first half of the season :lol:

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Nascar was looking all over the track, hoping to see 1 piece of debris for the GWC.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Virgil Vox posted:

I guess pit road is active track but that's a sucky caution

I dunno, I think it was insane they waited that long to even throw the caution. Truck was so far off the pace going down the backstretch, quite a lot of dangerous outcomes to that if someone else got in a wreck.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Fat white dude's is Nascar's core demographic?

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Streaming, but nothing but side by side ads.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I mean they can't get less viewers putting it on a streaming platform... maybe they won't need to run ads for 50% of the green flag laps? Well they won't need too, but they will anyways.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

iospace posted:

Yeah, and with 12 more cars, that track gets a bit more packed.

Also adding the backmarker cars that couldn't win a race last year would give more traffic for the leaders to fight through.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

It was pretty much the same move Bubba did, and just as dangerous so 1 week off seems like a fair penalty.

Bubba had to go farther down the track to hook Larson, but Vegas is a wider track, especially in the dogleg.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Judge Schnoopy posted:

I have a hard time understanding why cautions take so many laps. 5 laps under caution for a spinout that doesn't hit the wall feels excessively slow.

Because teams want the option to pit under the caution laps and it takes time for Nascar to make sure everyone is in the correct order before going green again.

The real problem is that Nascar throws the caution as soon as someone starts to spin, but they don't hit anything or anyone and get moving again and there was no need to throw the caution.

Pretty much all motorsports though have cautions that are excessively long.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Yea more than likely there will be some drama early on. But they will spread out and just be running laps without much incidents. Although on the flip side, it seems there's a pretty decent chance the Xfinity race will also be raining. Although maybe storms so they will do a lightning delay and not have full chaos.

Also $300 for the shittiest tickets? Who the gently caress is going to do that over just watching it on TV? Only the rich fucks that don't give a gently caress about Nascar and just there cause it's something to do.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

It was a fun race. But future races if they happen will probably be lovely like everyone expected. Lots of stuff lined up to make it a fun race. From the wet track to the tire barriers that eat cars, it's a perfect mix for a fun race.

Also cool that a 1st timer won the race. Nascar should say gently caress the rules and give him a spot in the playoffs.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

It is quite shocking.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Howard The Dork posted:

SRX was pretty rad, but once again the weather this year brought an early end to what was shaping up to be a really fun race.

SRX is always fun. Weather also is giving us a 2nd race at Stafford this week.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I finally watched it. The 1 wreck probably not suspension worthy. But Tracy is clearly a menace out there week after week.

Pretty funny though, early in the broadcast they talk him up with losing 50lb to be competitive in SRX, but then maybe it's his last race in the series anyway.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

SRX without Paul Tracy... 0 incident cautions all night.

Also Kyle Busch, 2 SRX starts, 2 SRX wins.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Howard The Dork posted:

SRX in the dirt tonight at Eldora. Should be rad.

Half the field out in heat 1... :lol:

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Sad that SRX is over again for another year. Every year it's been great.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

algebra testes posted:

I still had fun watching it. Mainly because it's my identity to prefer no stage cautions and the package itself is good on road courses, it's just the fastest car was at the front and pulled away.

Yea I don't know about the package being good. There has been very little passing both this week and at Indy RC. It's like an F1 race where the only drama is on pit road.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

SylvainMustach posted:

Thank you! Already giving Door Bumper Clear a shot so I'll sub to the others mentioned too.

Shame NASCAR doesn't seem too easy to stream. Thinking maybe I'll try to find a bar that shows the races (might be tough, living in Philly).

There's plenty of questionable websites that stream Nascar and other racing and sporting events. Also a bonus if you can find an international stream of a Nascar race, instead of the 1,000 ads during a race, you get to watch the race without hearing the commentators as they don't talk during the US commercial breaks.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

kidcoelacanth posted:

brutal that wallace couldn't hold onto that. lol larson tho

At least Byron won instead of one of the bottom drivers that Bubba is competing against to get in the round of 8. Bubba just got to win at Talladega again, maybe with another rain checkered flag.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

tater_salad posted:

Did you win a Daytona 500?

Then shut your mouth

I've never been the president but I can tell you many presidents are idiots.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Now Bubba gotta have a good Roval race and also probably hope none of the other bottom 5 win the race...

Secretly hoping Bubba manages to win the championship without winning a race to just piss off all the nascar fans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Nit Wit Dog poo poo posted:

Truex advances by the skin of his teeth. Nice.

There's 2 more races before the round of 4 cutoff :D