Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

Do It For Dale you little shits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

He ran K&N regional races, random truck races, and eventually I think maybe 2013 a full Xfinity season. As freakishly naturally talented as he is he has definitely struggled with stock cars. He always showed up for the fans though, generally ended up in the stands signing shirts and stuff if/when he wrecked. I think he had a fuckin' rad livery as well but not sure.

Looking forward to either him or Jimmie causing a big mess.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

I just want to point out that somehow NASCAR allowed 2 Bears 1 Cave to film a show officially at the track last weekend and :lol:.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

Arguably one of the funniest Door, Bumper, Clear episodes yet this week.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

How did Nascar agree to sponsor 2 Bears 1 Cave? Like who really missed that memo and thought HEY SURE fat white dudes on a podcast? Kreischer is a loving train wreck and Segura is just barely a human being. It is incredible.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

bigbillystyle posted:

Especially when last year's fall race was actually a good race and the collective of fans was basically like after that how could you put dirt back on this track? NASCAR or somebody within must own a Tennessee clay quarry or someshit. I think my favorite part of the race was Bowyer being like, big thank you to the track crew for giving us such a great racing surface while Fox showed closeups of the giant holes in turn 3 all night.

Isn't most of the dirt reused? I feel like I read that somewhere. Either way, Bristol has sucked balls for a while.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

I can't stop laughing at Gragson's new haircut.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

Shout out to Spinnaker Gulliver being brought up on Door, Bumper, Clear this week.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

The truck race was fun, Cup stuff felt more like a test session than anything but ultimately it was a cool day of racing to see for a lot of different reasons. Unique track, unique time frame, neat to see them messing around with wet tires. They seemed to have a ton of grip that fell off really quickly but to be fair they were running them on a realistically dry track surface.

One of my buddies was out at the Lowe's VIP area and said it seemed like a good crowd that enjoyed themselves.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

Ah yes, stock car racing. The home of manic social media posts and drivers tweeting safe from home.

Couldn't possibly come up with a reason people have stopped watching.

Edit: I mentioned it on the Discord but the impromptu Hocevar interviews under the rain delay earlier were very amusing. Funny to see young drivers just actually being themselves and Hocevar surely has a future on the mic.

mischief fucked around with this message at 03:10 on May 30, 2023

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

Suspending the golden boy for a pretty pedestrian intermediate wreck.

Boys have at 'em.

Edit: LaJoie in the 9 loving lol.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

I think Hendrick got in trouble on the hood vents but I could be wrong. This is really just shots fired by NASCAR saying play the game their way. Everything I've heard has been really vague but if the 14 team thought they had a clever way to make the front windshield actually relevant for downforce with all these vents I can understand why they tried it.

Zippy posted:

“We had a quality control lapse and a part that never should’ve been on a car going to the racetrack ended up on the No. 14 car at Charlotte. We accept NASCAR’s decision and will not appeal,” Zipadelli said.

mischief fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Jun 1, 2023

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

If you would like to drink and yell futilely at your television every weekend, Blaney has definitely inherited the "AWWW SHUCKS" failure merchant identity from Dale Junior. Suarez is pretty similar, just have to pick a different beer for your yelling purposes.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

harperdc posted:

Homologate it as a Camaro GT3, sell to customers :sickos:

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

Douchebag posted:

Yeah I heard about that, what a joke.

It was painful. Reasonable coverage for the whole race and just loaded up the commercials at the end. Then I completely forgot the Cup race was even on.

mischief fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Jun 26, 2023

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

Pinecone Sample posted:

What a horrific thing for them and this country. NASCAR fans have been making awful and stupid Chicago gun violence jokes leading up to this week only for the thing that actually happens with gun owners everyday to strike a NASCAR family. Most of these people think having a gun in their home will make their loved ones safer when we know it does the opposite.

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

Elitist Bitch posted:

Do what we do, root for chaos.

Sadly Kidc is probably right, it'll most likely be a pretty boring affair. I think it's awesome that the new powers that be with NASCAR are trying taboo new things, don't get me wrong. We've seen stuff in the last year or so that a lot of the old school fans would never have even thought possible, let alone feasible. The potential hilarity of a cup type car in IMSA is growing dangerously possible and I am loving here for it.

Good luck actually seeing it as a resident unless you've got some serious clout with a rooftop bar over there, and hopefully too many people don't hork out and need quick medical transport. Easy on that deep dish this weekend.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

maffew buildings posted:

double hearing protection

...but also get as close as you can to the track for the start or a restart and just molest those virgin ears. Just one time.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

WHAT?

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

Wait, it's okay to say Bubba is a mediocre driver (at best) now?

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

Can we drag Suarez over there as a fellow failure merchant that is pushed for demographics?

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

Another NASCAR suit with a DWI, not sure if it made it to the thread.

We're just trying to get home from work here, geez. I'll at least throw my empties in the bed of the truck. We were all raised with manners.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

I didn't watch much this season but I'm okay with that last few races and a good Cup champ. Dumb playoff but I think we're stuck with it.

Not sure how NASCAR plans to actually unfuck things but hey, happy ending until Daytona.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

Last race is on the Bandolero loop at Charlotte, shifter karts, weapon of choice is in order of playoff seed. No tech on motors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

Sucks losing legends.