Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Howard The Dork
Mar 31, 2004

Look Ma! I caught a Fwaggle!
Hell yeah!

So tonight's qualifying determines P1 and P2 for Sunday, plus we get two "Bluegreen Vacations Duel" races tomorrow night to determine the starting positions for the rest of the field.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Howard The Dork
Mar 31, 2004

big nipples big life posted:

drat, travis pastrana having mass shooter coffee on his car is bummer, hope he goes home now.

Second only to Liberty U on my most hated sponsors list. A distant, but firm second. Kid Rock honkeystink takes third but Daniel Suarez drove that car so I try to ignore it.

Howard The Dork fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Feb 16, 2023

Howard The Dork
Mar 31, 2004

big nipples big life posted:

It sucks because I really like travis so I'm torn, I'm glad he's in the race but gently caress the i heart school shooters car forever.

Same story with Gragson. I hate to love that guy cause of that poo poo sponsor.

Howard The Dork
Mar 31, 2004

My man Ross Chastain has won half of all the stages so far this year.

Howard The Dork
Mar 31, 2004

Ross didn't touch Harvick AND Liberty U car gets wrecked! Hell yeah!

Howard The Dork
Mar 31, 2004

Great truck race, amazing burnout. I dig Zane Smith.

Howard The Dork
Mar 31, 2004

Hell
loving
Yes!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qUIfm_AFa4

Howard The Dork
Mar 31, 2004

Caught the Pit Crew Challenge today. I was entertained. Fun to see the choreography up close an in depth. I like how the gasman is also in charge of kicking the old left rear tire out of the way.

Howard The Dork
Mar 31, 2004

Just got tickets for Save Mart 350 at Sonoma Raceway!

Howard The Dork
Mar 31, 2004

LOL Is there any legit reason or purpose to have “counterfeit” versions of the single source parts in the garage, let alone installed in a next-gen cup car?

Howard The Dork fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Jun 1, 2023

Howard The Dork
Mar 31, 2004

Bip Roberts posted:

Could there be a dollar savings or would the counterfeit ones be inherently expensive one-offs?

Seems like there would be significant financial risk considering the possibility of a penalty. I point to the Pocono tape incident from last year as an example.

Howard The Dork
Mar 31, 2004

^^^ LMAO ^^^

Ya'll ready for some great NBC (Never Broadcasts Cars) coverage for the rest of the season?

Howard The Dork
Mar 31, 2004

Douchebag posted:

Holy poo poo this NBC coverage is so bad.

Last year they at least had that sick Marcus King intro and did some prerace coverage. Mournful broadcast.

But how ‘bout that MELON SMASH!!!

Howard The Dork
Mar 31, 2004

Pinecone Sample posted:

NASCAR fans have been making awful and stupid Chicago gun violence jokes leading up to this week only for the thing that actually happens with gun owners everyday to strike a NASCAR family.

Get a load of this jerk.

Howard The Dork
Mar 31, 2004

Watching practice and qualifying and just getting super stoked to see the full field run this course. It’s gonna be rad!

Howard The Dork
Mar 31, 2004

Kvlt! posted:

I bought a scanner for it (this one: https://www.amazon.com/Uniden-BC125...aps%2C94&sr=8-3 )

how do I program it to be able to tune in?

If you have windows there is software from Uniden that you can download that will allow you to fairly painlessly program your scanner.

http://info.uniden.com/twiki/bin/view/UnidenMan4/BC125AT
(That website looks sketch as gently caress, but the "PC Programming Software" BC125AT_SS is what I have used to set up my BC125AT scanner.)

I matched the channel number on the scanner with the car number so you can just type a channel number in and find that driver. I put secondary channels starting at 100. So, for example, the primary Daniel Suarez channel would be 99 and secondary channel for Suarez would be 199.

These links should tell you the relevant frequencies to program:

https://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/NASCAR

https://www.speedwaydigest.com/index.php/scanner-frequencies/nascar-cup-series-frequencies

Howard The Dork fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Jul 14, 2023

Howard The Dork
Mar 31, 2004

tater_salad posted:

There's actually a GitHub that has the bearcat files it saved me like an hour of manually typing it into the program.

https://github.com/jim-edwards/NascarScanner/tree/main/Uniden%20BC125AT

Oh my god. That would have saved me so much time.

Howard The Dork
Mar 31, 2004

Oh also SRX on ESPN at 9ET tonight.

Howard The Dork
Mar 31, 2004

mischief posted:

...but also get as close as you can to the track for the start or a restart and just molest those virgin ears. Just one time.

100% You gotta raw-dog those decibels for a start at least once.

Howard The Dork
Mar 31, 2004

Howard The Dork
Mar 31, 2004

SRX was pretty rad, but once again the weather this year brought an early end to what was shaping up to be a really fun race.

Howard The Dork
Mar 31, 2004

The weather is being a real jerk this year.

Howard The Dork
Mar 31, 2004

Booooooooooooo!

Howard The Dork
Mar 31, 2004

iospace posted:

Get hosed Larson, piece of poo poo.

But also this!

Howard The Dork
Mar 31, 2004

Classic NASCAR Calvinball

Howard The Dork
Mar 31, 2004

Clint Bowyer was getting after it in SRX.

Howard The Dork
Mar 31, 2004

LOL Schrader was soooooo pissed off.

Howard The Dork
Mar 31, 2004

skaboomizzy posted:

Noah Gragson got his dumb rear end suspended this weekend by his team for liking a racist meme on Twitter.

Edit: NASCAR has bumped the suspension up to "indefinite"

Liking an Instagram post mocking the murder of George Floyd. Get indefinitely suspended you vomit rocket.

Howard The Dork fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Aug 5, 2023

Howard The Dork
Mar 31, 2004

In cooler news SVG is gonna drive in the Truck race at Indianapolis.

https://racer.com/2023/08/02/van-gisbergen-to-make-nascar-truck-debut-at-irp/

Howard The Dork fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Aug 5, 2023

Howard The Dork
Mar 31, 2004

SRX in the dirt tonight at Eldora. Should be rad.

Howard The Dork
Mar 31, 2004

Hope you’re feeling better soon. Sucks man; this race is rad.

JoLo sounds like he has a cold though…

Howard The Dork
Mar 31, 2004

That loving pit stop for 99. God drat.

Howard The Dork
Mar 31, 2004

Chase Eliot runs out of fuel LOL.

Howard The Dork
Mar 31, 2004

So I stumbled on this page on Xfinity's website:

https://www.xfinity.com/learn/digital-cable-tv/sports/nascar

"Got a need for speed?
Every Xfinity Internet customer can watch NASCAR at no additional cost. Tune in with the Xfinity Stream app or get a free Flex 4K streaming TV box with our internet."

I assume that what they actually mean by this is that you can watch some (probably about one-ish) NASCAR races for free.

But god drat that sure makes it seem like all the NASCAR races are showing on the Xfinity Stream app for free. Poking around the app doesn't look promising for any live NASCAR coverage. Are there any other Comcast customers out there that know anything about this?

Howard The Dork
Mar 31, 2004

Trackhouse signed SVG for 2024! Sounds like he’s going to be racing a bit in each of the three NASCAR series.

Howard The Dork
Mar 31, 2004

iospace posted:

Denny has grown on me, which is hilarious.

Also gently caress yeah Bubba!

e: Stealth winner from last night: Hocevar. First ever Bristol race in cup and finishes 11th? He's been quietly consistent the three races he's been in Cup this year, finishing midpack sure, but for someone who jumped from Trucks to Cup, I can't help but be a bit impressed.

Hocevar has been super impressive driving the cup car these last few weeks. Kinda figured Trackhouse was gonna try and sign him, but stoked on Zane Smith too.

Howard The Dork
Mar 31, 2004

SylvainMustach posted:

So far I like Joey because I can relate to being a guy from Connecticut that nobody likes. Truex, he's from my BF's town and he said they named a road behind a Walmart after him. And Bubba, because I like McDondalds and Dr Pepper.
I think I'm doing this right.

Let me stop you right there.

Kidding aside yeah just keep watching races, you’ll probably see some sponsors you adore and some you hate. Now you’ve got folks to root for and against initially. You’ll learn more about the drivers, see them win and lose and how they drive and how they celebrate and pout, how they fight, and eventually you’ll find your favorite driver(s). And from then on anyone who fucks with your guy can get put in the wall.

Howard The Dork fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Sep 23, 2023

Howard The Dork
Mar 31, 2004

Oh hell yeah!

Howard The Dork
Mar 31, 2004

Bounce the wall hail mayonnaise #7 hell yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Howard The Dork