Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Incelshok Na
Jul 2, 2020

by Hand Knit

EorayMel posted:

I bet OP's sources for this post are loving incredible

If anything, history has shown that I underestimated Biden's ability to be terrible in that post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
I'm going to break mod omerta a little and mention that op reported someone for being mean to them

You're all terrible people!!

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Incelshok Na posted:

Loved the show. A little surprised that no one has commented that the big bad was one of the better metaphors for heroin that I've seen in media. People from abusive backgrounds, like Catra, have an affinity for that drug for obvious reasons. I mean, come on, he literally sticks a needle in people to make them forget all their problems and who they are.

A nice callback to the 80s drug panic too.

[timg]https://www.toplessrobot.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/hemandrugs.png[/timg

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Seth Pecksniff posted:

I'm going to break mod omerta a little and mention that op reported someone for being mean to them

I reported the rule thread for poo poo posting did zenpai even notice

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

EorayMel posted:

I bet OP's sources for this post are loving incredible

Incelshok Na posted:

Why YOU should vote for Trump!

Wait, what, really? Isn't Trump a horrific disaster?

Yes, absolutely. Trump is a disaster but he's the best option we have right now. American politics are predictably cyclical. After 8 years, the ruling party flips. During the midterms the opposition party surges, leading to a brief period of a majority during the new President's first two years followed by a divided government that can't do much (but gets less divided after the second general election). If we disrupt that pattern and get Biden, what do we have? Biden has told us that nothing will fundamentally change. That's what he is running on: a return to respectable government that you can ignore. But that only works for the well-off. Everybody else will continue to get worse under a Biden administration just as they would under a Trump administration. So, it makes sense to "bite the bullet" and let Trump take another 4 years so a different, more respectable Democrat can take over. Let's do the math. With Trump we have 4 years until we can have a candidate that can actually do something to help us. If Biden wins you have Biden (2020-2024) -- things get muddier here because Biden has dementia. He or his chosen successor could theoretically lose to a Republican. Then we *just* have to wait until 2032 for the possibility of a good Dem. More realistically, we are looking at 2036. If Trump wins, we could have a good Dem as early as 2024! It's also important in helping get a good Dem on the ballot. Neoliberalism cannot fail, it can only be failed but Leftist politicians can absolutely fail. If Biden wins, it will be taken as a sign that the only way to win is for Dems to continue to run right. The establishment Dems will do that anyway but Biden losing leaves a lane for a change agent open.

I'm sure you have objections.

Isn't Trump a horrific racist?

I think it is important to get out ahead of this one, because 90% of these conversations boil down to idpol. Yes, Trump is absolutely a racist in his private life. But this is the first of many areas where separating the private individual from the political institution becomes important. Trump is crude and uses racial slurs in his private life. Joe Biden entered politics on an anti-busing platform and has used his political power to further segregation. Who is worse: the guy who puts his hand on his wallet when a black man walks by or the guy who stands up and uses his political power to further the cause of segregation? Both are obviously bad but one is also obviously much, much worse.

Trump's greatest sin in terms of racism are the camps. Camps built during the Obama administration with the backing of Joe Biden. Now think back to the Obama administration. Being against the camps was an extremely fringe position. Most people were somewhere between "don't know" and "don't care". Under Trump, opposition to these camps is a mainstream issue. People are paying attention to it and want it to end. The fact that the Dems in congress keep paying for them reminds me of gay marriage and cannabis legalization. There are tons of political cartoons of the Dems waiting for an issue to cross a magic 50% approval barrier before they support it. Those cartoons are wrong, it is more like a 75% barrier. There needs to be an overwhelming majority of popular support before Dems will back a good idea. The only way for that to happen is for people to pay attention. If you want the camps closed, you need people to care. If you want people to care, you need Trump in the White House. Another advantage is that Trump's clownish racism is driving Hispanic engagement in politics. Instead of dreaming about maybe getting Grandpa's plantation back, they rightfully care about the racist in front of them. They can't use their money to protect themselves from white nationalism.

Lastly, because Nazis are everybody's idea of a "big bad" it's also worth pointing out that there are more Jews in the Trump administration than any previous administration. Compare that with regular accusations of antisemitism that the Obama administration would face from other Democrats. I'm not talking about the opposition, the opposition will make all kinds of lurid claims to see what sticks. But people in Obama's own party routinely decried his mainstreaming of antisemitism in the Democratic party. So, again, we have to ask ourselves, which is worse: the man who grumbles about Jews controlling the media but appoints a historic number of Jews to his cabinet or the man who politely excludes Jews from the halls of power but doesn't make a big deal of it? On the related topic of Israel, they are alike as eggs in terms of their beliefs. Both Trump and Biden are incredibly hawkish on Israel and support the apartheid state. However, Trump's idiopathic foreign policy is an advantage here. Trump has no plans to go to war with Iran for Israel. While he might be a buffoon, Donald is incredibly dovish when it comes to foreign policy (much to Bolton's consternation). That's in contrast with the much more hawkish Biden who will absolutely continue the disastrous Carter Doctrine.

Isn't Trump mishandling Covid?

Structural issues are mishandling Covid. BoJo in the UK is at least as much of an incompetent clown as Trump but the UK's response has been much better. Why? Because of the NHS. Compare that to Obamacare in the United States which has been wholly unable to deal with the pandemic. One thing that is really worth driving home here is how much Obama's neoliberal policies have screwed over the healthcare system of the United States. In order to streamline costs, hospitals shifted to an on-demand system for one-use equipment like PPE as opposed to a stockpile and these items would be sourced from overseas (primarily China). This makes sense if you follow Neoliberal assumptions that nothing bad can happen in the world and things will chug along more-or-less as they always have been. Trump's protectionism would have been a boon here. Now, the American healthcare system is broken but what is new? Trump won't repeal the parts of Obamacare that people like. If he wanted that, it would have already happened. He won't build on it either but neither will Biden. This goes back to the thesis: do you want a chance at a functioning healthcare system in the US in 2024 or 2036?

What about the post-war world order? Trump is dismantling that!

Lol if you think Pax Americana has been good for the world.

What about judges? The Supreme Court?

The Supreme Court is broken. The judicial system has been cut off at the knee. Biden won't change that, so it will truck along broken as ever. Plus if Supreme Court Justices are the hill you want to die on, do you really think the guy who gave us Clarence Thomas is a good pick?

What about BLM and Social Justice?

Going back to the racism discussion, a segregationist who speaks out against "anarchists" and suggests removing Constitutionally protected rights from protesters is not a great pick. Plus Obama oversaw the extrajudicial killing of the early leaders of BLM in Ferguson and drank bottled water to let people know that Flint was safe. If you think Biden will be meaningfully better than Trump on these issues, I've got a bridge to sell you. Right now Biden's campaign is running ads stoking anti-asian sentiment making it clear that he is the one who will actually be tough on the Chinese both at home and abroad.

What about corruption, the rule of law?

Biden has gone out of his way to enrich his family (though, interestingly, not himself) using political connections. He does it in a "respectable" manner as opposed to Trump's crude approach. But their corruption is a difference in optics, not kind.

That's what it really boils down to: optics. Trump does all the bad things other politicians do, he's just incredibly crass about it. In a perverse way, that is good since it forces people to confront the injustice of it. Biden, on the other hand, will coast on decorum while codifying the new world order where there are a few very rich people and masses of debt-slaves with no meaningful chance of social mobility.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

:laffo: :lol: :lmao: :laffo: :lol: :lmao:

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

I reported the rule thread for poo poo posting did zenpai even notice

:hai:

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Incelshok Na posted:

I want to make it very clear that my distinction between "mush brained Joe" and "functioning brain Joe who gaffs" is not to be read as an endorsement. I was merely stating that "mush brained Joe" is a better thing than "functioning brain Joe who gaffs".

Neither deserves your vote. They are both extremely bad and both are evil, albeit in slightly different ways.

I'm voting Howie :)

Incelshok Na
Jul 2, 2020

by Hand Knit

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Seth, we've been friends for a long time. So how about you give all these haters a gentleman's sixer and let us all get back to being goons together.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

https://www.isidewith.com/candidates/howie-hawkins-3/policies/foreign-policy/ukraine

Good stuff. A Russia shill is the man's preferred presidential candidate. I'm HUGELY SURPRISED he made a thread advocating for the invasion and eventual genocide of Armenia.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

I'm HUGELY SURPRISED he made a thread advocating for the invasion and eventual genocide of Armenia.
I mean, I was pissed that Hulu picked up the Kardashians but that's going a bit too far.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

lol

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Seth Pecksniff posted:

dunno why but this post is pissing me off more than the ops

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

FilthyImp posted:

I mean, I was pissed that Hulu picked up the Kardashians but that's going a bit too far.

Lol do you think if you talked to this man long enough he wouldn't advocate for pro imperialist Russia to do whatever it wants

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

i am, howevre, eagerly awaiting insane guys EPICly sourced material on teh topic at hand

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Incelshok Na posted:

Seth, we've been friends for a long time. So how about you give all these haters a gentleman's sixer and let us all get back to being goons together.

Tell me who this alt's main is and I will

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Incelshok Na posted:

This made me lol ngl

But I'm no gentlemen so get to work on them sources friendo

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Seth Pecksniff posted:

It's Stan's alt

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Seth Pecksniff posted:

PROBATION 08/04/20 03:29pm Incelshok Na Go away Shbobdb. Your lovely ironic racist gimmick isn't welcome here. User loses posting privileges for 1 month. fool of sound Fluffdaddy

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

KitConstantine posted:

This made me lol ngl

lol.

seth, as a long time friend, of you personally and ofc the enrtire gbs moderating staff,

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

EorayMel posted:

PROBATION 08/04/20 03:29pm Incelshok Na Go away Shbobdb. Your lovely ironic racist gimmick isn't welcome here. User loses posting privileges for 1 month. fool of sound Fluffdaddy

hahahaha holy gently caress it's him

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

EorayMel posted:

Hahahaha I should have known!!!

Thank you my friend :) appreciate it!

Incelshok Na
Jul 2, 2020

by Hand Knit

KitConstantine posted:

This made me lol ngl

Are you saying this as a poster or as a star? I can provide sources but I'm not going to do it just because.

Incelshok Na
Jul 2, 2020

by Hand Knit

Seth Pecksniff posted:

I've been banned enough that my "main" is just whichever account I'm posting on.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Incelshok Na posted:

Are you saying this as a poster or as a star? I can provide sources but I'm not going to do it just because.

Kill this cowardly OP mods tia

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Incelshok Na posted:

My sources are just out of frame, laughing too.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Incelshok Na posted:

I've been banned enough for racism that my "main" is just whichever account I'm posting racism on.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

Incelshok Na
Jul 2, 2020

by Hand Knit

This false rumor does get me. I've never posted anything racist.

GundamHealer
Jul 23, 2022

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Incelshok Na posted:

A star, friend!

We are staying our collective mod hand in breathless anticipation

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

EorayMel posted:

Mod Challenge OP to record themself singing all of Michael Jackson's Smooth Criminal in a pair of tightie whities whilst wearing a brown paper bag to protect OP's IRL identity.

a brown paper bag would lead to significant dysphoria, surely it would be more compassionate to let him use a white one

Incelshok Na
Jul 2, 2020

by Hand Knit
Source 1

Source 2

Source 3

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

:lol:

Google Jeb Bush posted:

a brown paper bag would lead to significant dysphoria, surely it would be more compassionate to let him use a white one

:lmao:

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

you love to see a thread like this produce instant comedy and come to a close very quickly like tihs. and now we can ba nthe op and gas and all move along with our lives, having been thoroughly enriched

i must compose
Jul 4, 2010

Until the lions have their own historians, the history of the hunt will always glorify the hunter.
FADE IN:

INT. MONK'S CAFE - DAY

Jerry, George, Elaine, and Kramer are sitting at their usual table, sipping coffee and chatting.

ELAINE:
Have you guys seen that post on Something Awful by this guy incelshock na?

JERRY:
No, what did he say?

ELAINE:
Well, he's been going off about how Trump is the greatest president of all time, and how anyone who disagrees with him is a snowflake.

GEORGE:
(laughing)
That's ridiculous. The guy's a nutjob.

KRAMER:
Hey, maybe he's got a point. Trump did a lot of good things for the country.

JERRY:
(calling Kramer out)
Kramer, I didn't know you were a Trump supporter.

KRAMER:
I'm not a supporter, I'm just saying that he did some good things.

ELAINE:
(disgusted)
Like what? Separating families at the border?

KRAMER:
No, no, no. I'm talking about the economy, the job market. He did a lot of good things.

JERRY:
(challenging)
Do you have any evidence to back up that claim?

KRAMER:
(caught off-guard)
Uh, well, I mean... I don't have it on me right now.

ELAINE:
(smiling)
That's what I thought.

Suddenly, the door of the cafe bursts open and in walks a disheveled-looking man, INCELSHOCK NA.

INCELSHOCK NA:
(shouting)
I've been mod challenged on Something Awful! They want me to provide links to support my argument that Russia is sending its citizens to Armenia!

The gang looks at each other, confused.

JERRY:
(skeptical)
Russia is sending its citizens to Armenia? I've never heard that before.

INCELSHOCK NA:
(angrily)
You don't know anything! The mainstream media is lying to you! Trump is the only one who can save this country!

ELAINE:
(disgusted)
Oh, give me a break.

GEORGE:
(calmly)
Listen, buddy, if you're going to make a claim like that, you need to provide evidence to back it up.

INCELSHOCK NA:
(defeated)
I don't have any evidence. I just know it's true.

KRAMER:
(rolling his eyes)
Typical.

JERRY:
(shaking his head)
You know, sometimes I think the internet was a mistake.

FADE OUT.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

How is one of your sources the wiki page for Armenia lmfao

This is like high school level effort

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Seth Pecksniff posted:

tattle tale

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4salb9noD8

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Mods please kill Shbobdb via One-handed brainbuster

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ini-l-Bdd14&t=148s

TIA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

God dammit I wanted to use Google translate on some weird web 1.0 page in Turkish or some poo poo to figure out exactly how big a weirdo you are how dare you ruin my fun like this