Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

"You can see how they go from being so sweet to tearing your face off,
just like that,
and it's amazing to have that range."

Thunderdome Exclusive

drat, rip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

just like that,

Thunderdome Exclusive

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

just like that,

Thunderdome Exclusive

you can become hot as an adult and people forget that. i know i have. been doin my lil workouts because himbo season is coming and i used to look like a gross lil goonlord but im hot now. i sent a thirst trap to somebody im seeing the other day and they were all “omg your cum gutters are coming in!” drat right they are its fuckin himbo season.

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

just like that,

Thunderdome Exclusive

i mean my “lil workouts” come off doing an extremely physical job 7-10 hours a day for up to 12 days in a row. its basically the workout equivalent of binge eating. but making working out a source of money for me has been invaluable for making the behavioral changes necessary to keep in shape. most people dont get to have money as their carrot on a stick when they start exercising.

like im not some gym rat mimaxer. pedicab is 95% of my workout and for me the challenges came mostly from modifying my existing behaviors at the time into ones that would make my excruciating physical labor feel better. it becomes super easy to not eat fast food when you are doing cardio all day and you can feel your body trying to quick absorb a whopper into useable calories and you want to loving die. same with being hydrated. i used to never drink enough water but pedicabbing makes it critical crucial to always be drinking water.

but it provided a really good framework and set of motivations to slowly chisel away at bad habits and form them into better practices. i mean im no paragon of health even now. i smoke a pack of cigarettes a day, i still have tons of taco bell and i either ride 40+ miles on a bike or do absolutely nothing, like a greyhound. i know if i eat a huge pile of garbage today, my rear end better be out tomorrow doing something physical but i had to slowly train my body to crave the hamster wheel basically doing the pill wrapped in a dog treat on myself repeatedly until it worked. idk figure out what works for you and build on it

also sorry boys, but this is what peak performance looks like.

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

just like that,

Thunderdome Exclusive

like i honestly think fitness is a matter of finding the right carrot on a stick for you. i encourage people to find beer league sports as a good intro to being active and trying to figure out what kind of physical activity you like doing. like the one year i was actually super into lifting and going to the gym came from doing muay thai for a few months and being sick of getting my rear end beat for being a weak lil goonlord and that was a really good carrot for me at the time. beer league hockey got me doing running (ugh) and fun agility drills. pedicab got me doing yoga to help my quads and hammies not be on the verge of exploding.

idk i think there is a physical activity for everybody out there and related abilities to train that make good carrots but its different for everybody.

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

just like that,

Thunderdome Exclusive

mystes posted:

You probably should try to do some sort of minimal amount of load bearing exercise if biking is really 100% of your exercise and you don't even walk much because it seems like that's pretty bad for bone density

yeah dude its 2023 and its time to get yoked for the summer so ive been doing a ton of prison workouts and using lots of adult calisthenic gear in parks to work my upper body and not be triangle dude like i always end up being. but unlike those other twerps, every day is leg day for me. im getting older and starting to feel the limits of my flesh prison so im starting to train more yoga/warmup/aftercare in so i dont blow myself up

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

just like that,

Thunderdome Exclusive

my goals this year is to lean into being spongebob shaped and just go full wrestler.

darbys a lil skinny boy and not some ungodly ripped human and i think this is doable if i really go for it

realistically im going to end up probably closer to cm punk. boys a lil chonky buy still mostly muscle.

like i sat for a while and tried to figure out what “in shape me” would look like. im not sleek like a runner, nor am i particularly thick looking like a football player, and im also not tiny or agile. i dont deign to think ill become some shredded adonis but i do think certain wrestlers fit me the best in terms of “chonky but not bulky” in terms of what i am trying to look like.

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

just like that,

Thunderdome Exclusive

Truman Peyote posted:

which is good for me because I have been undisciplined about hitting the gym recently

go to the gym bb, you got this

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

just like that,

Thunderdome Exclusive

i hope i didnt come off as fitness shaming. its really hard to make that time in modern life. i only got here because i made fitness a job but i deeply appreciate how hard it is to be active after a 9-5. im proud of yall for doing what youre doing since most people here are computer touchers. namaste and god bless. im going on a bike ride

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

just like that,

Thunderdome Exclusive

graph posted:

darbs was hit by a car after the long island show and wrestled with road rash friday. absolute madman

drat i love that dude

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

just like that,

Thunderdome Exclusive

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

just like that,

Thunderdome Exclusive

qirex posted:

watching all of “worth it” taught me that truffles and gold leaf are the best way to get people to play comical prices for otherwise normal food

many folks also dont understand the purpose of a wine list for the restaurant

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

just like that,

Thunderdome Exclusive

ill be real though i miss my one private social club job because they fed us like literal kings. i wake up some nights craving pheasant and thats not a joke.

i got to eat most of that tray of lamb lollipops because the rich people only wanted like 3. so i got to eat lobster and lamb and all kinds of sinful poo poo every night.

god i loving want some pheasant now.

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

just like that,

Thunderdome Exclusive

a lot of bougie food is dumb af but part of the reason i bartended in so many 5 star joints is so i could eat some top quality fuckin food and theres a ton of poo poo that is absolutely worth shelling out for if youre into really fuckin good food. and im not saying $800/person tasting menus either. theres a ton of really great food at the $40-60 pricepoint (and a LOT of garbage) but ill stan bougie foods because good caviar on a tiny cracker slaps

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

just like that,

Thunderdome Exclusive

qirex posted:

yeah bougie food is fun occasionally but some of the worst meals I've ever eaten were at expensive places

thats the thing. it stings more than when $8 chinese food sucks so i get people being averse but theres still gold out there

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

just like that,

Thunderdome Exclusive

polyester concept posted:

i am officially an old dad because i refuse to pay what it costs to eat at a restaurant these days (it's ridiculous!!) and constantly bring up how much cheaper everything used to be

i mean cost of goods is up, rent is definitely up, and ive personally helped at least a dozen people get the gently caress out of hospitality into other roles because it Fuckin Sucks to work as a server/bartender to begin with. i still go out to eat a lot. my friends still serving still have bills to pay and its important to support local joints.

like yeah save your money, but somebodys gotta spend money at the fun bars and restaurants or theyll all disappear

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

just like that,

Thunderdome Exclusive

my dude have you tried ramadan

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

just like that,

Thunderdome Exclusive

eid might be on 4/20 this year im pretty stoked

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

just like that,

Thunderdome Exclusive

Chris Knight posted:

it's the 21st sorry

let me dream ok

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

just like that,

Thunderdome Exclusive

I need adderall in order to not be bad at life and im really mad i cant get my loving meds without calling six different places

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

just like that,

Thunderdome Exclusive

something i really like about this forum in the past 5 years is things have generally mellowed out and we are mostly grownups now. i like yospos because yall are the funny kind of lovely to each other and not the sad angry kind. like its actually possible to have a mostly good day on the internet hanging out here and i really appreciate yall. even tori (pbuh)

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

just like that,

Thunderdome Exclusive

drug wars on a palm v in class rules

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

just like that,

Thunderdome Exclusive

edit: wrong thread but

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

just like that,

Thunderdome Exclusive

i love my np. shes no bullshit and Very Good at advocating for me. i dont bother her with petty bullshit and she worked real hard to get me into behavioral health services as soon as i was onboard. my psychiatrist slaps too and is happy to call around to places so i can get my adderall.

ive been surfing providers forever before this. ill take an np any day over an md. i dont have an extensive medical background but my mom was an ob/gyn and i used to be an emt so im better than most. i had a string of gp md’s who would ignore the poo poo out of what i said and it annoys the poo poo out of me because im not some self diagnosed idiot. i have several binders full of my medical history. i have a very acute awareness of how hosed i am in the head and it sucked to have doctors be condescending and lovely to me.

my new bae tho. im goin to the neurologist, the dermatologist, and nutritionist this month and all it took was “hi i keep getting recurring bumps on my forearm can i get a dermatologist referral? do you wanna see some gross close up photos??” “send them along and ill put them in your referral packet” and it took two days to book.

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

just like that,

Thunderdome Exclusive

yeah and i think a lot of it is just a function of culture spread via immigrants. places closer to mexico have more cultural buy in and thus more demand. up here in boston the real latin bangers are the caribbean poo poo. we have tons of puerto ricans, domenicans, haitians, and trinidadians. so lots of bomb mofongo, roti, all kinds of mindblowingly great poo poo.

we have some very ok mexican but the mexican community here is much tinier compared to the the west indian diaspora here

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

just like that,

Thunderdome Exclusive

also new jersey unironically whips for a bunch of reasons. its hell for many other reasons like having to drive 45 minutes for good thai food, but its the platonic ideal of the suburbs in a way that ohio and indiana arent. im a full rear end city princess and i grew up in boston proper so i have a very different expectation of density, but provided you have a car, it’s actually an extremely clutch place if you’re a suburban type.

its micro california where every part of the state is a different biome, and even your shittiest suburb town is at most a 2 hour drive from nyc, philly, or both. so if you have a car its basically inconsequential to get from deep suburb to the beaches to the woods to the city. its extremely not for me, but if i was an extremely normal person with normal suburban needs nj is honestly my second choice over ma. great public services and schools, pretty good regional transit, and absolutely god tier pierogies.

mind you i moved there to live in a punk house in new brunswick, a big college town, sans car and while i certainly had to rely on other folks for transit i actually did kind of ok on a bicycle. but the nj problem is everybody always lives 45 minutes apart by car. luckily everybody would come to my house for the basement shows so getting the gang together wasnt awful. i definitely wouldnt live there without a car now but it was Mostly Doable*

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

just like that,

Thunderdome Exclusive

Beeftweeter posted:

yeah this is absolutely true. there's a ton of great hole-in-the-wall places, a lot of mediocre ones, and the same applies for more expensive big places. it definitely varies, but i'd say at worst you'd get a mediocre meal. it's really difficult to find a place in nyc that truly has bad food

hell yeah lol. i grew up pretty close to new brunswick and had a lot of friends that went to rutgers, it's a pretty decent place to live

and due to its proximity to nyc the same applies for food there. it's just a bit more spread out, of course, but you can get an excellent meal. you gotta hunt for it though

lmao i biked from new brunswick to edison (through metuchen) to work at the menlo park mall for a while and it was honestly fine. there is a fuckin sick rail trail from new brunswick to princeton thats a ton of fun and i wanna do again.

but yeah id do nj before ever going anywhere near the midwest. i do not trust places without beaches and good seafood and i will absolutely die on that hill.

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

just like that,

Thunderdome Exclusive

raminasi posted:

private beaches weird me the gently caress out. the first time i went down the shore i made my friends explain to me slowly in small words that you couldn’t just go walk on the beach without paying someone because i could not wrap my head around it.

i actually love this because yeah 10 bucks to get on the beach sucks but it goes directly to upkeep and maintenance and conservation so like. i defend it at least a little. obviously this impacts low income folks more but i think generally it is a great way to ensure public waterfronts are well maintained

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

just like that,

Thunderdome Exclusive

all the public beaches closest to boston are loving disgusting and not places id hang out at. however theres lots of beach towns along the coastline where they limit parking to some insanely low number like 50 for a 3 mile long beach and get extremely tow happy. nobody bothers you if you bike there, however, and for an extra half hour to hour (depending on direction) you can go from trashed and polluted urban beach to bullshit New England Fishing Village vibes pretty quickly and thats nice.

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

just like that,

Thunderdome Exclusive

mystes posted:

terrible taste in states smh

edit: also are you describing NJ as bikeable? lol

also no, but if you live in a suburb and use the regional commuter transit to get into nyc/boston for work, very specific areas of each state open up for you and can be car free, but within very specific limitations. honestly the most common thing i do is walk to the grocery store and then uber back if its a big trip. basically anything else besides large item transport can be served by living in one of these transit corridors, but like i said theres big fat drawbacks to being carless in the burbs, like being unable to get to a neighboring town on public transit without going out then in, so ideally all of your needs are in a bikeable radius.

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

just like that,

Thunderdome Exclusive

Beeftweeter posted:

more crabs than usual

rutgers has a herpes strain named after them

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

just like that,

Thunderdome Exclusive

you couldve just said gamers

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

just like that,

Thunderdome Exclusive

in a well actually posted:

glitter loving sucks

this is homophobic

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

just like that,

Thunderdome Exclusive

what ever happened to noisebridge

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

just like that,

Thunderdome Exclusive

and its definitely not your posts either

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

just like that,

Thunderdome Exclusive

it rules to live somewhere you can drive to places where you can see them pull crates of them out of the ocean

cape cod is full of delicious sea bugs and other delicious treasures

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

just like that,

Thunderdome Exclusive

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

oh my god thats a memory vaguely unlocked

also Google suggestions what the gently caress is that last one

lmao sounds like somebodys never been peer pressured into bleaching their butthole by their spouse

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

just like that,

Thunderdome Exclusive

i mean your mom has a monopoly on my dick at least for this financial quarter

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

just like that,