Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
who is last to drop out of the primary before trump is nominated?
This poll is closed.
desantis 128 29.91%
rubio 33 7.71%
haley 57 13.32%
goku 210 49.07%
Total: 358 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
This country can't be saved. I'm just going to declare my house a sovereign nation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

Who would that even keep out?

Smashmouth

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

tacodaemon posted:

although sometimes I will shazam a terrible song I hear because knowing the title and artist lets me hate it even better

I do this all the time. It's always twenty one pilots. The worst band ever created.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

Lidarr is a music collection manager for Usenet and BitTorrent users. It can monitor multiple RSS feeds for new albums from your favorite artists and will interface with clients and indexers to grab, sort, and rename them. It can also be configured to automatically upgrade the quality of existing files in the library when a better quality format becomes available. https://lidarr.audio/

Hmmm.. I didn't know this was a thing, but I deeply love Sonarr so I may check it out.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
I came home from the bar last night and there was a cat on my back porch, who then followed me inside while purring at me. It was lovely out so I put him in my spare room with some food and a litter box. I took him to the vet today and he's not microchipped so I guess I'm going to put up some flyers in my neighborhood. I already have 6 cats and don't need a 7th!

Anyway please enjoy my temporary cat.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

Iron Crowned posted:

Congrats on your new cat!

My wife was in there cuddling him earlier today. This is a distinct possibility.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

VideoKid posted:

this mother fucker:

https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/status/1631718909647761408?s=20

IT WAS A FAKE CAUSE YOU MADE IT UP

Now Matty has the sunglasses in his avatar. He just needs to shoot the picture in a car and his transformation will be complete.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

Al! posted:

for me the worst part is being stuck in line behind a boomer that hasnt smoked weed in 100 years and is asking the pretty girl behind the desk 1000 questions to get her to keep talking to him

As a relative noob to the legal weed game I kind of hate the number of choices. The weed store me has like 60 kinds of gummies. I don't necessarily need a choice of 14 vape carts or 25 weed strains.

I get that the true crazy people are into this, but I kind of wish they would just put some stuff in a bag and give it to me.

I need to start ordering for online pickup so I don't get choice paralysis.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

Knight posted:

What is this poo poo? It's less complicated than a liquor store.

Hey, I make it work. At the liquor store I have the advantage of drinking heavily for the better part of 2 decades. Weed has only been legal in my area for a few months. Before that your choices were limited.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

Salt Fish posted:

In DC weed is legal but selling it isn't, so vendors give it away when you buy other expensive items for example 50 dollars worth of life-coaching, given at the register.

I am shocked that no business was doing this for sex work for years.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
Thanks to the goons who told me about lidarr yesterday. I set it up and it is good, although I might have to try to actually get onto some private trackers again to get the good poo poo.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

AxGrap posted:

Usenet is the king.

My main indexer isn't great for music. I'll have to explore.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

"Iodine-free salt options, such as kosher salt and Himalayan salt, should be used if home cooks want to boil pasta in salted water."

I use kosher salt for everything already so I'm probably going to die of an iodine deficiency.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMD8hBsA-RI

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

Look at this beta cuck getting #triggered by some woke packaging tape.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

UFOTacoMan posted:

that's jesus

I think he also made almonds according to Christianity, but apparently he made those woke and not suitable for milk.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

Louisgod posted:

found a new obsession, spent the weekend making this while my sick kids played games and watched movies, it was an absolute joy to make and I've ordered six more of them lol. they're only ~$45 a piece and the detail inside is spectacular, I had to individually wrap most of the books on the shelves.

This as awesome and I need to get some. Where are you getting them from?

*Edit* I saw the link a couple posts down. Thanks!

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

None of these things are mutually exclusive. They probably have 11 white dudes and 1 black gay veteran.

Edit.. I didn't see 45% women! Oops! This was also a lovely snipe

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

holtemon posted:

Where's my fuckin bailout I want free govt money

You need to be able to fail big enough to take down some rich people or no one will help you.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

Trump is looking like Bolo Yeung

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

Hmm.. Do I want to google why the national review is suddenly pro Jack White?

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
It would be nice if someone in power or running for office would pretend to support good things so that I could support them.

I feel like right now we have one party who has 0 position on anything other than funneling money to rich people and 1 party which seems to be trying to create a medieval theocracy.

I think I might have to leave work early and go with the beer and Camus option today.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

God I wish this was me.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
I want non-Euclidian eldritch horror pasta.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
Cocaine bear seems kind of lovely so far. I'm rooting for the bear.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

Zeriel posted:

plex servers aren't rocket surgery

pc if you got a spare ssd somewhere
https://www.ebay.com/itm/285096111967

storage
https://www.ebay.com/itm/304838362277

110 bucks and you're up and running with 8tb storage. good enough for 1080p video.

8tb isn't much these days. I'd just buy a mid tower so you can jam more drives in it, but I do like the small form factor.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

petit choux posted:

I got a couple of POS tablets for $5 a few months ago but maybe one of these could be a good idea. I might get one.

Regarding that plex server suggestion though, there's no real reason I can't use a conventional hard drive? I have a dozen of those.

No, I looked and it isn't a SSD in that post, sorry. I have like a dozen identical to that storage drive already.

You want 1 SSD to run plex off of if you can. It can be small-ish. You can use regular drives for storage. It makes moving around the menus and searching for things much faster in my experience.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
LOL that Cocaine bear was Ray Liotta's final role.

It remains not great all the way through but I've seen worse movies.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

Too Many Birds posted:

i want to post like a loving moron for an hour or so is this the thread to do it

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

petit choux posted:

Did Singal lose his job or something today? I probably just glossed over it but I keep seeing references.

He just deleted his twitter account. Also he didn't even leave. He just switched to some parachute account.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
Sherlock was pretty good. The last couple the wheels kind of fell off but I thought it was pretty fun overall. Martin Freeman is great in everything.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

petit choux posted:

I like several of the more recent ones a lot. Of course I liked the guy in the leather jacket, he was more of a dude so of course I identify I suppose. I have yet to watch a single ep of the new one. I hope she's okay, there have been a couple or so doctors that are real klinkers as far as I'm concerned.

Jodie Whittaker seemed like she was doing a bad David Tennant impression for the first season, but she got slightly better. The writing was kind of a mess for all of her run though.

I'm curious to see how the upcoming guy is. Also Tennant is coming back for a 4-episode arc I think?

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

Plinkey posted:

i found out who keeps knocking my landry basket over

My money is on pepper

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

I had a 50/50 shot. One of my cats views the laundry basket as a primary hangout and she knocks it over if I don't keep it full enough.

You just need to do laundry less often

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

I can't get over the fact that there is a Chris Chris and a Chris Del Chris as the first 2 people on the flyer.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

smarxist posted:

this is my entire life now since getting my cat hooked on The Good poo poo

2 of my cats love these and hate the greenies variety and one of them despises these and only wants catnip flavored greenies. So now I've got multiple containers of treats to portion out to each cat because I'm a sucker.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
I'm going to leave work early and go see Scream VI. I am having a very poor mental health week and can't deal with being here any more.

Someone should do something about all the troubles.

Also, I hear Scream VI is good. Hooray.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

I can't look at this without wanting to give them all the teen roast names from yesterday

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

Glumwheels posted:

https://twitter.com/shannonrwatts/status/1634207743769735168

What in the gently caress, the audio is worse than the tweet summary

Yikes

LOL that we're returning to reconstruction era politics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

That's why I'm offering unlimited bailouts to banks and doing nothing else.