Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
well I’m off to join the Yugo-Danish Union

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

no but you see it’s the left who are all about cult of personality

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

happyhippy posted:

Pepsi Max is my fav coke variant.

I've recently given it up because I'm trying to cut out caffeine, and let me tell you, 7Up Zero does not compare

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
sorry, no, "relative poverty" isn't a thing despite all the Guardian columns trying to convince people that actually it's very hard coping when you have a 6-figure household income

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

killerwhat posted:

why are you here? no one wants you here

do we seriously just not have any mods ITT

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Microplastics posted:

Make me an IK ill probe him on sight

based on their rap sheet giving them probes doesn’t seem to be much of a disincentive

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Guavanaut posted:

Nuclear and renewables powering (and heating with waste heat) extreme concentrated horticulture isn't the worst idea for weathering climate change, but that must be the most :pseudo: way of phrasing it.

"we must reduce solar power generation, and then use solar power to heat greenhouses"

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Skulker posted:

You must kill the cop inside your head.

I was curious as to if they had ever actually been a good poster

the answer was extremely conclusive

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Answers Me posted:

How long until ‘accusing governments of fascism is antisemitic’ becomes a sensible opinion. I give until lunchtime before he’s accused of this.

I definitely remember how “neutrality from all BBC employees” was rigorously upheld when Andrew Neil worked for them

E: actually what about Alan loving Sugar

Julio Cruz fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Mar 8, 2023

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
people on FB seem to be pushing this:

https://action.electoral-reform.org.uk/page/123606/petition/1

I haven't yet suggested crossing out "male supermajority in the"

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
the BBC's football pundits displaying a thousand percent more solidarity than the Labour party

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
more pundits ruling themselves out

https://twitter.com/AlexScott/status/1634264832852500488

https://twitter.com/MicahRichards/status/1634272949099167745

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
another one out

https://twitter.com/jjenas8/status/1634281594813927438

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
where's the quote from about the DV being repeated? is it Boris' official biography?

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
I think they've hosed it, lads

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
let’s pretend for a minute that ghosts are actually badgers

if one person goes to a place where badgers are suspected to be and sets up a load of cameras there’s a pretty good chance of getting evidence of badgers, like hundreds of images and full minutes of HD video

on the other hand if an entire loving industry goes to hundreds of places where ghosts are suspected to be and sets up a load of cameras they inevitably come away with gently caress all

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
so animals can be ghosts too? that must make working on a farm difficult, all those ghost cows getting in the way at milking time

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
also big fancy cameras are easily available to people who hunt ghosts “professionally” and yet they can’t seem to come up with anything either :iiam:

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
second-hand weed smoke smells loving awful IMO but banning it is still loving stupid

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
every Domino's I've ever worked at has had a guy who'd drop some weed off with your pizza if he knew you

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
that is clearly back bacon, you can see the rind on it

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
"ah yes, I think you'll find I'm allergic to non-bacon breakfast foods"

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
had my Twitter account hacked overnight and based on the absolute lack of support so far I don't expect to ever get it back

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Miftan posted:

They did you a favour then.

I hardly used it any more so it's not a big loss, but I'd still rather not have something with my name on it being used to promote crypto scams

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Al-Saqr posted:

Wow i just got the news that scotland elected its first muslim leader, probably the first muslim head of state in europe, who is this guy? Is he decent or some kind of tory-lite wierdo?

he's not a head of state (yet...)

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

lol why would the membership - who provably don’t want Forbes in charge - give a poo poo which minor post she gets shuffled off to

gonna go out on a limb and guess that these “senior figures” are both one Forbes, Kate

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
imo it’s good to bin off someone who’s spent the past few weeks slagging you off to the most minor post possible once you win

olive branches are for suckers

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

can't wait for him to start tweeting in Cockney

(yes I know Islington doesn't count as Cockney, as twisto would be sure to point out)

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
lol it's Ramadan right now, being weirded out by that tweet is like being weirded out by a Christian talking about going to a carol service

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
once a GE campaign gets close the media are going to turn on Keith and he's going to fall apart like a wet paper bag

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
"the new Corbyn" is going to be applied to any new high-profile politician who's further left than Mussolini until the end of time

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
it's such bollocks, how exactly are you going to ensure that people attend their sentencing?

like, the guy who kicked this all off got given 40-odd years for murder, he's not going to give a poo poo about whatever you're going to do to him for refusing to climb up some stairs

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
anyone got a quick primer on Streeting and his desire to sell off the NHS?

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

not even paedophiles deserve to have to read that shite

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
“how dare you ask me how I’d fix the government’s problems, now let me tell you why you should elect Labour so they can fix the government’s problems”

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Guavanaut posted:

It's funny the number of people accusing the official name change of being 'communism', when the worst that you could accuse it of is being some kind of romantic nationalism, coming from the idea that there is something more organic or natural about the official name change (as opposed to the other name being regarded as insulting to the people there, like Port Elizabeth or Londonderry).

Park Authority *changes primary official name to a generally accepted alternative*
Ham People "this is what Marx wrote about in Communism Book"

the Venn diagram of people who are deeply offended by the name change and people who could find the park on a map is two circles on opposite sides of the universe

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Lord of the Llamas posted:

This isn't how Venn diagrams work.

post/avatar/redtext triple combo

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

feedmegin posted:

Isn't it incredibly hard to find restaurant employees these days?

people have mainly decided that working lovely hours and having to be nice to arseholes isn’t really worth doing for minimum wage

so the hospitality sector has responded by crying all over the media rather than, for example, offering decent wages for the job

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
when you gently caress up so badly that even Baddiel can dunk on you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Kaveman posted:

She's not just an "experienced politician and rights campaigner". She's a black women, the first to be an MP in the UK, and has suffered racism first hand in and outside of Westminster her entire life.

So maybe there's a conversation to be had here. Not an instant banishment for trying to talk about racism.

what sort of conversation would you start with "being Jewish is like being red-haired"

I like Diane, I've supported her for a long time, but I think she's in the wrong here