Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021

net work error posted:

Is that confirmed? Florida Man survives again

i dont think anything is actually confirmed, and this doesnt fill me with confidence

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

I wonder who they would replace him with. Initially I would've said Mick but he's off to WEC now so maybe they poach Doohan or Lawson somehow.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Williams will beat Alpine next year

aledesma
Jul 22, 2012

https://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id/38984304/lewis-hamilton-admits-concern-red-bull-dominance

:hmmyes:

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

:alonso: :alonso: :alonso:

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Not so fun being on the other side, is it Lew?

And I say this as someone who likes him.

Nowher
Nov 29, 2019

pack your bags
You ever think about how good this season would've been if Red Bull didn't exist?

Nando winning a few races at the start then fading away.
Ferrari throwing away championship at most crucial moments and of course the McLaren resurgence towards the end of the year. :allears:

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
Ban Red Bull for cheating and let in the Andretti team to keep it at ten teams.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

I think about how good the world would be if Red Bull didn’t exist, OP

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Nowher posted:

You ever think about how good this season would've been if Red Bull didn't exist?

Nando winning a few races at the start then fading away.
Ferrari throwing away championship at most crucial moments and of course the McLaren resurgence towards the end of the year. :allears:

there should be a "good show" rule where if you win more than 10 races in a season you pay 300 million dollars to haas

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

FAUXTON posted:

there should be a "good show" rule where if you win more than 10 races in a season you pay 300 million dollars to haas

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

Yeah how did the fans of any of the other nine teams from 2014 - 2021 feel about the Merc dominance?

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Cimber posted:

Yeah how did the fans of any of the other nine teams from 2014 - 2021 feel about the Merc dominance?
One might just as easily ask how all the unbelievers feel about the resurrection and ascension of Christ. They may not appreciate it but nevertheless they are redeemed by it.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Checo WDC 2024 :mexico:

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
my YouTubeTV DVR recording some alternate version of the race on ESPNU with some lil' kids and a dude doing the broadcast and the driver grids were in cartoon form. It was much, much better than Crappty screaming.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Motogp finale was wire-to-wire wild if you want to see what the f1 etihad airways abu dhabi grand prix 2023 wasn't

PatentPending
Nov 27, 2007

[1950s eel-based dad joke]
Garbage season

Dumb sport

Looking forward to pre-season testing!

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

right clicking is stealing
Replace checo with someone fun.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
Looked at the final season stats and Max has double the points of second place, and more than second and third combined. Don’t think that happened in Merc Dominance. Didn’t check the Vettelreich

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

didn't watch but i heard max dedicated his win to geert wilders and racism. hosed up

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Roller Coast Guard posted:

Severino Nardozzi completed in International F3000 (what F2 used to be) in 1995, at the age of 49.

Ryuji Kumita “Dragon” is 56 years old and competes in Japanese F4 for the hell of it. He owns B-Max racing. He wisely stayed out of Super GT or Super Formula.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

One might just as easily ask how all the unbelievers feel about the resurrection and ascension of Christ. They may not appreciate it but nevertheless they are redeemed by it.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Post Abu Dhabi drivers dinner. Last year it was all 20, but some notable exceptions missing here.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Cimber posted:

If we get an American driver within striking distance of the driver's cup you'll see a lot more attention. Barring that, put Danny Ric back into Red Bull. He wouldn't have hosed up like Chico did. :D

Yeah man, let’s put the guy who can’t beat Yuki Tsunoda consistently in the car.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Many people call the sport of Formula One, "Formula AIDS."

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Dudley posted:

The old school Minardi fans would like to point out Minardi also led a race before Franz turned up.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
The RBR19 was dominant it allowed Perez to finish second.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc
It's over, thank gently caress.

I don't have to watch Max gently caress off into the sunset for 3 months.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES

Frond posted:

Ryuji Kumita “Dragon” is 56 years old and competes in Japanese F4 for the hell of it. He owns B-Max racing. He wisely stayed out of Super GT or Super Formula.

I'd very much like to be this dude

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES
MotoGP race was compelling despite the championship being decided like 3 laps in because Martin poo poo his pants under actual pressure, I turned off the F1 race 10 laps early. Please loving fix F1 I actually like this sport when its good and not americanised show-y performative bullshit

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
Any sane person: We should try and fix the sport

Stupid rich Americans (possibly with severe brain lesions): What if we changed nothing but hyped it up with a stupid made up Netflix series and played some "epic" music before the start of the race?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Elendil004 posted:

Post Abu Dhabi drivers dinner. Last year it was all 20, but some notable exceptions missing here.

This is the worst rendition of The Last Supper I've ever seen.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

tony quidtana posted:

Any sane person: We should try and fix the sport

Stupid rich Americans (possibly with severe brain lesions): What if we changed nothing but hyped it up with a stupid made up Netflix series and played some "epic" music before the start of the race?

Needs phantom debris yellow flags/safety cars to really spice things up again. And then we could move to a playoff system!

You could even have a play(race) in tournament where the top drivers from the bottom positions can race to secure their spot in the finals!

God that hurt just to type out.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

tony quidtana posted:

I'd very much like to be this dude

I have 0 issue with older pay drivers if they are lower level sports car leagues/Formula series.

Frond fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Nov 27, 2023

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Elendil004 posted:

I could barely tell that was Zhou having not seen him a lot out of the car and laughed while I thought “who the gently caress is that” until I figured it out

What’s going on my guy, how was racing, I don’t think I said your name once this year

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

The fix nobody wants to admit would work is to get rid of cost caps.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

net work error posted:

The fix nobody wants to admit would work is to get rid of cost caps.

The cost cap was the most well intentioned mistake the sport has made in the last decade. The engine freeze is a close second.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

Looked at the final season stats and Max has double the points of second place, and more than second and third combined. Don’t think that happened in Merc Dominance. Didn’t check the Vettelreich

Am i bad at maths or does "more than second and third combined" follow prettymuch automatically from "double the points of second place"?

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

Max led 1003 of the 1391 GP laps this season, along with 0 DNFs. Complete dominance that probably won't be matched anytime soon, unless he does it again next year I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Elendil004 posted:

Wow George Michael's alive