Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

ilmucche posted:

Is it a Sunday 10pm start? That's nuts

Mustard facial close the thread

I think it’s Saturday 10pm local.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Pragmatica posted:

lol i’ll get this uploaded and handed out to those who want it after qualifying

njsykora posted:

Replace Payaya Bois please for maximum bandwagon jumping.

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Staring at my mclaren Lego next to the tv and thinking about covering it with a towel Jesus Christ lmao they’re so bad.

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Mao Zedong Thot posted:

this will become a mark of shame like the mclaren tag, mark my words

Gangtags by themselves are shameful. :regd08:

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

I’m going to laugh so fuckin hard if Charles finishes the race tomorrow with a new set of soft tires.

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

This season is going to be sooooo boring if the Red Bull is reliable and can pull out a second a lap.

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Alonso rules.

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Ferrari checking alert.

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Not watching as I have sworn off FOrmula One after the red bull cost cheating scandal but I assume it's yet another effortless Scud victory

We are checking

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Pragmatica posted:

alright - who wants:

quote this so it makes it easy for me (or send me a PM)

Replace the papaya boys, it’s Nando not Lando.

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Stroll feels like the absolute pinnacle of a driver who has zero natural talent or inherent feel for motorsport/F1 but literally every other possible advantage and training from a young age.

He’s what any moron playing a week of iRacing Mazdas once a year can be or picture themselves as, if only they had a rich dad.

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Elendil004 posted:

I ended up watching the first season of drive to survive and want to check out this season, is the best way just hurl 80 bucks at formula1.com or is there something I'm missing? VPNing into something feels like a pain and I like being able to watch when I have time to watch.

Yes or if you’re US based and have ESPN they carry everything. Except maybe like, Miami made it to regular ABC.

E: If you care about historical races or other content including feeder series, F1 tv is great and worth it, espn will just have the practices, qualification, and race.

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Karts but it’s Mario kart doubledash style where one driver sits backwards and throws poo poo at other teams.

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

These Polaris things look fun as gently caress in the snow holy poo poo.

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

This happened to be the weekend I was with a bunch of college friends who had never watched a formula one race and they were all eager to get explanations of the sport as the race happened.

This whole sequence I just had to be like “I’ve never seen this and I have no idea what was going on.” Lol

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Elendil004 posted:

So uh what did happen there?

Going off of memory, there was a crash that brought out a safety car after just a lap or two of intermediate tire running. The track was drying quickly and everyone knew that even despite the chaos in the pits, it would be better to change tires and take a pitlane start so you’d be on the right tires and not have to take a green flag pit stop.

Lewis was the only driver that didn’t do this and quickly got swallowed by the field and had to pit.

(It may have been going from wet>intermediate and not imternediate>dry, I forget)

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

Track was wet and parts had some rain on it during the warmup and formation lap but to 19/20 of the drivers it looked like it was drying enough to start on slicks so they ate the penalty of starting from the pit to switch out.

Wasn’t it a standing restart? Or was this the actual race start lol

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Elendil004 posted:

Alright, finished S2. S3 (2020) predictions.

Williams stops winning
All the young guys stop crashing into their teammates (but start crashing into the enemy)
As this is supposedly the last year to throw money at everything, all the big teams will dominate by throwing even more money at things.
Haas breaks into the top 3
Williams...lol, nah
There's at least one race where it's Red Bull Red Bull Red Bull Red Bull at the finish.
That disgraced Indian trump type guy shows back up with a shadow investor to win his team back.

Incorrect

Don’t try and make these types of predictions from DTS. They literally only show like, 1/4 of the drama within a season because they only have so much footage that they need to make work in the context of their stories. You’re going to miss so much of moves teams actually make other than the like, 4 drivers that they show doing some contract move to another team.

Also like, they make teammates look like they hate each other perpetually. Some do, but there’s a scene with two Mclaren drivers in 2021 where in DTS Lando says “HE PUSHED ME OFF” and it’s edited to look like the two teammates came together.

This is just an outright lie, he didn’t say that about his teammate nor did they push each other there.

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Some of my most memorably satisfying naps have been waking up after an hour because my brain managed to parse that the TV was yelling about a safety car after 40 laps of nothingness.

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Spa 98 if you’d like to understand how strategy worked with having a single reserve car for the team.

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

FAUXTON posted:

Spa 21 if you’d like to understand how strategy worked with having a single lap for the race.

Spa 21 if you'd like to figure out how a car doesn't start the race because of a crash on the formation lap, but then finishes 7th.

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Spa 2021 is both the longest and the shortest F1 race, also.

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

MustardFacial posted:

Isn't Canada 2011 like 8 hours or something?

Oh yeah you might be right, woops.

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Aphex- posted:

fokkin ell gene

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

I increasingly dislike parts limit penalties from the perspective of “all the teams will eventually take an extra engine or two” - the limits should adjust up if it’s getting to that point.

That said, uh, usually I don’t have to belabor this point by race 2. Thanks scud

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Sunk Dunk posted:

i was watching a race with my friend and he asked me what mission winnow was. and i said i had no idea but it sounded like a fake company. then i pulled their website up

:wtc:

It’s Marlboro (Philip Morris) but they can’t advertise tobacco.

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

The correct thing is to put practice on in the background if it’s live and if it’s over, watch the f1 practice highlights in case anyone had a particularly funny incident. Alternatively just check the thread and see if anyone posted anything.

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Diorama posted:

is there any way to set up an alert so that if this thread ever hits a certain PPM (posts per minute) outside of quali or the race, I get notified?

How would you know whether its about practice or cookware, though

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Saudi Arabia is so bad. The only cool moment we were ever going to get was Max's one qualifying lap two years ago but he loves walls way too much. That lap was honestly one of the most insanely cool laps I've seen, one of the few times that just how close to the edge he was came across in the broadcast. He was absolutely driving at another level. Then he binned it like a moron on the last turn.

The 'best' we can hope for is some shenanigans with the saudis involving f1 in a war and threatening to take away their passports if they don't race (again)

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Brundle: “Fred, it must be nice to be the boss of Ferrari.”
Fred: *maniacal laugh*

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Lol ferrari

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

ethanol posted:

this season is DOGSHIT

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

That said you could easily redeem this season if we get enough acts of god to keep Checo ahead of Max long enough that he starts panicking.

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

This shouldn’t get missed. Laughed out loud live.

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Pragmatica posted:

:alonso: ..... LET'S GOOOOOOOOOO!

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

There’s no way that merc is going to redesign their car enough to compete against Red Bull. I want it to happen too but this is magical thinking based off of only quotes from the team.

I’ll happily eat my words but there’s no way.

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

When I played iRacing I dutifully practiced for an hour or more a day on the first track of week one of Mazdas. I qualified great and ended up on pole for my first race. Got off the start great and then got so loving nervous that I spun completely unaided in turn 1.

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Alaois posted:

is bojack horseman the show that's just the achewood "im the guy who sucks plus i got depression" strip but stretched out over 5 seasons of a cartoon

It’s this. Everyone who likes bojack tries to sell you on 1-2 jokes and then explains that actually this cartoon for adults is very deep and cool.

It’s fine if you like it but stop selling me deep adult cartoons. Real life sucks enough, if I’m gonna watch an adult cartoon I want it to be fun with only the occasional deep hit like Futurama, not some existential bum out.

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Aphex- posted:

(we don't talk about the reboot)

gently caress you you rear end in a top hat.

(I didn’t know it was rebooted. I won’t look it up.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Instead of watching the next race I’m going to watch good futurama.