Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
this is my first year watching f1 since i got into it from sim racing. having a lot of fun following so far. gonna have to keep up on this thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021

the milk machine posted:

do you have a cool sim pit thing or vr or what

using triple monitors at the moment and racing formula vee/f4 cars. gonna try to make my way to (virtual) f1 eventually.

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
lol the sargent shirts on williams website are sold out in xl and 2xl. hell yes

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021

Pragmatica posted:

alright - who wants:

quote this so it makes it easy for me (or send me a PM)

you inspired me

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
i really wanted to go to a race this year but wow some of the ticket prices are insane. austin might be the only US race that is semi-affordable out of the 3

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
catch me goonin in the hole

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
he;s just easy to hate on because he looks so goofy. i wonder what he'd look like with a shaved head

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
it's funny to see the juxtaposition of what the "top" teams think is failure versus everyone else. there is something nice about watching midfield teams scrape points and get excited about it. very relatable

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
for people that have been watching for a while: do you want lewis to break the championship record before he retires? why or why not?

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021

a pipe smoking dog posted:

anyway Max is going to win for like next 3+ years so dehumanize yourself and face to bloodshed

i respect max if only for the way he absolutely stunts on sim racers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaD-H8loNpg

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
dont be so mean to zak. he reminds me of someones dad who is in over their head at work but means well

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
Ferrari: Sanchez, head of aerodynamics, has resigned - https://www.formu1a.uno/terremoto-ferrari-sanchez-capo-degli-aerodinamici-ha-dato-le-dimissioni/

F1 announces additional ticket on-sale dates for Las Vegas Grand Prix - https://www.fox5vegas.com/2023/03/09/f1-announces-additional-ticket-on-sale-dates-las-vegas-grand-prix/

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
Gotta listen to something while you wait for work to be over

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
there is no ethical consumption under f1

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
just realized i will never win the drivers championship :(

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021

daslog posted:

People play online games that don't have chest detection? That seems like a bad idea and a lovely developer

EA and codemasters sends their regards

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021

MustardFacial posted:

Take Italian media for what you will, but sounds like Freddy is trying to pull a Ross Brawn and fire all of the Italians.

google translate link: https://www-quotidiano-net.translat...&_x_tr_pto=wapp

Original Italian: https://www.quotidiano.net/blog/turrini/v2-e-la-ferrari-di-vigna-e-vasseur-senza-sanchez-5.7924

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=st3MP6C-cMo

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021

tony quidtana posted:

lmao just lmao if you watch any pre race poo poo. I got pissed when MotoGP started doing 30 minutes of pre race build up instead of 15 so I had to skip even more time.

but you are posting in a thread about it, which is pre-pre race build up. checkmate atheist

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
there should be a race every weekend

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
im starting to think the fia might not know what they are doing

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
i fear im becoming a max verstappen fan

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
its ok im balancing it out by being a logan sargeant fan

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

I said it last year and I still stand by it, racing in karts at Monaco

if f1 continues this trajectory into america, we will soon have an nba/nfl/nascar style all star race where we do karts

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021

ethanol posted:

The pace car cleans up all the poop max leaves on the track because he poops and pees immediately upon getting in the car. It’s the only place he feels comfortable to do that these days. His private jet has a race car cockpit installed in it so he can poo and pee there on long trips

id take that job if i could talk to max for a couple mins after

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
ferrari is funny. i was watching DTS and charles had his engine stop working. then i turn on the first race this season, charles engine stops working. i turn on a review of the 2008 season, and in the first race the ferrari engine fails.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

e: also a mod should add this to my profile ty

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021

ethanol posted:

you dog faced pony soldier

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
man you guys are getting me hyped for the next race

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
I have a dumb question. Why do the names of the constructors change so much? For example I saw someone mention Audi and I was thinking to myself Audi doesn’t have a team that I know of. Then I saw they will be replacing Alfa.

Is this branding, or the manufacturer supplying the parts?

When Andretti gets in his team will be called something like Jimmy johns freaky fast Andretti GMC I’m lovin it

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
I think it’s kinda cool they mix road and ovals in Indy

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
max was just bodying people online in iracing this week in the new formula ford car. this is why i like him, never stops racing. kiss me max

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
you gotta watch chechnya 46 if u want real racing

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
hi gene

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
lmao gene please

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
RIP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SMhxOgf7ys

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
i was watching a race with my friend and he asked me what mission winnow was. and i said i had no idea but it sounded like a fake company. then i pulled their website up

:wtc:

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021

The Big Jesus posted:

You should see their twitter. They post like the highest person ever and get maybe 2 replies.

it sounds like they trained a version of chat GPT with linkedin posts

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
is anyone here like a dubai prince or anything that's also a fan of F1? im looking to get put up in a palace and watch a race

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
i like how with vegas they are like the ticket comes with free food and (some kind?) of drinks! only 1500!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
i had the same question about watching practice in general

e: we talkin about practice

NOT A GAME

NOT A GAME

we talkin bout PRACTICE