Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

MustardFacial posted:

George Russell loving sucks.

:hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

Arc Hammer posted:

Lewis, Nando and Esteban are the only ones who didn't come from cash and connections. Everyone else gets there by tossing cash around.

Racing costs money :confused:

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

Motorcycles are better than cars. :colbert:

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

tony quidtana posted:

no its a GSX-R in Telefonica livery lol

Why don’t you own a Ducati serious question

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

spaceblancmange posted:

that's how he always looks :confused:

Yes, perpetually thinking, “why am I even here?”

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

busalover posted:

The Saudis have all the money in the world, and this is the track they come up with? Just build some multi-billion Trackmania insanity out in the desert. Why not done?

afaik this is a temporary track while a "real" track is being built but that might also/instead be miami :confused:

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

Yeah most motorcycle crash videos are full of crashes that are largely avoidable. Just lots of hot heads with more bike than brains.

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

drunkill posted:

hoping for a six car turn 1 pileup

a real chump posted:

Crash on turn one and they finish under SC anyway

spaceblancmange posted:

i guess they could restart it with a rolling SC start but we are on lap 58 and the SC lap would count as the last???

a real chump posted:

Wait wtf are they literally going back out to finish on track after 1 corner

lol more of a farce than abu dhabi bring back masi

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

MustardFacial posted:

If Merc got the 2022 results overturned, why would they give the WDC to the driver who came in *checks notes* 6th place? The WDC would go to Charles and Lewis would still have not won a race since Brazil 21.

I believe you will recall Sir Lewis won Saudi Arabia, as summarized in his post race comment “I won.”

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

harperdc posted:

don't go check the Pramac bikes then.

Lmao yeah what’s with that? I thought I was imaging it but I feel like other bikes have the stickers too? Is it for the on-bike live video feed licensing or something?

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

ilmucche posted:

Don't they only run for about 45 minutes anyway? how long are the sprints?

Half distance, so ~20 minutes. It’s grueling on the riders though, and they get actually injured in crashes.

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

A 5 second penalty is kind of bullshit once you consider it was lap 1 turn 1 incident of a 2 lap race that was red flagged by turn 3 and then finished under a parade lap. They may as well have disqualified him.

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

acidx posted:

It only finished on a parade lap because he braked too late to make the corner and caused a huge accident. Yeah, they may as well have disqualified him. poo poo happens when you start pit maneuvering other cars (unless you are lewis hamilton at silverstone).

Idk I watched the replay of it last night and it doesn’t look that bad. Alonso squares off the corner which is why he and Sainz touched. A racing incident I think. Gasly and Sargent are the reasons it was red flagged.

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

SocksAndSandals posted:

I'm re-watching the 2007 season and Lewis is actually really, really good? seems to be kicking Alonso's rear end in the same car (and his first year in f1)

Lewis (Sir Lewis) won 7 championships and came in 2nd 3 times in seasons that went to the last race.

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

The Illusive Man posted:

Do anchovies next

One time I accidentally ordered a pizza with anchovies instead of artichokes. It was even worse than the Pizza Hut pizza I ate in England.

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

Khablam posted:

If you think WEC is a good form of motorsport, you are clearly delusional and have no taste. WEC stands for World Endurance Championship, not World Excitement Championship. Do you know what endurance means? It means to suffer through something unpleasant for a long time. Is that what you call entertainment? Watching cars go round and round for hours on end, with no overtaking, no drama, no action? How boring is that? That's not racing, that's just surviving. And who wants to watch survival? That's what reality TV shows are for. Go watch milf manor for 4 hours instead. WEC is like watching paint dry, except paint has more colour and variety than WEC cars with their dumbass liveries. If you want to watch racing that isn't F1, try demolition derby or lawn mower racing. Anything is better than WEC.

Endurance races are cool actually just not in cars because cars are for dorks who are scared of bikes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WT02eA61ErY

I am not Frond sorry thread.

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

I spotted this on the train this morning, while on the slowest municipal transport system in the country.

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

I haven't read through the post yet but this format sucks.

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

Max’s Q2 time was faster than pole. He’s definitely going to end up in at least 2nd of the Formula 1 Miami Autocross.

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

ArmZ posted:

actually perez had a faster q1...

I see Max fastest in Q1 and Q2 on Wikipedia (and faster than Perez by 4-5 tenths). I mean it's definitely his fault he is in 9th, but I don't think that means he's not just going to power to the front tomorrow. I guess we'll find out :hehe:

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

I am watching Fraiser.

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

Anime Store Adventure posted:

Can a modern f1 car even keep all 4 tires in contact on the corkscrew lol

Make them all race in 80s turbo cars.

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

njsykora posted:

F1 is way too loud for Laguna Seca, which despite being in a loving desert has a stricter noise limit than Brands Hatch which is actually in a village.

A dreary suburban wasteland has been built around the track. They have races there still, but not sure on what the noise limit is. I know there are 105dB track days.

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

That's not bad, I think I've raced at places with under 100. That's with old bikes though, I guess cars are a bit different.

Yeah I think 105 is fine. Thunderhill and Sonoma are both 103. Most days are Laguna are like 90 though. My bike is stock so I’m good to go regardless :cool:

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

90 is like basically NHTSA stock isn't it? That's like 86 or something? I wish they did rules not by decibels but by how good it sounds. A 90 degree v twin high redline with carbon cans sounds awesome, a Harley with straight pipes sounds like total rear end. Ninja twins sound intolerable with all exhausts.

For whatever reason, in California (modern) motorcycles have to be 80dB while cars are allowed to be 95dB :confused: As such, most cars that would be tracked will be over the limit, even before you factor in all the mods people make. The sound limit is sort of absurd anyway because 1.) the track predates the housing, 2.) everyone knows where the sound-booth is and just rolls off, and 3.)

This is totally fine and passes scrutineering lol

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

harperdc posted:

Nürburgring 24 Hour is live and without geoblock for most places (including the U.S. amazingly) now on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QamjyNCypg

What are the classes? I see white, yellow, blue, and green headlights.

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

:wth: 23 classes lol how do they know who they're racing against? do they just divide the classes broadly and sort out the details at the end?

also i missed all the night racing.

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

Arc Hammer posted:

I feel so bad for Lando Norris this season. Every interview he's done he sounds chronically depressed and he keeps blaming himself for fuckups. I know he doesn't want to blame the team because goddamn that pit crew worked hard to fix the car in time for Qualifying but he's got to stop blaming himself when the car is so poo poo and he and the pit crew have to deal with it together.

He’s a dork.

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

Witeldram posted:

I don't care how nice Monaco is, this place looks so claustrophobic to live in

Is it nice though?? TheBacon please advise.

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

TheBacon posted:

It didn’t feel anymore claustrophobic than Amsterdam, honestly prob less so. It was certainly very pretty but also all the yachts should be seized and the billionaires put in the chipper so who can really say if it is nice.

uninterrupted posted:

It's weird, there's no like, normal shops. Everything is some luxury store selling $100k something, even at the stores you pop into to grab cigs.

I wouldn't call it claustrophobic, but until you've wandered around enough to know where the public elevators are it's rough to go up and down the streets.

Yeah I'm just curious what somewhere like Monaco is actually like. I imagine Monaco is heavily resting on laurels and wonder how much of it is tasteless crap preying on rubes versus actually nice things for people who live there, and not just necessarily the super rich.

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

Checo wdc confirm/deny

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

tony quidtana posted:

Did Williams find their floor in a bin or something???

excuse my this is clearly an extremely low drag design

ilmucche posted:

didn't he repeatedly hit a bunch of people last week in monaco? that race was a bore until the rain came

that might've been my avatar, actually

he hit at least 2 people if not 3. one was george russell though who both caused and deserved it

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

i am watching the race and brundle just said "the chinaman"

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

smackfu posted:

I watched that Isle of Man TT documentary the other day.

https://youtu.be/ihH5uDUaqRE

Wasn’t super awesome how they left you hanging for a few minutes after a bad crash whether one of the main protagonists was dead or not.

I haven’t watched the senior TT yet so I’m not going to any googling, but there were not on-camera crashes this year that I saw, if the risk of seeing someone die is putting off anyone from watching.

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

tony quidtana posted:

Leclerc is taking this a lot better than Marc Marquez is with Honda being poo poo in motogp. He was flipping off the bike and ended up crashing 3 times in qualifying lmao

It does have a whiff of a meltdown but honestly it's way more understandable to me given the personal risk. I cannot believe he didn't get black flagged for running across a live track.

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

Checo going to be behind Alonso after next race lol

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

Sunk Dunk posted:

alright so we have fp1 and quali tomorrow. and then a sprint shootout and a sprint on saturday. can someone explain this format

People tune in every day so they make more money on advertising.

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

Fahrenheit is better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

When you could be watching Heat on DVD??