Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

it never is it's always fake

Nice jinx

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal
Aston Martin really hosed up reading the weather map huh, two pits in a row from second place certainly isn't gonna help.

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal
Stroll going for....

a stroll

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal
Does anybody know how red bull is cheating yet or is it a mystery

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal
This grojean character seems cursed

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal

FAUXTON posted:

where'd carloss crash this time

E: https://racingnews365.com/major-sponsor-for-verstappen-and-dutch-gp-quits

drat how toxic does your team and driver have to be for literal money launderers to be pulling their sponsorship

it sounds like this is part of the cleanup of the money laundering though

quote:

"We are a very good food retailer, but only in the Netherlands and a bit in Belgium. We invest more than 20 million euros in sports sponsorship every year, but I can only spend every euro once. We cannot return the money that goes to Max to the customer, or put it into sustainability or health."

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal
Max has no idea he's violating track limits. At the second warning he said "what?" And on the black and white flag his response was "where?!?" lmao

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal

ilmucche posted:

Tsunoda got a penalty booooo

Broadcast the radio message where they tell him please

5 seconds is going to rip any points away from him this race lol poor guy

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal

Sunk Dunk posted:

also just how bad is that williams car? albons radio after the race said that was about the best they could do with that car. if your absolute best is 16th, jesus christ

tony quidtana posted:

Did Williams find their floor in a bin or something???

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal
It feels like DTS selects 5 teams to focus on for the season, and then swap out for storylines. I can't remember seeing Aston Martin anywhere in the show and they dropped focus on Williams after two years of "yeah they're still the underdog lol".

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal

uninterrupted posted:

Racing point force India was turned into Aston Martin (spoilers I guess?)

Ugh wait I thought I had this mapped out. Didn't racing point force India, with the pink cars, become Alpine?

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal

Dr. Gojo Shioji posted:

No, the pink was because of BWT sponsorship. BWT moved sponsorship from (T)Racing Point/Aston Martin to Alpine (which is the renamed factory Renault team).

Ohhhh ok and Stroll just took his money over to Aston Martin trying to buy a win for his kid. Somebody should make an infographic about this for new folks

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal

:laffo: "yeah, we know it's bad, that's why we end up in last place. Duh."

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

might as well, nobody is going to copy whatever they come up with. Hell, make it a youtube series and take suggestions on the design from randos in the comments.

A crowd-source engineered car would surely do at least a little better than where they're at

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1-daniel-ricciardo-espn-canadian-gp/10480415/

motorsport.com posted:

Ricciardo will join Toronto-born comedian Will Arnett for the Montreal race and similar broadcasts of the Austin and Las Vegas races later in the year.

Lol what the hell is this

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal

Thanks Ants posted:

It’s a bit mad how there was this expectation that Ferrari would kick on after last year as they only really needed to fix the reliability, and since then you’ve had Aston come out of nowhere after presumably using last year to learn about what aero is, and Mercedes throw a concept completely into the bin and start again and now Ferrari are 4th.

Didn't Aston Martin install a Honda engine? I wouldn't say that's "coming out of nowhere" as much as "buying a piece of red bull dominance"

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal
Alonso: if I didn't have to lift and coast, I could have caught red bull

Verstappen: if I didn't have a dead bird in my break ducts, I could have ended 30s ahead

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1-cost-cap-loophole-closed-off-by-fia/10486591/

Well, here's one loophole (of many) closed for the big teams. I would have rather preferred a dictate that any "free" data from "partnerships" be distributed to every team, but forcing the big teams to afford the data is at least a step in the right direction.

Though what's to stop red bull from buying the million dollar research data for $6?

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal
I'm a DTS-entrant fan and can still massively enjoy watching Russell slam his car's rear end into the wall trying to keep up with Hamilton.

It's a good sport

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal
How about them new extremely long drs-train inducing Vegas straights?

I'd rather watch drivers struggle with no straights on Sonoma than watch a Vegas traffic simulation

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal
I already do not understand why formula E has human drivers. Make the engineers program AI to whip them around the track and fully deliver the sport to nerds.

Once it's developed well enough, port some real-time driving assists to F1

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal

Diet Crack posted:

I see the editing worked

Well then what really happened

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal
What wall, Austria is one of the safest tracks to fall off of. The pit wall is the closest danger.

Far more chances of cars running into the backs of each other as they brake late to catch redbull

E; AWS "closest to the wall" ai on break this week

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal

Dirk Pitt posted:

Confused. Is this qualifying for the GP? So what’s the point of the sprint now?

What if racing, but more???

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

lmao at Albon explaining that he didn’t know about his track limits until 20 laps later, so by the time he knew he was exceeding track limits, he had already done it enough to get a penalty

He also said the FIA doesn’t have enough people watching footage to alert people earlier

Did his team not know? I thought I heard albon complaining that his team didn't tell him about the black and white until after he hit the penalty

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal

Khablam posted:

Unless they start painting white lines in the middle of the kerbs or behind them you're going to see these ridiculous situations where the racing line is very literally meant to be out of bounds. Making the sport about who can work out how to take the corner least wrong is dumb and it's why the stewards put their note it has to change.

They took the kurbs out in turn 9&10 in 2020 because teams complained that hitting it so often was ruining their cars
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/kerbs-removed-austria-spares-headache/4821231/

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal

SocksAndSandals posted:

There's no reason Ferrari can't win any of the remaining races

They're bad at strategy and even in 2023 get caught up with double-boxing, op

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal

Custard Undies posted:

Yeah, wtf! 3rd fastest overall.

Faster than verstappen on the straights, an insane stat against the Honda engine and rb aero

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal
Clearly if Perez is allowed to qualify 2nd, the chance of a first lap wreck between them goes up to 75%. Red Bull is protecting their assets by making Perez start at the back of the grid.

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal

Modulo16 posted:

I came here to express excitedly about Lando. I can’t see RBR staying ahead past this season. It’s open season. Except Ferrari, they seem to enjoy the masochism.

lmao the second verstappen was told he wasn't in first, he opened up enough to beat him in the third sector alone. He's got more pace that he's not flaunting right now.

Best qualifying all year though, hands down

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal

Simplex posted:

You know who sat at the pit exit almost as long as Perez and was directly behind him in line? Logan Sargeant. Except he got out of Q1.

Lmfao

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal
Both Ferrari going with early hard tyres before anybody else in the top 10 makes a decision.

Let's see if this idiocy pays off for once

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal
Full safety car gently caress yes let's go race this poo poo

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal
Why the gently caress did Norris take hards?!?

I thought we were racing today my god mclaren

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal
Lando appropriately pissed off at Zak right now

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal
McLaren, watching Ferrari give up the race with awful put strategy, thinking "we can do that!"

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal
Piastri come on Lewis is weak! GET IN THERE

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal

LochNessMonster posted:

First while passing completely off track and now this.

"Gasly was driving mean"

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal
And a big gently caress you to all the "guess it's bedtime" shitheads at the start of the race. Best weekend of the season

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal
Williams currently tied with Haas, and ahead of Alfa/Alpha.

An amazing loving year for albon