Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
Gutey should trade Rodgers and then immediately resign.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

Love needs weapons

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

Fair

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

The Packers should only draft offense. gently caress defense.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

Wasting Love's prime

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

Wait a minute, did the Vikings win this sorry rear end division last year?? Lmao

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

This Packers draft sure is something

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

Inside the Packers War Room

Ryan Gutekunst: let's draft bad players instead of good ones.

Mark Murphy: that's genius. I knew I was right to hire you despite literally nobody else wanting to.

Matt Lafleur: I'm gay.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

Is it finally okay for us to acknowledge that Justin Fields is bad?

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

How many seconds, on average, did Fields have to throw? Watching it live, I felt like he had plenty of time to throw but that he was actually just not very good at throwing it. Because he's bad.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

Packers having a pretty great 2023 so far

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

Love is fine. He missed an open shot to Doubs on their second to last drive but he didn't have many bad throws. He drew two big PI calls too.

AJ Dillon tripping over himself and failing to get first downs was the killer.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

We're going to get annihilated by the Saints, so it really sucks to drop this one.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

Hire Dom Capers. I bet he could actually do something with this much talent on defense.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

Holy shitballs this Packers team is awful

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

Fire Joe Barry, yes, but also everyone else, including the GM.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Especially the GM.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

Bench Love, sign literally anyone

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

SKULL.GIF posted:

... why? This would be one of the worst decisions they can make right now. This team isn't making the playoffs, you have to see if Love is the guy or not. Maybe these 6 games are just growing pains, you don't and won't really know until the end of the season. I'm leaning fairly strongly towards "not the guy" but this isn't a Jets situation.

He's not

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

Rodgers went 6-10 his first year starting. Give the kid this season and next to see if he has a bounce back like Rodgers did. Benching him now would be pointless.

If he gets injured and Sean lights it up, then go hog wild and hope for a Purdy scenario, but they picked this dude and extended him, they at least have to give him a season to play out when there's zero expectations.

Rodgers wasn't outright dogshit that year though. Love ain't winning 6 games.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

Nah I mean just go fishing for dudes bagging groceries Kurt Warner style

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

Pops Mgee posted:

Rodgers got to throw to Greg Jennings, Donald Driver, James Jones, and Jordy Nelson that year. All of Love's receivers are in year one or two.

That was Jordy's rookie year, James Jones barely played and wasn't good yet. Greg Jennings was good, but it was his 3rd year. Driver obviously was awesome and a veteran.

I don't think there's a big enough difference in receiving talent between those years to excuse Love throwing 57% and on pace for 20 INTs.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

The receivers were playing too passive, the O-line was injured and bad, and Love still doesn't have much experience. Now it seems like the receivers have a better idea of what to do, they are fighting for the ball, and the line is no longer crumbling. The line is still bad, the run game is terrible (tonight excepted), and everyone on offense is still insanely young.

But we've got green grass and bad teams in front of us and can make the playoffs if we beat teams we should beat. The only "good" team left on the Packers schedule is Minnesota, and they are actually bad.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

Give them a break. Not sure how you can expect Lions fans to completely banish their own death drives in a single season.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

Packers coming for the division title

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

Rodgers is a big ol moron, but he definitely did good team building crap. He's also still welcome on the Packers bandwagon.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

Bears Status: Still Suck

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

Jordan Love is really, really good.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

Dexo posted:

The Bears defense got hosed when they lost two corners and Eberflus seemingly had no faith in his backups to play man on blitzes.

But yeah it was a loving dire gameplan. "Hey guys, Jordan Love falls to poo poo when pressured, what's the plan? Uh, Rush 4 and let him find holes in Zones?"

He actually doesn't. He plays really well against the blitz.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

Jordan is good against the blitz.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

Dexo posted:

Yeah they had a bad game. I've liked what I've seen from all of these rookies. Brisker made some plays, Kyler Gordon and Tyrique Stevenson were fine.

It's just once again, if you can't generate pressure this is what happens when you play a heavy dose of Cover 2.

EJax is turbo cooked though.

They desperately need another edge, and a DT either from internal improvement taking a step, or elsewhere.

Good thing they have a billion picks. They should keep Fields.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

Dexo posted:

You need to find some way to actually pressure him. He's been fine against the Blitz but you have to do something other than just letting him throw into Cover 2 zones. Play man or loving do something if your 4 aren't getting there.

Guy's got 32 TDs. It literally doesn't matter what you do, he's gonna get his.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I unironically don't want the Bears to draft a good QB. They should keep Fields, because he is bad.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm just glad the Packers are finally done with their rebuild.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

Shmtur posted:

It was a rough few months of uncertainty but the universe is back in order.

I was worried for several weeks there. I'm glad it's over, but now at least I can appreciate what Bears fans are going through, having been there myself. Don't worry guys, it gets better.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

Canned Sunshine posted:

Not for the Bears it doesn't

That's the joke

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

CharlestheHammer posted:

I mean the Packers only scored 17. Whether you force a punt or not isn’t terribly important

The refs jobbed them out of 4, LaFluer hosed them out of 3, and their rookie kicker also cost them 3. The game was never particularly close and it was obvious the Packers were getting anything they wanted.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

Canned Sunshine posted:

Must be nice to always be happy in life thanks to football

Yea

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm really liking what I'm hearing out of Halas Hall. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

Niwrad posted:

He hired the offensive coordinator! Eberflus wanted to install the Green Bay offense here.

They either bring Fields back for his 3rd OC in 4 years. Or they draft a QB who will play 1 year under a lame duck coach and then have to learn a whole new system the following year. The franchise never ever learns.

Which is hilarious because Getsy interviewed for and didn't get the Green Bay OC job. That should have been a big red flag.