Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Get the gently caress out of my division :byewhore:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

xbilkis posted:

If the Bears paid Roquan he'd be a non-impact guy here too

I think he'd still be pretty good here, but he'd look a hell of a lot worse without a good D Line to actually let him setup

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
God, I feel bad for Howell

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
So how has Darnell Wright been doing this season? I generally feel like the O-lineman that aren't being discussed tend to be playing well, but does he seem like he's gonna be a solid piece at RT for the foreseeable future?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
And people continue to be allowed to murder fields while sliding

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Bird in a Blender posted:

I have a feeling everyone’s getting fired and Bears are getting a new QB after this one.

Gonna be great watching another promising QB get murdered by the terrible O-Line and chucked out of town in 4 years

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
God, the sheer inability to tackle is astounding

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Scipiotik posted:

I don't think you do, if you can't get your team to compete in a chance to knock your hated rivals out of the playoffs you are not the guy.

He only gave up 17 points, therefore it was a great defensive effort :shepicide:

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
Bring me Greg Roman *pounds table*

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

I've been very happy with Wright, held down the right tackle very well and I can barely remember him ever loving up, which is all I really want in a O-Lineman

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

surf rock posted:

Thought today's mock draft from The Athletic beat writers was fun.

- #1: Bears stay and take Caleb Williams
- #9: Bears trade back with the Broncos (who take J.J. McCarthy) in exchange for #12, #76, and a 2025 fourth
- #11: Vikings take Dallas Turner, edge
- #12: Bears take Jared Verse, edge
- #25: Packers take Nate Wiggins, corner
- #29: Lions take Kool-Aid McKinstry, corner

So, aside from Williams, all four teams predicted to take either an edge rusher or corner.

Probably worth noting that MHJ/Nabers/Odunze/Alt/Fashanu went before the Bears pick, and DeJean went before the Packers pick.

They also predicted Fields being traded to New England for #68. That compensation seems low, though.

I dont hate it overall, I was really thinking about how we need to fix the defense as it has been the biggest problem the last 2 seasons (though it showed life after the Sweat trade) AND Caleb's biggest problem in college came from trying to do miracles to save USC from it's horrible defense. I feel like ensuring the defense is decent more important than drafting a great #2 receiver as part of fixing Caleb's issues

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
I just want them to sign another starting caliber D-Lineman

Are they just sitting around waiting to see if Danielle Hunter will sign with them?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Niwrad posted:

I feel like I'm the only one who doesn't want them to take Bowers. First round tight ends have been more bust than boom lately. It also seems like the league has adjusted to the receiving tight end explosion we saw 10 years ago (not having linebackers cover them for instance).

I'd much rather the Bears focus on offensive and defensive line if a top end receiver isn't available. But it seems like they just don't give a poo poo about that and think having a bunch of tight ends that your QB will not have time to throw to will win you games.

Yeah, I'd rather take D-Line help if there isn't a top receiver available. Or even trade down to get some more mid-rounders for depth

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/adamjahns/status/1767982941525733672

Some O-Line depth

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
Yeah, that seems like a very good use of a 4th

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
The bears will likely have their pick of pass rushers at 9 right?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Dejan Bimble posted:

man caleb williams already has some serious weapons. how is the bears offensive line? will they be looking to draft more guys there?

It's ok, good rookie RT, decent cheap LT, Tevin Jenkins is very good when healthy at guard. They brought in a bunch of new guys to try to upgrade at the other guard and at center.

They were probably a net positive last year when healthy, so I have decent hopes for this year

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Mike N Eich posted:

it's surreal to see people attack Caleb for crying, talking to his mom and painting his nails - it feels like I've entered a timewarp from 2004 and the most rote, crass homophobia. But then of course, we're talking about football, the apotheosis of American male heterosexual projection, and it makes sense.

So, I hope he succeeds and gets gayer

Gonna demand the throwback unis have leather helmets and pants

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

HootTheOwl posted:

So what's happening in arlington heights

Bears are gonna tap into the modern pulse of retail economics and build Northbrook Court West

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
Almost shocked they made the right call