Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Burns
May 10, 2008

Anthony Beevor is profoundly moronic. He has real old man historian energy and doesnt actually understand people. My favourite example is his comparison of occupied paris and paris during liberation. He found some journals of olds stating how quiet the city was when the germans rolled in (because everyone was walking on eggshells) and how respectful zee germans were and compared it to liberation when the city exploded into a party because thats what happens when a million 20 year old american kids roll into town with money to spend and girls yo imprsss. Hes a dumb mothefucker.

Burns fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Mar 7, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burns
May 10, 2008

This has been the theme from the get-go basically.

Burns
May 10, 2008

Toxic Mental posted:

Unnamed source but seems to line up with everything we've seen so far. Human Wave attacks basically.

https://twitter.com/JayinKyiv/status/1634108360151691265?s=20

Thats brutal. Gotta say at this rate a UA counterattack might actually save more Russians.

Burns
May 10, 2008

Reminds me of the MK1 fighter ladder.

Burns
May 10, 2008

Bless your heart.

Burns
May 10, 2008

Deki posted:

Speaking of, I just heard that Gonzalo Lira got booted out of Ukraine for materially helping the Russian army. Apparently he narc'd out a bunch of other collaborators to avoid any punishment but being kicked out of the country.
Lol, LMAO

Burns
May 10, 2008

Russian propaganda. Now that poo poo is cringe.

Speaking of, has the west done anything to gently caress with Russia's beloved propagandists? Besides sanctions?

Burns
May 10, 2008

zone posted:

e: A new recruitment drive for another 400,000 mobiks has been issued in Russia. Where did the last 300,000 go? :thunkin:

They're just out of frame, having a great time.

Burns
May 10, 2008

the holy poopacy posted:

Jesus, that's some insane victim blaming game.

"What kind of barbaric civilization would let their women get shot on the battlefield by invaders? It's a good thing those culturally superior invaders are there to shoot them."

The USSR had no problem with this. Stranhe how its supposed descendant is so... backwards.

Burns
May 10, 2008

Flavahbeast posted:

Cant believe the extremist website I am technically forbidden to use would do this

https://mobile.twitter.com/yarotrof/status/1636090754891235336

Well I'll be. Russia gets something right for once.

Burns
May 10, 2008

In tomorrow's news: RU airbase annihilated by HIMARS strike. (I imagine it was a Crimea based fighter)

Burns
May 10, 2008

Roblo posted:

Hahahaha the Guardian is reporting that Russia has given awards to the pilots that 'intercepted' the drone.

"Preventing the violation of the borders of the special operation area by the American MQ-9 Reaper drone".

Absolute clownshoes military.

I believe the term for these is "participation trophies".

Burns
May 10, 2008

Lol if theres a legit bounty to bring him in. It would have to be like a billion at this point lol.

Burns
May 10, 2008

I wonder how far along the US is with stealth drones.

Burns
May 10, 2008

Lol if KFC was the state dinner.

Burns
May 10, 2008

LazerPig is not an authority on anything as far as i know. In the meaning of professional expertise that is.

Also the Russians totally want tech transfer from China which theyll likely get or are already receiving. If the Armata ever takes the field it will be full of Chinese tech.

Burns
May 10, 2008

zone posted:

https://twitter.com/JuliaDavisNews/status/1638679035835482113
The worst person you know made a good point, etc.

Except i dont think itll work even for the religoous right in the US because its not Ayyyrabs people being blown up.

Burns
May 10, 2008

zone posted:

https://twitter.com/KilledInUkraine/status/1639343556866236418
So how many PMCs is this now? Wagner, Rusich, Patriot, and now Konvoy?

The privatization of Russia's forces remains one of the interesting develoments of the last few years. It reminds me of when governments privative public services to make them more "efficient", but in the end those privatized services tend to poo poo the bed almost instantly. Its seems all the graft and corruption were just part of the package.

Burns
May 10, 2008

I just want that Wagner cocksucker Prigozin to eat a drone or shell. gently caress that guy.

Burns
May 10, 2008

Rusboi propagandists exploding puts smile on Burns' face.

Burns
May 10, 2008

I wonder who he managed to piss off that went beyond just driving up to him in a black unmarked car and unloading an automatic into him.

Burns
May 10, 2008

McGavin posted:

On Canadian radio they said that he was critical of the war, but left out that he was critical because it wasn't brutal enough. :ughh:

Lol. Can i ask which news station this was? Canadian news is awful, just the worst milktoast poo poo ever.

Burns
May 10, 2008

Russia status downgraded to mini-boss.

Burns
May 10, 2008

Is it just me or have daiky updates from defmon etc really dried up lately?

Burns
May 10, 2008

That suggests to me that the ruble has recovered.

Burns
May 10, 2008

shadow puppet of a posted:

Professional Russian Thing Burner-Downer is 2023's best new job title.

Godspeed you little cigarette stubs and now also... balloons..

China strikes at last!

Burns
May 10, 2008

I read somewhere that Russia wants to bring in Indian labour to shore up their economy.

Burns
May 10, 2008

Im listening to ep 36 of Lions Led by Donkeys episode on the Donbass War. This ep is from January 2019 so its got some insights years well before feb 2022.

Burns
May 10, 2008

OG is totally gonna run for it. This dude is so amazingly hosed.

Burns
May 10, 2008

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

My Yandex email has a mobilization order in it

*Insert meme of crying dude saluting*

Burns
May 10, 2008

So apparently bellingcat found the leaker

Burns
May 10, 2008

OctaMurk posted:

the other people on the discord are probably all fine and didnt actually commit any crimes. Most of them are literally kids lol. the kid who took the pics and leaked them even further might be in trouble though

They might get their electronic devices confiscated. Better hide your video card!!

Burns
May 10, 2008

Lol, lmao.

Burns
May 10, 2008

People have gone to war over much much less buckaroo.

Burns
May 10, 2008

It is only a matter of time.

Burns
May 10, 2008

This conversation has strong Japanese pearl harbour thinking going on.

Burns
May 10, 2008

Toxic Mental posted:

Toiling in the meme mines, crafting my discord post

So what youre saying is he's about to start playing Minecraft for real.

Its... almost fitting.

Burns
May 10, 2008

Or the... what? Why hadnt the CIA drowned this dumb bitch?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Burns
May 10, 2008

Saw this article in my news feed today.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2023/04/narcissists-who-endanger-america/673723/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burns
May 10, 2008

But what about all of those ukronazis??