Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
no, they get the officer to go and garnish enlisted wages

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
absolutely not.

argentinian revenge for las malvinas

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Cthulu Carl posted:

Maybe if we all go back to calling Russia Muscovy Putin will end the war because then he no longer has to settle for being 'president', he can be Grand Duke.

why settle for callin it grand duke when you can call it Megaduke

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Megas_doux

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
the only coherent individual vehicle that if you blew it up would unquestionably be casus belli for ww3 is an aircraft carrier

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
both the criminals and the investigators, then

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
that starbucks has literally hundreds of nukes from every serious nuclear power aimed at it

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
you're looking at a man who has about a 10% chance to survive the year

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
it aint his living memory

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Der Kyhe posted:

I said this just recently and say it again, Macron is playing to win the title of "most spineless European leader during the Ukraine war". That will surely puts his name into the history books.

i mean, they wont forget about chamberlain neither

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Warm und Fuzzy posted:

Even just saying it though. Could you imagine this level of insubordination any place else but Russia? I feel like running your mouth like that would get an enlisted service member a special court martial.

you actually saw comparable stuff in the pla for a long while. there was that one time that one colonel in the pla decided to attack the russians in an island on the border cuz he felt like it

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
1969 came really close to buttfuck insane war betw the prc and ussr. just another crazyass thing that happened in the cultural revolution

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
wars get started by old men but young men are the ones to fight them. thats just how young men are nowadays

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
this is a twitter repost of r/ncd

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

NTRabbit posted:

Much like Nazi Germany, Fascist Russia is obssessed with displays of masculine strength as a form of demonstrating their power to themselves, and anyone watching.

Also much like Nazy Germany, Fascist Russia is completely unaware of how deeply homoerotic it all is.

rohm was gay as gently caress before they stabbed him

its a pretty consistent weird thing that happens

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
its worth that the first notions of courts were not originally to enforce impersonal laws, they were in order to put a limit to vendetta. Hammurabi's principle of "an eye for an eye" was intended as a maximum upper limit to vendetta for example. same deal w the ancient hebrews

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

BigRoman posted:

War in Ukraine: I feel Trump planned this better.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

khwarezm posted:

You say that is the comedy option, but is there any genuine possibility of that?

his dad came into power by selling out his own peeps

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

steinrokkan posted:

No, Kadyrov's got the best deal possible under Putin, he's de facto a sovereign prince who has all his whims fulfilled by Russia, which pays him a tribute in exchange for brutalizing the populace (which he enjoys). He doesn't have to run a country, he can just lounge around and torture people on Moscow's buck. The flip side of that is, there's plenty of Chechens who hate that he is Moscow's goon and a disgrace to his people, and who would be very happy to murder him if he ever fell out of grace.

just leave him there if he switches allegiance, simple enough

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
are we sure they werent lying about the casualties, in addition to peeps speculating about them lying about the ammo shortage to stockpile ammo

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Doesn't Russia have like, an air force or something? How the gently caress does a convoy march on the capital of a country with a big military?

hot dog man by most accounts is pretty chummy w the air force

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
if you need metaphors, someone already mentioned kornilov. who did his thing 6 weeks before the 1917 civil war cracked open in earnest

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

parthenocarpy posted:

Probably the most accurate thing written here

People who think their knowledge of the world or history is in any way useful or practical here are nuts. This is war driven chaos where anything happens. You can hope for change in Russia, in the meanwhile the circus continues and Putin is the ringmaster

Like, for real, what does this poo poo even mean?

its not the first insane period of chaos in history, tho, is the deal

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
we know what the close call was, its the july 1 deadline to sign all the wagner dudes to the regular military

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
this is frankly the behavior of a lotta peeps who got blue balled

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
the doubt and the confusion are also characteristic of the kornilov thing, which will always be shrouded in confusion and mystery because the serious revolution kicked off 6 weeks after

so it may not be over yet

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
prigozhin is the money and pr guy. there will prolly be high commissions for wagner peeps but not prigozhin himself. but hes still real important to the organization because wagners recruitment advantage compared to regular army is reliable high pay

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Sophy Wackles posted:

Putin should have allowed Prigozhin to complete the coup and handed the country over to him. Prigozhin, could then have ended the war, withdrawn all troops, paid reparations, etc and Putin could gently caress off to his mansion forever with without having personally lost the war.

some aspect of prigozhin himself thinking about this and realizing that he himself didnt want to deal with that crap is almost certainly a factor in why he's not shogun right now

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
theyre making a sequel to lord of war

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

NihilCredo posted:

They feel more in tune with another faction:

it really is a pronounced thing how actual soldiers get into warhams a lot aint it

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
doctrine gets overruled by high command. if the plant actually goes down "just do doctrine" will be one possible decision given to biden, scholz, duda, sunak, macron, etc

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Force de Fappe posted:

Medieval Chechen warrior: "Aaight, guess I'm gonna leave my hill fort egalitarian homestead and defeat the Mongol hordes for the second time as the only people in history"

Kadyrovites: dude put me in the tiktok too

the mongols also got clapped by the viets and japanese, the problem is wrong terrain for them (hills for chechens, jungles for viets, island for japanese)

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
there is no way to lead a world power without aging like poo poo, war or no

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
you can gently caress w this in microscopy

https://www.nature.com/articles/nphoton.2009.100

i dunno if theres methods, cladestine or not, that are good for satellite imaging tho

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
they gave stefan hell, the main pi behind this poo poo, a random rear end professorship in astronomy despite all his poo poo being microscopy, looks like here

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
near field dealios w better than diffraction limit resolutions. nowadays they have a half dozen ways

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
the serious things are maps and things like that, which is why major power generals can't really do things outdoors anymore

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Arzachel posted:

As much fun as number go up/down is, due to the sanctions and currency controls imposed by Russia, the rubble value is completely arbitrary.

theres almost certainly both a black market for hard currency and peeps arbitraging the black and white market prices, so this is the show of how the currency controls failed (they always do, but to radically varying extents. sometimes 1%, sometimes 99%)

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
shell hunger seems to be a practically universal feature of serious land war

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
not many dudes in all history can credibly say that a nation exists because of their own personal courage, and of those peeps only one man also has a video of him playin piano w his dick