Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Von Pluring
Sep 19, 2003

Zelensky's Zealots
Pork Pro
Oh my, a thread about war in gbs. I'm not sure we can handle this, guys. Someone should pm the mods.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Von Pluring
Sep 19, 2003

Zelensky's Zealots
Pork Pro

zone posted:

Sexy and that's it, inspired by their knockoff Mickey D's replacement

This didn’t go unnoticed. Lol

Von Pluring
Sep 19, 2003

Zelensky's Zealots
Pork Pro

Zat posted:

By the way, Finland is expected to be a NATO member within days. The process could plausibly be finished as soon as by the end of this week.

Hungary could potentially ratify Finland today, and Turkey is expected do so on Wednesday. After that it's only a matter of finalizing the paperwork.

Excellent, that would leave Sweden as the only non-NATO country in the region. Whoops. gently caress Turkey and gently caress Hungary.

Von Pluring
Sep 19, 2003

Zelensky's Zealots
Pork Pro

Alan Smithee posted:

italy pizza sucks

It really, really doesn't. Stay away from tourist traps.

Von Pluring
Sep 19, 2003

Zelensky's Zealots
Pork Pro
https://www.expressen.se/nyheter/ambassadens-hot-mot--sverige-legitimt-mal/

My translation:
The Russian embassy in Stockholm states on its website that Sweden will become "a legitimate target for Russian retaliation" if the country joins NATO.

According to ambassador Viktor Tatarintsev Sweden will become a vassal state and an "American colony."

Weird how all Russia's neighbors seem to prefer that to Russian aggression!

Von Pluring
Sep 19, 2003

Zelensky's Zealots
Pork Pro

NoiseAnnoys posted:

counterpoint, don't get pizza anywhere in venice. venitians just can't do it properly, eat the other things that are good.

Can't disagree with that - I had terrible (touristy) pizza in Venice back in 1989.

Von Pluring
Sep 19, 2003

Zelensky's Zealots
Pork Pro

McGavin posted:

Swedish pizza should be grounds to exclude them from NATO.

I guess you’re right, some of our pizzas could be considered an escalation.

Von Pluring
Sep 19, 2003

Zelensky's Zealots
Pork Pro
User Terminal autism is a very bad person!

Von Pluring
Sep 19, 2003

Zelensky's Zealots
Pork Pro
You guys clearly dug too greedily and too deep.

Von Pluring
Sep 19, 2003

Zelensky's Zealots
Pork Pro
When people talk about Russian soldiers, they generally mean nationality, not ethnicity - and definitely not race.

Von Pluring
Sep 19, 2003

Zelensky's Zealots
Pork Pro

Tai posted:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-65315083

Abolut vodka backed down and banned exports again because the Swedes didn't like that.

They should be boycotted for even considering it. gently caress 'em.

Von Pluring
Sep 19, 2003

Zelensky's Zealots
Pork Pro

Cthulu Carl posted:

Whoa, careful now. poo poo fulfills an important role by returning nutrients to the ecosystem.

Also poop is funny.

Uh, to each their own. poo poo is not really funny after you're like 8.

But while on the subject, putin is a real tremors-having sack of poo poo and a goddamn monkey at the same time.

Von Pluring
Sep 19, 2003

Zelensky's Zealots
Pork Pro

HonorableTB posted:

putin fell down the stairs and shitted his pants and we should lol

I will lol at that though.

Von Pluring
Sep 19, 2003

Zelensky's Zealots
Pork Pro

Nooner posted:

Right but why can't you just say that this particular guy is an rear end in a top hat and maybe official UA sources shouldn't promote their troops wearing Nazi insignia? why is this the hill to die on? My feeble American mind needs you to explain this to me Mr Enlightened European I'm too distracted kissing guns and bibles to understand

The Totenkopf insignia predates the nazis if I recall correctly, but yeah, it’s not a good look. I agree with Nooner. You’d most likely not wear this symbol if you weren’t a nazi…

Von Pluring
Sep 19, 2003

Zelensky's Zealots
Pork Pro
My very ineffective and slow-acting country, Sweden, just asked five embassy members to gtfo. The Russian embassy building has a bunch of weird shacks on top of it, probably filled with equipment for spying. They should just close the embassy and send the Russians packing, but that's never gonna happen.

Von Pluring
Sep 19, 2003

Zelensky's Zealots
Pork Pro

Tigey posted:

*logs on in the morning to see couple of pages of posts overnight*

-Is it news about the anticipated Ukrainian counteroffensive?
-More on Tucker Carlson's sacking and Russian propaganda's reaction?
-Details of South Africa's shock supposed departure from the ICC?

No, its about a single tweet of some soldier with a nazi-adjacent skull patch and folks arguing past each-other about it for the 100th time.

Even pages of horse cum and pant-making GBS threads jokes would have been less tedious.

Well someone is gonna log on thinking the same thing and then see your post.

Von Pluring
Sep 19, 2003

Zelensky's Zealots
Pork Pro

Mokotow posted:

Fresh remains of an air-to-ground missile with Russian markings were found in a forrest outside of Bydgoszcz in Poland. This is nowhere near Ukraine but not that far from Kaliningrad. Poland is very hush about it.

Wow, really? Bydgoszcz is still like 150 miles from Kaliningrad.

Von Pluring
Sep 19, 2003

Zelensky's Zealots
Pork Pro

Cartoon Man posted:

Hope he falls out a window.

Oh no, bloodlust.

Von Pluring
Sep 19, 2003

Zelensky's Zealots
Pork Pro
I'm holding all my fingers that this counter-offensive will work. Russian invaders, gently caress off!

Von Pluring
Sep 19, 2003

Zelensky's Zealots
Pork Pro

Russia finding reasons to assassinate Zelensky again?! That really sucks - things were looking so good! drat you NATO and the west!

Von Pluring
Sep 19, 2003

Zelensky's Zealots
Pork Pro

Der Kyhe posted:

Well, I was called a right wing stooge and nazi propaganda-spewing idiot by one of this site's now ex-mods by saying that Russia uses blocking units, and shoots their own if they try to surrender or run away.

And this thread has been closed and “rebooted” several times for no real reason. It’s really gross. Some people just really love war crimes and good ol’ Russia.

Von Pluring
Sep 19, 2003

Zelensky's Zealots
Pork Pro
BTW Putin’s chef, that’s Putins kock in Swedish.

Von Pluring
Sep 19, 2003

Zelensky's Zealots
Pork Pro
Lol - swastikas are complicated

edit: regarding that Randi Nord thing

Von Pluring
Sep 19, 2003

Zelensky's Zealots
Pork Pro

Mr. Merdle posted:

I'll likely be keeping a video log while I'm in country. Thanks for the support. Definitely gonna be a hell of an experience.

Awesome, keep us posted!

Von Pluring
Sep 19, 2003

Zelensky's Zealots
Pork Pro

lifetime supply of Pocky posted:

it’s like 200, that one is easy

Also, just google "400 f to c", takes 2 seconds.

Von Pluring
Sep 19, 2003

Zelensky's Zealots
Pork Pro

quote:

Sweden's NATO application is going slowly.

On Wednesday, Hungary announced that it is postponing the vote in parliament until this fall, AP reports.

Sweden's plans to join the military alliance before the summit in Vilnius this summer thus appear to be dashed.

It is the Hungarian Member of Parliament Agnes Vadai who gives the news in a post on Facebook. There she writes that the governing party Fidesz will not schedule a vote before the parliament's summer recess.

"Orbán does not want to vote on Sweden joining NATO next week either. Putin's servant!", writes Agnes Vadai in her post, writes TT.

According to AP, several high-ranking Hungarian officials support Sweden's NATO application. But according to the news agency, at the same time they make vague demands in order to vote yes.

Together with Turkey, Hungary is the two countries that have not yet approved Sweden in NATO.

It is also not the first time that Hungary has postponed the Swedish vote. The same thing also happened earlier in March this year.

from an article in Swedish rag Expressen today. Google translated.

Von Pluring
Sep 19, 2003

Zelensky's Zealots
Pork Pro

free hubcaps posted:

Wasn't it in Sweden where that exiled Chechen activist stole a hammer from his kadyrov-sent would be assassin and beat his rear end with it?

What? Sounds awesome.

Von Pluring
Sep 19, 2003

Zelensky's Zealots
Pork Pro

HonorableTB posted:

lavrov spotted

That's loving horrible, and Lavrov is somehow even uglier. Like the most repulsive person in the world. Rotting from the inside out.

Von Pluring
Sep 19, 2003

Zelensky's Zealots
Pork Pro
https://edition.cnn.com/2023/07/10/europe/russia-putin-private-train-intl-cmd/index.html

I was going on a Interrail train trip through Europe earlier this summer and not one of the trains had a skin-tightening machine, whatever it is. Of course Putin's train has one of those, a gym and some kind of spa, which is why he looks so healthy. It's doing wonders for him.

quote:

Through the door, further down the car, a full cosmetology center is furnished with a massage table and all manner of high-end beauty equipment – including, according to a leaked document, a radio-frequency machine used to enhance the tautness of skin. The room itself, documents from the Dossier Center suggest, is outfitted to help prevent the use of listening devices.

gently caress that piece of poo poo Putin.

Von Pluring
Sep 19, 2003

Zelensky's Zealots
Pork Pro

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

It's kinda wild that these motherfuckers think they look threatening. Like these are some Star Citizen cosplay rear end looking motherfuckers.

Haha, loving dead clown army. Sorry, that's probably againt the rules of our bloodthirsty little subforum. Sorry.

Von Pluring
Sep 19, 2003

Zelensky's Zealots
Pork Pro

Tigey posted:

Plus when his domestic political situation looks shaky again at some point in the future? Well then he can once again turn around and beat the drum of nationalist populism, spinning a narrative of treacherous, racist Westerners betraying sweet innocent Turkey, and going back on their ironclad promises to admit them to the EU. As seen in Russia, a central theme throughout Putinist propaganda is that sweet innocent Russia was betrayed by the West after the Soviet Union fell ("NATO gave ironclad written guarantees it would never expand", etc), ethno-nationalist leaders love rewriting history and promulgating narratives that paint their country and people as betrayed victims.

I'm pretty sure the Swedish-Turkish relations are hosed for a long time. At the very least that's what I hope.

Von Pluring
Sep 19, 2003

Zelensky's Zealots
Pork Pro

Cartoon Man posted:

https://i.imgur.com/F382zvN.mp4

Was able to get some leave right before the start of his girl’s prom night. Lol at the dodged hug to go see her dad instead.

Goddamn it. gently caress putin and russia forever

Von Pluring
Sep 19, 2003

Zelensky's Zealots
Pork Pro

HonorableTB posted:

I really do enjoy the event where all the skiiers start shooting guns for some reason :v:

That’s biathlon, an entirely different sport that also kicks rear end.

Von Pluring
Sep 19, 2003

Zelensky's Zealots
Pork Pro
drat it, missed page 666. Hail Satan, kill putin, do drugs, gently caress Nix Panicus

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Von Pluring
Sep 19, 2003

Zelensky's Zealots
Pork Pro

Mokotow posted:

Also, he’s a real piece of poo poo.

That's old news

Von Pluring
Sep 19, 2003

Zelensky's Zealots
Pork Pro

:barf:

Von Pluring
Sep 19, 2003

Zelensky's Zealots
Pork Pro
A gangtag would be pretty sweet

Von Pluring
Sep 19, 2003

Zelensky's Zealots
Pork Pro
Q - some stupid altright/troll reddit thing
X - elon
Z - putin
V - also putin

Are there more than these?

Von Pluring
Sep 19, 2003

Zelensky's Zealots
Pork Pro

Lol, this one has multiple uses. It's a thing of beauty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Von Pluring
Sep 19, 2003

Zelensky's Zealots
Pork Pro
Lol that zone, HonorableTB and WAR CRIME GIGOLO have more posts in this thread than I have in my 20 years total on this site.

:byetankie: