Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

He claimed to be equal to Captain because that was his pay grade as a contractor, wasn't it? Lmao

Lieutenant Colonel, I believe, which is like two ranks higher and somehow all the more pathetic for it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

ItohRespectArmy posted:

i used to read a blog called the walter mitty club or some thing and i really appreciated the guys who were in really deep on the lying

like guys who spent 30 years living a fake life as an operator and it coming out that theyve just been going to london to do coke and go to crazy sex parties

dudes rock basically.

It always saddens me when I read about a case of stolen valor where they couldn’t even do the most basic loving research. It’s one thing to start spinning stories at a bar and get caught up in it, sure, whatever, but it seems like there’s always a case where a guy decides to do it and walks into an army surplus store and just grabs a handful of random insignia like, “why yes I’m a Sergeant General in the Navy, look at all of my medals from the Korean War”

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

some plague rats posted:

I can't imagine doing actual research to steal valor. gently caress it up as much as you can, you don't want to fool anyone. the whole point is to disrespect the troops as hard as possible and make fun of their stupid little bits of flair and overblown sense of self-importance where they think they deserve any respect at all.

I worked with a guy who wears one of those Vietnam Veteran hats even though hes like 30 which to me is a really good bit

Right on, tell those guys who got drafted that they’re fuckers for thinking they get to wear a special hat

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

I've been walking at night with my wife. I'm old, and fat, and I hate every part of taking a nightly walk, from the aches and pains of moving to the soreness afterwards, to the horror that is having nothing to distract me from my self-loathing for twenty minutes.

But if I don't exercise, in ten years I'll be older, fatter, and maybe not able to walk at all.

I've been thinking a lot about "I run slowly".

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2932975

drahma posted:

I run slow

I work in the social services, and a lot of the people we work with have a lot of regrets. I've asked our case managers to have their clients come out and watch me run. I run so slow, time run backwards. As I waddle along, your life runs in reverse. Scars becomes wounds become chances to exercise better judgement. I run slow.

Like most people, I enjoy running in the mornings, before it gets to hot. Unlike most people, I've been pushed over by a squirrel.

I run slow. Sometimes when I am running, I think of those zen fountains that absorb a drip drip drip of water down a bamboo tube before finally tipping over and dumping their contents into a pool. Each step I take is another drip. I think, that fountain would call me a pussy.

I run slow. But I know where I have been.

Six months ago, I didn't run.

Six months ago, I had heartburn bad enough to keep me from sleeping through the night. Six months ago, I felt like I needed to go to sleep at 2pm. And six months ago, running felt impossible.

I run slow, and I have ways to go. But I can sleep. I feel alive. I can run two, slow, miles. Slowly.

Sometimes I get discouraged. I compare where I am to where other people are. But all that matters is where I am compared to where I was.

Once something good becomes something you are going to do for the rest of your life, the pace becomes less important. I know that my drip drip drip will amount to that deluge, eventually. Someday I will run 3 miles, slowly.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

some plague rats posted:

For some reason I mentally jumbled your opening and read this as "I've been walking at night because I hate my wife." which seemed like an extremely dark opener

I mean technically I'm making her walk with me so there's an argument that I do.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Frank Frank posted:

Time to update the “Days since a sex weirdo has been outed” sign back to 0

Wait. That sign has other numbers?

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

ulvir posted:

found Jeffrey’s personal anthem

https://youtu.be/zlM0vahvauU

Really? I thought it was this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XwXliCK19Y

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

axemaniac melted down in the duke nukem forever thread and posted photoshopped pictures of the kool aid man and duke nukem having sex with microwaves mom

Didn’t he also probe a bunch of people for doubting that duke nukem would be released and would be great? I can’t remember if it was all one meltdown or if it was a pre-nukem meltdown followed by a post-nukem meltdown

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Spanish Manlove posted:

Hey what was that one goon with the fascination with trains?

*eyes roll back, ctrl+t types in "amazon.com" then "mangosteen" then mashes the buy now button*

Assuming you’re asking about Brother Jonathan, the PYF mod with absolutely no sense of humor whatsoever

Like not in a ‘ooh he’s strict’ way, in an ‘unable to parse jokes’ way, like the kind of guy who if you say “knock knock” to instead of responding “who’s there” will get up and walk to open the front door on the assumption that a visitor has arrived

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

So glad they got their poo poo together

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

TheSwizzler posted:

I'm kinda a freak

a little embarrassed its rather twisted

please don't judg me if i tell you

i like big boobens

Personally I keep my feelings about boobs completely under wraps, for no one to see

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Grassy Knowles posted:

Call me a pervert but I like it when my partners boobs are unwrapped for me to see and they like that too. Sorry to let you all down with this info about my fetish.

I'd call you a pervert but now I'm worried that's one of your fetishes, as well.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

L O and, for the record, L

CyberPingu posted:

I'd have been fine with just a ban if she was buying AVs and not blaming anyone else. But trying to dump someone else in the poo poo (regardless of what you think of them as a poster) is loving scummy.

There's also no way she would have copped to it if she hadn't been caught.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

watching stux lol at the thread in real time, and remembering when i was lolling at the same things 2 hours ago. ftw

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

from one skeleton to another well hey there baby

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Arivia posted:

What about ultima 5

Fuckin' sicko

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Holy poo poo this just keeps getting better

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

TheSwizzler posted:

it's a mean av, and you've already paid

The enemy that you just couldn't break
and who would've thought or figured

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

sharknado slashfic posted:

Sagas tell me more about mushroom omlettes

Can I tell you about cream of mushroom soup?

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Pragmatica posted:

i’ve added pablo and nuns as thread IKs. have fun.

Awesome!

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Pragmatica posted:

i have also added you. :tipshat:

WHAT

oh holy poo poo buttons

edit: Thank you! I'll do my best!

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

TheSwizzler posted:

lmao it’s the plan

sagas talks too much poo poo about the mods

how can you talk poo poo about the mods when you are mods?

I seriously had to check that Prag hadn't done that "link that always leads back to your profile" thing in quoting me or something

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

That DICK! posted:

Mods are sex perverts. IKs do wacky false flags. The answer is skeleton warrior

::looks at his av, tugs his collar nervously::

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

TheSwizzler posted:

skeleton Iks have not had a great go of it recently let’s see if the trend gets bucked

Especially ones whose avs are focused on a great set of tits

Also: props to whomever set up the "edit other user's posts" screen for mods to have giant red text saying "THIS IS NOT YOUR POST" because I am not yet used to the new buttons and while I've seen plenty of "quote is not edit" mistakes, in attempting to quote TheSwizzler's post there I almost commited the first "edit is not quote" mistake I think I'd have seen

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Pablo Nergigante posted:

On the iPhone app it gives me the option to edit every post now and several times I’ve almost done it lol.

I'll also admit that I spent a few minutes try to figure out what the new "list" and "append" buttons on the top of the page do because they weren't listed in the guide and debating whether maybe pushing them might tell me before I realized that they were always there and I had just stopped paying attention to them years ago

I'm uh, still in a bit of a state of shock I guess

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

oh dear

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Lady Radia posted:

i installed the "sjw" to "skeleton warrior" browser extension like thirty years ago and i legitimately have no idea what this person's username is lmao

lol the latter, not the former, though it's done as a reference to exactly that

edit:

lmao VVVVV

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

This IK only buys custom titles for themself. This IK only buys custom titles for others. Which IK had a psychotic episode? Both.

Sorry, I'm the IK of the Seville thread, I can only change titles for those who do not want their own changed.

I've been trying to figure out whether I can change my own title for like five years now

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Fritz the Horse posted:

no because we don't know that she was buying other people avs, just herself. so this gag does not work!!

they're welcome to if they can but I think maybe they literally can't probe admins?

pretty sure IKs can probe mods. don't get too buck wild with this

I cannot probe Fritz. The button is there, but it goes to a "sorry this action is prohibited!" screen.

I also cannot edit his posts. Neither he, not vyelkin, nor Pragmatica have the same "revise!" button.

I feel like this might be because of previous lessons learned but I'm just spitballing here

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

I have always been commended on my scientific approach to loving things up.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Oxxidation posted:

this is your thread. are you the man of the house, or the man of the horse

oh my god

quote:

That horse mocks you. Do you hear the neighing? More like naying! That horse says no to you. The horse is the man of the house. You are the horse. Clop clop! Trot about to your dingy office, little horsey. Your wife kisses her husband-horse when you can't see. And then again when you can. She buys it shoes, finer than any you'll own. Its metal feet crush your soul. "This horse is now man!" it exclaims. "I am defeated!" you cry. The horse has beat you. Soon you'll be in the stall, eating dry, bland grasses, while the majestic Horseband ferries your wife about town. "Oh!" the city folk shall say as they drop to their knees as their muscles fail them at the sight of such a couple. "The horse is such a man!" they weep as they tear out their eyes, knowing they'll never see such beauty again. Your wife and the HorseGod shall laugh and eat gold together. Ha ha! And your tears shall be blood as you shrivel and turn to dust, forgotten in that stall outside the city where the HORSE is now Emperor Of All and Lover Of One. The citizens will genuflect before the great beast, paying whatever tithe the Hoofed One demands, be it of coin or flesh. The people will rejoice to do so, as their Great and Benevolent Equine shall make their crops plenty, and their lives ever long. The rotten stall shall collapse on your worm-eaten bones, and none shall remember a whit about you. Except the UrHorse, the original horse, who shall shed no tear, but blink in bitter recollection of that brief time he had to endure you.

Do not let this come to be. Shoot that horse. With your Glock. Eat its meat. Make a horse stew. Turn its bones into glue, and use it to glue the skull to your wall. Use its hooves to make a tasteless gelatin to encase its eyes in. Do it. Be the man of the house, not the man of the horse. He watches!

I haven't thought about that post in years. I don't even know where it's from, because the PYF quotes part I grabbed it from all the links are broken.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Autisanal Cheese posted:

One hundred per cent. And the smaller and more insular the community is, the worse the drama gets.

Someone once told me the joke “Why are academic politics so cut-throat and vicious? Because the stakes are so small.” and I have been consistently amazed at how true that is for so many small groups.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

That DICK! posted:

Can’t believe I was supposed to read the watch bush start a loving war post in an Australian accent this whole time

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

lobster shirt posted:

i thought spr was new zealand? the lore is so complicated.

spr said a couple of times that she was from Wales. She might have moved to Australia or New Zealand, I dunno.

some plague rats posted:

I'm from Wales, it's not my fault, please don't think less of me

Brought to you by the guy who remembers weirdly specific facts posters say about themselves but IRL will forget your name thirty seconds after you give it to him

Also, props to the search engine which actually does the stuff it says it does now

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Jeff is going to pop up when he wakes up from his slumber to post where her IPs were located and it's going to turn out she actually was a Russian state actor like GBS thought...

How else does a skeleton get a bomb rear end boob job without money from Russian intelligence agencies

Edit: yeah, thank you pog for carrying this thread

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Cuttlefush posted:

Name? I can't find it

Chris Dingli

https://m.imdb.com/name/nm1517501/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Grassy Knowles posted:

Arm reduction

"arm reduction is just harm reduction once you've done all the h"

(not my line, just heard someone reference it in PYF Quotes)