Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Black Baby Goku posted:

Awesome, thank you Matt. You can count me as a fan for sure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

some goon did a play by post of a very detailed military simulator tabletop rpg, pitting various weapons against the 30-50 feral hogs to see which would be effective in stopping the gunner from being overrun

The ar-15 barely scratched the surface of the hog horde. The machine grenade launcher did pretty well I think. I'll have to dig up the link to the thread, it was fun

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

MISSION FAILED - 30 FERAL HOGS REMAINING

gently caress yeah

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i'm a rube, greg, can you hog me?

christ i don't even know what i'm posting anymore

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

TheSwizzler posted:

Less a tale but the AGDQ threads were classics if you want to see imps dunking on perverts with high quality posting

yeah the imp zone doesn't produce stories per se, it's just really loving funny

the sims thread where TLD makes everyone a sim based off their avatar and makes them live in big communal houses together is incredible

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4003887

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Update: Imp Zone is losing their mind and wants to kill me.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

You win.

(USER WAS AUTOBANNED FOR THIS POST)

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

someone's gone on an overnight av buying spree in SAD, and they're really not very good avs

(imgur link to his previous avatar)

i've probably missed some but lol

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

found another one

this one might actually just be a self-purchase though

got my suspicions on who bought all these (given that they happened after the IK'ing) but it might steer to closely into Brigading and Noticing to be legal to speculate

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

a pleasing hound

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

it's the idealised chicken; a homogenous sphere

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

sagas brigade gangtag

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

how is that worse than wet

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

lol at the article

goon: i'm so insanely poor i am considering eating dogfood
mod: i will threaten this person's account which, by their own admission, they will not be able to buy back easily. i will do this for no reason.

and mad max is a survivor. goon survivor involves shopping carts and raisins and chafing while walking

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Danaru posted:

Not many, but there's a violent food derail going on right now about whether you're supposed to put ketchup, mustard, or mayonnaise on a hot dog

lol this encapsulates mod culture perfectly

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

whoa whoa whoa, the mods have a singles chat thread in their forum? what kinda culture is jeff promoting here

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

ugh they're skeevy

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i'm a dungeon master, twisted dungeon master

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Frank Frank posted:

Time to update the “Days since a sex weirdo has been promoted” sign back to 0

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

the jeffest rhino

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

the ps5 has lots of games - good ones, too

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Hell, it even has ps2 and ps3 games

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

/r/relationsagas

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

The Saddest Rhino posted:

I woke up to being told there are goons wanting to kill someone else and I found out it's this post... Uhrm since we are rebooting the thread soon please can we have less of this lol thanks

I think it's cool when people abuse the reporting system, frankly

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

charitably, insanely so, the Stephenson books are supposed to be "what happens after the ending is extremely obvious and is an exercise for the reader to derive". I think this is bad but it's what he does

e.g. diamond age, the protagonist's surrogate mum gets rescued from the computational sex orgy so the unrestrained nanotech Seed program never gets compiled. this is presented as a very abrupt stop in the action, leaving any normal reader completely dissatisfied

the baroque cycle had some epilogues which was nice but the actual plot crescendo was also pretty dense and abrupt

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

New sun owns a great deal. Long sun also owns a great deal. Short sun owns the most? I think so, anyway

Started reading the commonweal books, rattled through the first three. Pretty good stuff although the ethics of wizardry stuff is not always what I am after. The slotting of wizards into the economy without wrecking everything was great though

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

whoa they can come back in 9 days from their 100,000 hour probation

presumably just in time to discuss their probe reason in the gbs feedback thread

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blaire_White

not... entirely sure of the connection. i think whoever's buying the avatars might be a little confused and volatile

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

remembering this fyad post

e:

quote:

Some of them are our literal enemies and want nothing good for GBS

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

lol christ alive

Autisanal Cheese posted:

this is absolutely one of the worst parts lol, how do you allow Mr. Get-On-A-Train-to Birkenau a moral victory

but absolutely this

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

UCS Hellmaker posted:

Amazingly a drama elemental is someone who tries to cause drama and get attention for themselves!

main character kramering into a thread, elementally, and y'alling avatars all over the place

e:

Jonah Galtberg posted:

incredible that someone got outed for buying false flag bigoted avs for themselves before anyone who has ever bought a genuine one for someone else

yeah this ain't great

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

now give roger a muirebe great big tits

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Captain Invictus posted:

makes me think of this classic dwarf fortress moment

the "i must leave" fuckin slays me every time

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

lol, but also lol at the idea of jeff responding with clear direction and urgency

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

what?

Homeless Friend posted:

they were in a bad place then too (something awful)

lol

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

the true crime here is giving some of the worst posters on the site a chance to gloat

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

blaming radium code for the next twenty years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

she's been doing this for years? am i reading this right? jfc lol

there's been three avatars mentioned - two recently and one that sebmojo alluded to in passing from 2021. so yeah it's not a one-off, but there's about 50-odd previous avs showing on the goon av retrieval site. i figure the sleepyboy would have mentioned if they were all self-buys