Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Is there any reason to think they would delay any announcement/action until the last minute deliberately? Give them less time to organise any sort of response? I realise this is giving way too much benefit of the doubt...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Is it like, commonly known around chch who those sick-gently caress serial rapists that have name suppression are?

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Per that article

quote:

According to the Whangārei District Council website, the Abbey Caves are prone to flash flooding. It suggests people check the weather forecast before visiting.

Whoever was in charge of that trip is a loving idiot and got that student killed.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Greedy Old Gore

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Man I was honestly kinda shocked to learn that buildings like that can be exempt from sprinkler r equirements. Fuckin 2023 and we can still have tenement fires :smith:

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
It's really breaking some people's brains that they can't play the perpetual victim and commit a genocide at the same time

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,

echinopsis posted:

the economic benefits to society of allowing sick people to continue working

:chloe:

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,

echinopsis posted:

and maybe this is fake news idk but word on the street is that gangs were encouraging themselves to vote for labour because national would be worse for themselves. maybe this didn’t happen, or maybe the gangs believed the anti-gang hype spouted by national idk.

lmao cmon dude.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
really? :chloe:

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,

Ghostlight posted:

Literally nobody who has ever voted for NZ First is reading their website

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Love hearing Luxon describe people being on social welfare as "obscene" and "perverse" then finding out he gets a $50k supplement to go with his 7 houses and enormous salary because of course he does.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,

Xik posted:

"[ACC] just don't care. I said I'll live under a bridge, and she [case worker] is like 'do what you want'," McIndoe said.

:staredog:

I'm sure the case workers are overworked and underpaid but have a bit more tact when you're loving with peoples lives.

I liked when ACC insinuated it was her fault because they had "trouble communicating" with her. Yea I'm sure the lady who has half a body and needs a carer to turn her over at night is real loving hard to get hold of :rolleyes:

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,

sebmojo posted:

it looks like they funded the surgery, two rooms for two years, a live in full time carer and an entire purpose built house, and she's got a place to live (albeit not the one she wants), so i don't think evil is quite the right word here?

i maybe have a little ACC-PTSD from working there, but I'd take reports of what caseworkers said as one person's view of the conversation. happy to eat all the crow if it turns out i'm wrong, but clients with that many needs get a lot of scrutiny, it's not just a caseworker.

Why would they do all of that but not fund the accommodation until the house was finished though? Like is the 2 years just an arbitrary cut-off or something?

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Why won't Forest & Bird support the destructive introduced species I like?? :bahgawd:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
I think it seems like a strange thing to go after compared to other pests like goats pigs, wallabies like you mentioned, but those are enormous nation-wide populations as opposed to one comparatively localised species.

From the article https://www.stuff.co.nz/nz-news/350234555/forest-and-bird-take-aim-fiordland-wapiti-hunting it seems like they are worried about it setting up a situation where the Wapiti population is permanently established as a managed herd, rather than still aiming for eradication.

"YoU FEeD My FaMiLy Then" lmao get hosed