Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Banks have an existential crisis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

boi-ya-ya-ya-yoing

e: unthumbed for snipe

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Schwabbing the poop deck

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

shrike82 posted:

lol you guys should switch to IB as your trading platform

I'm switching to Schwab, non-zero chance I own the whole thing by the end of the day

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
The market is a horse and if you spook it all the money inside will evaporate before it can be enjoyed as delicious horsemeat

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Maybe handing all of our trading over to robots who cannot understand what a bank collapsing means was a bad idea

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15PCPx2IUjs

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Zeroisanumber posted:

Literally zero reason for this other than dumb animal panic lol

I think it's the dissonance between the fact that we are clearly in a recession/depression but no one will say anything is bad. It is legally not allowed to be bad.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
"no of course it's not normal to pay $8 for a loaf of bread but that doesn't mean the economy is in the toilet or that wages need to go up or anything. it doesn't mean anything. don't think about it. shut up"

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

lumpentroll posted:

you have no power anymore

good call,
mods, could be we get Hootington made IK again for the new thread?

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

forkboy84 posted:

That's a bit on the nose, they normally try to kid on there's more to the markets than a very big slot machine

they had to add the noises to keep the new zoomer traders interested in the job

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

the same weekend
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4BXyC3kHSU

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Relevant Tangent posted:

mewling for the mods should result in a month's sojourn to d&d where you'd obviously be more comfortable

lol

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Gonna need an alt check on Pepe and Hoot

wtf

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

oooooooo mama

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Thoguh posted:

My tiny investment account is with TDAmeritrade, which is owned by Schwab, do I need to do a bank run?

you should put all your money in Silver NOW

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

silver is the fool's precious metal!

i'm still mad at you for saying i'm an alt. you're on my poo poo list pal

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
"i want all my money, but not in cash and not in bitcoin give it to me in whatever the NEXT thing is gonna be"

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

to be fair you were begging for someone to be made a thread cop so who really was in the wrong there

making one post for something, in reaction to a post saying the opposite thing, is begging for it? you're an idiot

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

smoobles posted:

lot of numbers in this post

lmao

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

HallelujahLee posted:

multiple banks collapsing no big deal trains derail and poison a town no big deal its all good everything is good the vibes are good

the importatnt things is

it's NOT a Recession

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

from wiki:

The name "Fifth Third" is derived from the names of the bank's two predecessor companies, Third National Bank and Fifth National Bank, which merged in 1909.

huh

that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Relevant Tangent posted:

shouldn't have boot-kissed

you're an idiot

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

PoundSand posted:

To be clear I'm not saying they don't eat stuff like that, from google searches though for example they don't get an entire 8 oz wedge of brie they get like a small individually wrapped one more like the size of a babybell or such.

is way different from

yeah it still feels like orders of magnitude better than what US kids get

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
why lunchables? if you give the kids gum they'll satisfy their biological need to chew without becoming obese

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

SKULL.GIF posted:

So to be clear, you're saying that this bunch of grapes here:

is 4 cups?

i'm thinking 5, maybe 6

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

PoundSand posted:

I guess that's fair, thinking about tray size they're probably small grapes and I'm being dumb. In my original post I more meant if you walked into a school cafeteria and took pictures of the kids food I think the SK and Japan ones would be p similar to whats shown while the others would still be a far cry better than american strogenoff and a roll or whatever but not entirely to the standard shown sorta like expectations vs reality when you look at advertised food in a commercial and then go to the restaurant itself.

no!! noooo!!! double down!! say it's more than 4 cups!

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
william murderface voice: pazazz apples

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
i'm "genetically engineering" your drink

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
i would like to "genetically engineer" myself to have a large howling pouch in my throat like a siamang

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

i am harry posted:

what happened to the kid in the wheelchair in the second one did they just not invite him that day because of the non-accessible treehouse? has he ever even been up there? he knows they go there he lives across the street.

He's being crushed to death under the turkey

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Cup Runneth Over posted:

I would like to congratulate everyone who grifted billions of dollars off the metaverse while doing the bare minimum of work

it's one of those jobs that's probably insanely stressful 1 day of the month right before your meeting with Zuck when you start to get the imposter syndrome and think "oh gently caress what am I doing here there's no way he's gonna be happy I spent all this money and all we have to show for it is that you can play ping pong in VR now" and then he shows up and no it turns out that's exactly what he wanted

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

spacemang_spliff posted:

yeah I get that and like I understand that the economy isn't real and runs on ork magic but like if my job was touching money all day i'd like to know real numbers not fake feel good numbers but that's why i'm not a super smart economist

at some point they started believing their own propaganda and forgot the fake feel good numbers are fake

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Nice and hot piss posted:

I'm gonna say it... Yep, it's gonna happen.

Shoulda bought the dip

bro i'm just happy i lost less than $100 yesterday

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
luckily the weather will continue to be unpredictable and harsh, even as the winters get warmer on average

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

gradenko_2000 posted:

Lol wouldn't it be bad if everyone expects no raised rates and then rates get raised

who the gently caress knows dude

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
every time it seems like the house of cards is collapsing the morons running the economy are like "check this poo poo out" and pull out a dozen more cards from the bottom and somehow that stabilizes it for another 6 months

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
i think we should encourage posts inciting bank runs. now we can compromise

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Petey posted:

hey this is a diversion but what c-spam thread do i go to to panic/fear post about gpt-4, i can't find an obvious one

Cyberpunk Dystopia, cheers mate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Lol the CEO of Black Rock is named Fink