Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

https://twitter.com/Altimor/status/1634995028996288512?s=20
:qq:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

god damnit

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

where's the loving money going to come from? hmmmmmm oh wait i think i know where

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

SpaceDrake posted:

nah, material reality is going to reflect on policy eventually, and we get ever closer to that every day

next time will be different!

unless…

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

whoa that’s a lot of new posts compared to early this morning, what happened?

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

most of the management types I know in tech are Warren/Biden/Buttigieg types. I think the Bernie bros are all in tech support roles or ic roles

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

thank god i have unlimited time off aka no pto. can't take away from me what i dont have!

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

a_gelatinous_cube posted:

I went for an extended visit to Japan a few years a back to visit some relatives, and the cultural shellshock from coming back here to cops walking around the airport with drug dogs while terrorism warnings blared out over the PA and driving back to my apartment through the crumbling infrastructure and garbage piles and everywhere was pretty crazy, and I've lived here my entire life.

I was overseas for a couple of months 15 years ago and I too couldn’t get over how lovely everything was when I got back to the states. the roads all suck rear end, there’s police everywhere, the houses are all made of cardboard, billboards and lovely falling apart cars everywhere, no infrastructure except for highways and crappy fascist police run airports. garbage country

biceps crimes has issued a correction as of 02:08 on Mar 19, 2023

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

someone could be profiting from those archives, it doesn't make sense to just give it all away for free

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

A Bakers Cousin posted:

hello future court documents

let it be known to the court that i am gay

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Jel Shaker posted:

a bunch of tiny carbons in funny shapes have just fallen into the river, don’t worry happens all the time

carbon comes from the earth and the earth is all natural

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

actionjackson posted:

i meant to post this here first instead of capitalism.png but gently caress it i had to see it and now you do too

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

a tech exec (allegedly) murdered the cashapp exec

https://twitter.com/TMZ/status/1646530770377244673

all the tech dipshits were blaming his murder on the homeless before this lol

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Eregos posted:

I'm a moderate Democrat

lol

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

taydolf swiftler claims another mod

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

anime was right posted:

lol dont u live in like rural PA. jobs are 90% networking these days and ur fighting with every remote person from google that got laid off.

a bunch of people i work with all fanned out to cheaper places to live to work remotely and now are getting hosed when they get laid off. Well, except one guy that lived very frugally and squirreled away nearly all of his salary for a decade in case this happened. he gets to live cheaply in bumfuck hillbillysville arkansas and doesn't care about getting another job any time soon. the people buying teslas and popping out kids to fill their mcmoderns with and paying for private school tuitions are super hosed though

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

as a computer toucher, i'm okay with it

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Cpt_Obvious posted:

D-Day econ: the concern among policymakers about food inflation is that shoppers know the prices

they should introduce extra currencies like mtx in whale hunting games so that they can obfuscate the price gouging

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

gradenko_2000 posted:

it's pretty cool that all the economic arguments for what will or won't solve the housing crisis doesn't even reckon with the problem that anyone constructing new homes is going to be building shoddy deathtraps

improving density with lovely rear end wood and petroleum tinderboxes where I can hear every single thing each of my neighbors does. used to hear my neighbor lift their lid and start pissing in the middle of the night in one of those crappy five over ones

e: ^ lol

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

FistEnergy posted:

for 60k my EV better crank out blueberry or chocolate chip waffles instead of boring rear end buttermilk

thread title

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Dropbox AI that lets me search my synced wow screenshots for gamer words

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

it's a dark future where my internet searches are all appended with "reddit" and i have to sort through epic guys posting about "the wife" to find information

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Bar Ran Dun posted:

a turd in each hand and somebody telling you the turd in the right hand is worse.

thread title

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

it's Elizabeth Holmes

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

The Ugly Truth Behind “We Buy Ugly Houses”

https://www.propublica.org/article/ugly-truth-behind-we-buy-ugly-houses

quote:

In an interview, a former employee of the ad agency hired by HomeVestors recalled discussions about how to serve online ads to people in the vicinity of nursing homes and rehabilitation hospitals. The goal was to catch families who needed to sell assets so Medicaid would pay their nursing home costs. The employee, who asked not to be named because they still work in the industry, also recalled the agency’s owner bragging about the ability of its digital advertising to find an elderly person who had broken a hip. That injury, the employee reported the owner saying, is effectively a 60-day countdown to death — and, possibly, a deal.

“If we can get in front of people at that point, that was like a definite way to go,” the former employee said. “Yeah, that was bad. My stomach hurts thinking about that.”

quote:

Up to half of a franchise’s prospects must be generated by its own legwork, what HomeVestors refers to as “dig leads.” The company’s training manual teaches franchisees to build relationships with those who interact with people in difficult situations: nursing home administrators, probate officers, divorce lawyers. It also instructs them to comb neighborhoods for clues of distress — water shutoff notices, police tape, boarded-up windows, burn scars — and pounce on signs of desperation. If a family’s belongings are on the curb, for example, the directive is clear: “Quickly pursue the property where the trash pile indicates eviction.”

quote:

“That cat piss smell, you know what that smell is?” he said with a chuckle. “That’s money.”

No surprise that the we buy ugly houses business model is ghoulish and predatory, but there are some interesting details in this investigation.

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

silentsnack posted:

it's difficult to replicate the authentic appalachian sound if you have most of your teeth and/or you're not talking around a mouthful of tobacco

lol wtf is this garbage rear end post

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

SKULL.GIF posted:

Close this thread immediately and reopen it at 9:29:59 AM EST Monday morning.

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

how’s Pittsburgh this time of year

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Mr Hootington posted:

This thread is useless now any way. Just close or gas.

thread title

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

will never get over "student loans" being a concept that is real

anyone have a good link to read regarding student loan history in the US?

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

that’s a blip in the long history of industrial disasters in Texas City, Texas’ version of New York City in Texas (it’s all refineries and pollution and explosions)

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

paywalled. you pay the nytimes? lol

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

yes please

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

ArmZ posted:

more like Gay DeBoring

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

PostNouveau posted:

Donald Trump is right

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

you’ll be ruled by a mummy cabal and you’ll like it

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

trump is a funny poster and gave me money. biden is a mummy and gives me nothing. desantis is utterly charmless

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

it's real cool that big rear end OLEDs are relatively cheap compared to big rear end TVs in the past. Too bad about everything else though

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

*libbishly posts 1980 and 1984 election results* :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

y’all talking about the US being nazis but I just voted for a woman of color in a local election. looks like y’all just need to vote more