Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
The low rates for auto loans was so so good. Currently rocking an auto loan with a sub 3% rate and the cash needed to pay it off in a 5% account. lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
My mom is a school nurse and said they had an incident where a toilet broke in the middle school. They took it apart and found a pot vape pen. Not great!

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
the children yearn for the deep friers

https://x.com/LaurenKGurley/status/1755264463828144206?s=20

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
imagine being upset about an interest free loan from the gubmint, paying taxes instead of a refund is good

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
I don’t know why I blocked that Jack Forge guy in the past, but it was clearly a very good decision

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
I want to hear my graphics card screaming as I force it to render the most banal art possible

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
https://x.com/leylaaa31/status/1758324417434648936?s=20

mr___piss is now The Cut’s financial advice columnist

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck

Glumwheels posted:

How do you hold yourself and leadership team accountable when you’re not taking a pay cut or firing the leadership team that created this mess (himself included)? By firing the people actually doing the work?

An even more stark example of this is Embracer buying up tons of studios when money was cheap (“organically”) and now having to cut bait because the money pipe got turned off. but folks are just gonna have to suck it up (and he will face no consequences)

https://x.com/shinobi602/status/1758515456518844478?s=20

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
> 20-by-20-foot house attached to a 20-by-20-foot garage

what the gently caress

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
SBF looks like he’s gonna head up a Korn cover band in jail

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
I got thanos snapped twice since 2022. nice to get a big severance and spend time with my toddler when I was only at one of them for 6 months, but the Summer of 2023 was an absolute dogshit time to be searching for computer toucher jobs. It’s like everything had dried up since the end of 2022.

probably still the same now, and with another kiddo on the way, I’ll just be keeping my head down and hope to not get snapped a third time.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
Moving sucks, so i get it

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
One Weird Trick To Convert Your Mansion Into A Split Level!

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
NFTs will fix the arts

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck

Rectal Death Alert posted:

I feel like someone told them to phrase the headlines better to not hurt boeing stock

"SAFELY LANDED: Plane is discovered to be missing a panel"

plane_armor_survivorship_bias.jpg

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
after watching the netflix documentary about the south carolina lawyer who killed his wife and kid, the latter who killed and injured a bunch of his friends after piloting his boat while blackout drunk, and the cops who were at best incompetent and at worst intentionally stalled out the investigation

i don’t have a ton of faith that a boeing “suicide” is gonna be investigated properly in boeing country

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
maybe it’s like that movie the Killer, he tried to do it once and hosed up, had to eliminate the entire organization, and is only now getting back to it

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
A few examples:

Couple of soccer teams in Europe won titles and got promoted into higher divisions by taking advantage of set pieces, or figuring out that pressing works really well.

Basketball figured out that 3>2 and prioritized it. (there’s probably more here, I don’t follow the sport)

Football has finally listened to the nerds and start going for it on fourth down a lot more, or trying the 2 point conversion more (especially when the extra point kick spot was moved back)

Hockey started valuing shot taking instead of hitting.

But yeah, baseball & sabermetrics could have been done with really rudimentary calculations so it was around for a long time. Other sports didn’t have as nerdy a fanbase and then the nerds figured out the other sports could be solved too.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck

as someone married to a nurse who’s had to fight to even get half of that pay, and that’s in a HCOL… lmao

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
gonna be some document pulled out that shows that there shouldn’t have been container ships going under there in <exact conditions as predicted>, or the ship’s motor went pop because maintenance was deferred to some time before the Ever Given was a popular name

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
https://x.com/justin_fenton/status/1772668088703418610?s=20

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
There seem to be some trial balloons, Kamala was out there stumping about weed a month ago, so maybe we'll see that closer to the election

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck

Engorged Pedipalps posted:

You can't possibly be pro tipping on these I disbelieve

normal people probably dont tip on those while they do tip at restaurants, but terrible tippers go out of their way to take pictures and make big screeds about it on twitter

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck

got to spend money to make (less) money

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
I think I got that fake Black Card thing too, it was bragging about the weight of the card

people will pay tens of thousands for watches to prove some idea of luxury (and then buy fake rolexes for the same idea) so I guess it makes sense someone would try for the Kirkland Brand Black Card as a product idea

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck

she boeing on my door plug until i have an explosive decompression

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
As a 1986er who graduated college in 2009, but managed to get a <2.5% rate… things can go up and down. life is highway

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
Getting Polish (and thus EU) citizenship is possible via ancestry, there's some law firms that can help with the process. Takes a decent amount of time but if you have the smallest connection to family there, you can get it done for under $3k.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck

fart barterer posted:

I'm working on this right now. The lawyers don't seem necessary, just some forms and maybe a consulate visit (NY and DC aren't far). So maybe $500 to get to an EU passport.

All you need is a parent / grandparent who was born there after 1921 and some of their documentation. Thankfully my grandmother still has her original birth certificate along with naturalization etc. Also I learned you can get certified copies of your biological parents' birth certificates without their consent or knowledge, which is nice for people who are estranged or otherwise don't want to interact with them.

Only downside I know of, aside from the cost, is that you lose the ability to get a top secret clearance if you wanna touch computers for Raytheon, but that's not something I've got in the cards.

My wife had some trouble because of this: plus they got married out of the country, so it was nice having the lawyers in Warsaw just go through the translation and piecing the all right things together. And maybe the NYC one is better because there's a lot more Polish folks there, but the DC consulate was not helpful and turned her off from even trying for a few years until happening upon the lawfirm we are using now that had a ton of good reviews from the r/Poland folks.

No idea if we'd ever move to Poland specifically (I don't know the language, and my wife's Polish wouldn't cut it in the medical field there) but it's nice to have the option. At the very least, it gives my kids the option to study there very easily with a dual-citizenship.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck

FlapYoJacks posted:

What's BofA?

Nothjng much, what’s up with you?

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
devops is computer caressing

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
i’m doing my part (second baby due next week) (that’s it tho, no more)

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck

Nonsense posted:

Name the baby after NUMBER

little baby girl “Jerome S&P500 <last name>”

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck

ephex posted:

Are... They... Waiting in their cars???

i sold the old car to buy food
well, i sold our food to buy new brakes

the gift of the magi

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
wine bottles with twist caps are fine and good for that reason

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck

HallelujahLee posted:

please convert this to R language for americans

code:
celsius_to_fahrenheit <- function(celsius) {
  return((celsius * 9/5) + 32)
}

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck

Nybble posted:

i’m doing my part (second baby due next week) (that’s it tho, no more)

number officially go up

9 healthy pound baby, bigger than the first. next will be 10.5 lbs, investors are pleased

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck

KirbyKhan posted:

We all got wood and nails! We turn out in a hate factory!

We all got wood and nails! And we sleep inside this machine

huh, haven’t thought about that Brand New album in at least a decade

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
preg nog

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
i see downed road signs and walk-signs on the regular. I can’t tell if there are just more incidents, less folks to fix it, or a combination of both