Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
I hate this stupid loving unethical plutocracy of a sham country. Bail out the banks while letting children and parents starve only 2 weeks prior. This country is gross.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
lol wtf is up with number today?

- woke up at 0800 number red all stocks down.
- finished catching up with the thread by 08200 number up????????????

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
I will be IK and make sure number (of LT probes) go up!

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Cmon Powell. Do number a solid and put in for a 50bps hike!

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

inflation you say????????

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
when does the Fed announce BPS number?

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

What the gently caress. It’s my blood and I want it now!!!

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
https://twitter.com/RepMTG/status/1635084484784672769

:hmmyes:

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

net work error posted:

Bitcoin 24k lol

Number lusts for the sweet sweet nectar of the unregulated markets.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

webcams for christ posted:

still seething about this

e:

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Glumwheels posted:

She doesn’t understand a single word of that

she’s furiously rubbing two brain cells together to figure out how Jewish space lasers caused this.

No, it’s because the bank invested in woke culture. :colbert:

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

anime was right posted:

700 loving posts what have you gremlins been up to

number

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

no, deposits refused!

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

The investment bros know drat well Jay is going to increase rates. They are juicing number for a hellacious pump and dump.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

spacemang_spliff posted:

lol so real estate investment firms are going to start hoovering up houses again

wow the house wins again so crazy

Real estate investment firms pay cash or have special deals with banks. They don’t give a gently caress about the PMI. Raising the PMI serves to hurt the middle class. Nothing more.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Oglethorpe posted:

fifth third bank down 15% lol

Funny name serious bank.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
You know what number isn’t up?

Car manufacturing number.
RIVN below $14

Tesla, Honda, Toyota, Lucid, etc etc all down! :woop:

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

they're not down that much, hell tesla is slightly up now

Tesla is down 10% since last week. Number must go up forever and ascend to the heavens.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Minecraft Holmes posted:

this catchphrase is grating

Settle down Beavis number.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
* walks into a thread that’s been around for several years *

“Eyyyyy, your catchphrase is annoying! eyyyyyyy!”

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

seems pretty easy to me!

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

biceps crimes posted:

whoa that’s a lot of new posts compared to early this morning, what happened?

number happened friend. Low prices to you!

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Sweeden:

South Korea:

France:

Italy:

Japan:

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Especially after this bailout - and yes, it's 100% a bailout; even Cramer was calling it one - I don't ever want to hear some douchebag whine that there just isn't enough money in the budget for stuff like school lunches that are fit for human consumption. We all know that's bullshit by the way that they made billions of dollars appear from out of thin air to benefit Wall Street.

All dollars are made out of thin air. Let's give some of it to Kraft for more garbage to feed children.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Willa Rogers posted:

The packaging for the turkey and cheddar Lunchable option is described as a 3.5 ounce container. The document said it contains 2-ounce equivalents MMA (meat/meat alternative), one ounce equivalent of grain and “meets whole grain rich criteria” of the NSLP.

The extra cheesy pizza option comes in a 5.05 ounce container and contains 2 ounces equivalent of MMA, 2 ounce equivalents of grain, 1/8 cup of red/orange vegetable and “meets whole grain rich criteria” of the NSLP.

This country sucks!!!

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Radirot posted:

Does it contain chinese soy? That would be a travesty.

China:

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
I was going to post more school lunch examples from around the world but it started to make me really sad when I saw that a lot of places in Africa are providing better school lunches than here. :smith:

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

PoundSand posted:

Whenever I see these shots the only ones I really believe are the asian ones, like SK and Japan portions look reasonable and stuff you can easily make in bulk. The rest feel like someone described the menu and they made a glamor shot for it. Literally looks like decent catering you'd be paying $$$ a head for. I mean an entire loving wedge of brie, half a pound of asparagus, an 8 oz steak, and some fruit for every kid every lunch in france? not a chance. Itally got like a 10 dollar portion of salmon there if you were cooking it at home and half a bag of grapes.

“Things can’t possibly be better in other countries!”

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

PoundSand posted:

To be clear I'm not saying they don't eat stuff like that, from google searches though for example they don't get an entire 8 oz wedge of brie they get like a small individually wrapped one more like the size of a babybell or such.

is way different from

I know this is a crazy idea, but bear with me here for a second:

Other countries don’t try to profit off of school lunches.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

PoundSand posted:

Whenever I see these shots the only ones I really believe are the asian ones, like SK and Japan portions look reasonable and stuff you can easily make in bulk. The rest feel like someone described the menu and they made a glamor shot for it. Literally looks like decent catering you'd be paying $$$ a head for. I mean an entire loving wedge of brie, half a pound of asparagus, an 8 oz steak, and some fruit for every kid every lunch in france? not a chance. Itally got like a 10 dollar portion of salmon there if you were cooking it at home and half a bag of grapes.

RE: Italy

Do you know how large grapes are by chance? lmfao

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Justin Tyme posted:

its even more frustrating when you realize a lot of classic/beloved recipes are intended to serve large amounts of people

kids could eat like loving kings on the cheap if they were fed Indian cuisine

India:

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
I will admit to liking the square sausage breakfast pizza and the school burritos growing up in the 90's. :colbert:

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

PoundSand posted:

Yeah, I pack em for my lunch all the time, I use a 2-cup pyrex, and it'd probably hold half that bunch.

what lmfao

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Crazypoops posted:

Oh hell yeah I'll eat that garbage. But let's not pretend what Americans do to themselves and especially their kids isn't uniquely evil and we should as a whole should go straight to hell.

Oh absolutely. It is and will always be garbage. Nostalgic garbage. :v:

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

A Bakers Cousin posted:

biting into my grape because its loving apple sized, man those french eat a lot

They exclusively buy these grapes:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGAfZ-PTaNU

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Bharatrocity posted:

I work in a norwegian school and there's literally a salmon buffet twice a week

Impossible! SALMON? For the proles? Do you even make a profit??????????????

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Oglethorpe posted:

the square breakfast pizza wasn't all that bad either

assuming it was fresh out of the oven and not cooled into plastic

Indeed. That's why I specifically mentioned the square breakfast pizza in the post. :v:

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

FizFashizzle posted:

Lmao Indian food is just like ghee and vegetable oil

If you think kids are fat now, imagine them after putting down a full thali every day.

India:

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Thorn Wishes Talon posted:

300 unread posts in 2 hours

either we got circuit breakers, or it's another food derail

Kraft is now allowed to sell Lunchables as school lunch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Willa Rogers posted:

so the meal is all-carbs lol.

There's at least .2oz of chicken underneath the breading probably.