Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

cool av
Mar 2, 2013

Oglethorpe posted:

1 wells fargo
2 fifth third
3 schwab

this is basically my apple tier list

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cool av
Mar 2, 2013

has anyone considered multiplying rates by -1.2 every month until all the problems are solved? everybody’s happier and happier every other month.

cool av
Mar 2, 2013

you can make that AI say anything though

cool av
Mar 2, 2013

triple sulk posted:

number dead?

it is finally done. our long watch is ended.

cool av
Mar 2, 2013

BLOOD

cool av
Mar 2, 2013

Vox Nihili posted:

They're going to be paying more in interest to depositors than they're gaining on their garbage securities,

lol, we’re talking about bank of america here right?

cool av
Mar 2, 2013

Willa Rogers posted:

I don't understand how dems get away with accusing the gop of wanting to privatize medicare

i think you do!

cool av
Mar 2, 2013

number is back, baby!

cool av
Mar 2, 2013

uhm isn't "people pulling all their money out of smaller banks into the big banks" exactly what ppl feared if they didn't bail out SVB?

cool av
Mar 2, 2013

Raskolnikov38 posted:

no that was letting it fail would destroy non-bank businesses as they no longer had access to things like payroll money

but lookat this fucker right here:

https://twitter.com/BillAckman/status/1634564398919368704

quote:

the gov’t has about 48 hours to fix a-soon-to-be-irreversible mistake. By allowing @SVB_Financial to fail without protecting all depositors, the world has woken up to what an uninsured deposit is — an unsecured illiquid claim on a failed bank. Absent @jpmorgan @citi or @BankofAmerica acquiring SVB before the open on Monday, a prospect I believe to be unlikely, or the gov’t guaranteeing all of SVB’s deposits, the giant sucking sound you will hear will be the withdrawal of substantially all uninsured deposits from all but the ‘systemically important banks’ (SIBs).

(and wtf is this tweet it's...long?)

cool av
Mar 2, 2013

nice

cool av
Mar 2, 2013

shrike82 posted:

quote:

Starting in 2024, Level I candidates can pick between Python, a programming language, or financial modeling

harsh

cool av
Mar 2, 2013

perma-bull crew checking in ✋

cool av
Mar 2, 2013

lol

https://twitter.com/GarthPhoebus/status/1636905907488448516

cool av
Mar 2, 2013

Radirot posted:

living in the ghetto aint no joke. definitely an exciting time all around if you're into it I guess.

story time from my last apartment

one time i saved a woman from her abusive boyfriend. i was watching tv with the spouse real late when we hear screaming for help down the hall. opening the door the first thing i see is her face covered in blood and then we let her inside as the police show up. that wasn't the only we did that for someone there either.

there was also the time someone was murdered in the parking lot. the murderer is still loose since the cops arrested the wrong guy, go figure.

sadly we had to leave since some crazy fucks were threatening to kill us and the cops wouldn't do jack poo poo.

dang. keeps you sharp.

cool av
Mar 2, 2013

this except the leak is on the bottom of the giant tank instead of the top

and we're using masking tape

cool av
Mar 2, 2013

A Bakers Cousin posted:

i found a great town and i was like i could live here and buy a house and all those real adult things

what the gently caress

cool av
Mar 2, 2013

lol this is very much on point

cool av
Mar 2, 2013

all

time

highs

cool av
Mar 2, 2013

cool av
Mar 2, 2013

the incredible, edible, egg

cool av
Mar 2, 2013

i don’t think landlady is necessarily pissed at only getting $300. wasn’t the countersuit likely a tactical part of her defense to muddy the original actually legitimate suit?

weigh goon opinion 5% and your lawyer who says to appeal opinion 95%

cool av
Mar 2, 2013

being on a jury is a great experience everyone should do.

it'll make you realize that if you're accused of something you never ever ever want to have a jury trial

cool av
Mar 2, 2013

im pretty sure regular insurance has the exact same thing except instead of "medicare approved amount" it says "insurer approved amount"

cool av
Mar 2, 2013

gradenko_2000 posted:

https://twitter.com/VideoCardz/status/1640093161983823874?t=AeVBRqI71EAyGjzwgsyboA&s=19

... after they've already made all the money out of it from selling shovels

"The only thing more useless," he continued, "is video games, ..."

cool av
Mar 2, 2013

19 o'clock posted:

I’m here for good opinions on driving from people from PA

i'm not from PA and I only have bad opinions on driving but perhaps I can be of use to you

cool av
Mar 2, 2013

I think we should fix the economy. Who's in?

cool av
Mar 2, 2013

sullat posted:

That's only if you include non-discretionary spending which, at least for social security & Medicare, you probably shouldn't since it's basically a nationalized pension scheme. Military is a little less than half of the discretionary spending.

Funny how we hear both
* that social security & entitlements are the biggest expenses breaking the government budget and killing are economy so we have to cut it
* that social security "is going to run out of money" in X years so we have to cut it
from the same assholes.

Is it a pool of money that's going to run out later or a general expense that's breaking our budget every year? Well, it's whichever one makes you more scared!

cool av
Mar 2, 2013

euphronius posted:

can’t afford a down payment ? try Pittsburgh where you can get a 140 year old row house with no parking for 400k

500,000 posts trying to sell pittsburgh in this thread and finally one that makes sense

cool av
Mar 2, 2013

Philippine Finance Chief:

Inflation:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tS7ifk26tJc&t=5s

cool av
Mar 2, 2013

I don’t see why the people who matter wouldn’t be comfortably invested into RMB by the time anything really goes into effect dollar hegemony wise. No doomsday. You’re the doomsday.

cool av
Mar 2, 2013

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

I feel like the same also applies to an order of magnitude in the opposite direction too.

I micromanage every single cent I ever spend, actively fall into a borderline self harm loop every time I have to ask for financial assistance, and cut out just about everything I don't actively need to just exist. And even then it still eats at the brain that something more has to go.

Homelessness and joblessness have hosed my brain over in such a horrible way that I haven't even been close to coming to terms with everything even with years of therapy through medicaid and poo poo. Even before getting into the existential looming threat that not having worked in so long means you're literally unhireable.

It's great how we've got a system that will just throw you down into a pit to die with no recourse.

yeah ironically it’s way easier for rich ppl mentally to take free healthcare etc.

cool av
Mar 2, 2013

RealityWarCriminal posted:

the infinite scroll on social media should be banned

it has no use outside of social media though.

cool av
Mar 2, 2013

why thread title sad making

cool av
Mar 2, 2013

shackleford posted:

https://twitter.com/markasaurus/status/1646555788222304258

lmao city planning departments hate this one weird trick

$134 million to construct it. you could buy like seven houses in that area for that price.

cool av
Mar 2, 2013

I can't believe a savvy infestor like franklin would "get rug pulled". Things are really getting wild out there.

cool av
Mar 2, 2013

you can also click the x on shorts and not see them. might not work if you do it signed out tho

cool av
Mar 2, 2013

lol. What's it like, JP Morgan? What's it like to see and predict the obvious doom and be constantly cucked by ALL TIME HIGHS? JOIN US

cool av
Mar 2, 2013

Willa Rogers posted:

Don't forget that today is the deadline for filing 2022 tax returns or an extension till October!

ty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cool av
Mar 2, 2013

OhFunny posted:

The price of gas has jumped 24 cents at the gas station nearest me over the days few days.

if only it would jump 24 dollars at the gas station everywhere we just might all have a chance