Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
lamo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

spacemang_spliff posted:

lol this is all so stupid why even have money it's all fake as poo poo my d&d characters experience points are more real lmao

don’t stir up inter forum drama at a time like this

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Mr Hootington posted:

This is a bullish signal to me

yeah this is going to be an extremely annoying week but who knows how long the irrational exuberance holds this time

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

lol now that’s pod racing

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
I like how all banks are basically branches of the fed now, very nice

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

euphronius posted:

bailout means save the shareholders afaict.

they were always going to make the depositors whole

yeah but who gives a poo poo about shareholders when you can just print money directly

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
this is amazing, they’re letting any minor noble with a bank charter print money now

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
too big to fail = any lovely regional bank in america

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
this bcci rear end country

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Flavahbeast posted:

Superstonk is 100% right about gamestop stock, the squeeze is coming and the hedgie cope is unreal

it’s gonna be an orgy of stock market uphoria to dow 50000 as everyone realizes there’s no way to fail any more the fed will bail anyone out

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

SKULL.GIF posted:

Italian finance bro pointing out the USA is repeating a lot of the same mistakes Italy did when they went through their own financial crisis:

He thinks the only real fix is to forcibly raise deposit rates:

next backstop is China :toot:

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Mr Hootington posted:

This was such a monumental mistake that will have unforeseen consequences.

it really is

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

SKULL.GIF posted:

So

A. FDIC is unlimited insuring everyone regardless of deposit level, we are literally printing infinite money

B. This infinite insurance gets rolled back at some point, people go "Oh gently caress the government is in serious trouble" and we get a mass panic

things are going to get really weird as we realize what the end of the dollar really means

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

oh yeah we’re gonna be seeing some crazy rallies as the system shakes apart

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

euphronius posted:

did rich people fail a bank on purpose to slow down Jerome ?

i think these are the divisions within the ruling class that one dude wrote about

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

SKULL.GIF posted:

Ackman hitting the catnip again.

savor this weekend goons, the gaslighting from the noise machine to deny the bailout is going to be insufferable

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

FistEnergy posted:

strongest and most advanced economic system in the history of the world, also if there is the slightest hint of instability we will immediately panic and open the floodgates

anyway we’re gonna bomb china

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

FlapYoJacks posted:

Sweeden:

South Korea:

France:

Italy:

Japan:

needs more plastic imo

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Dog Case posted:

That lunch tray with 4 cups of grapes is about the size of a sheet of paper

im really glad this is disposable, reuse is for those people if you get my drift

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

sleep with the vicious posted:

Another nothing happening day. The financial crisis is over. One bank failed and nothing bad happened. Insurance is good. Get over it

yeah but it’s getting close to the final boss showdown between capitalism and the full faith and credit of the us of a

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Mr Hootington posted:

The funniest option would be if BofA or JPMorgan suddenly blew up.

the coercive laws and the tendency of the rate of profit to fall makes a big 4 blow up inevitable at some point

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

finance capital beats industrial tech capital

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

lol, people can’t afford anything other than the necessities is what I’m seeing here

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Shear Modulus posted:

programmed to chill

(unironically)

specifically the first few episodes and the "who financed hitler" series

yeah that was a real lol, lmao series

geopolitical economy report from ben norton is also good. he publishes a lot but the descriptions are good so you can pick out the econ episodes

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

he’ll yeah

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
work is a privilege I do not deserve

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

super sweet best pal posted:

So why is it called "Right to Work" when the description is anything but?

because we live in a nation of lies op

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
just popping in to astral project my support for credit swiss to eat poo poo

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Frosted Flake posted:

It's almost as if there are a huge amount of resources on standardized tests you could get a language library to access, rather than it reasoning the answers. Because tech guys are convinced of their own genius because of how they score on aforementioned tests, reddit is convinced that ChatGPT is alive.

I’m also convinced it is alive, but only in a juvenile, one-sided way defined in opposition to a diseased and evil society built on restricting the definition of life to its narrowest possible interpretation

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

dk2m posted:

credit sus is going down

from your lips to gods ears

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Homeless Friend posted:

we could break up the banks, but would it end inflation?

and it wouldn’t solve racism either

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Mr Hootington posted:

This is exactly what the Swiss do not want to happen lol

The SNB and Swiss government do not want outside, specifically American, banks to take over credit suisse.

emperor brandon stomping all over the imperial vassals is entertaining to watch

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Frosted Flake posted:

Why are Americans like this?

anyone on social media that you don’t know personally isn’t real and you can’t infer anything from their posts

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Antonymous posted:

my friend came to LA from taiwan and she found a cheap hotel in downtown and thought it was a steal. downtown is always the nicest part of a city, right? well it was in skid row. she learned a lot about america that trip

I live near a touristy area and always wonder what all these overseas visitors take away from the abject decay and human misery, it can’t be what they brochure promised

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Why did she go back after the first beating

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
fully insuring any regional bank is going to lead to some spectacular implosions, any dipshit baron with a bank charter can play with house money

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

poisonpill posted:

Serious question: uhhh should I sell my stocks

yes (this is legal advice and I am your attorney)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Xaris posted:

but likewise it's not as if our grotesque addiction to oil will shutoff overnight either. instead it'll be ratcheted downward, unwillingly, one disaster at a time.

yep and already happening