Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

I'm sick of seeing animated weiners french kissing in every fucking GBS thread.

Charles Bukowski posted:

Maybe we should have some fun posting or content creation contests. Ms paint thread!

Be the change you want to see, an MS Paint thread would probably be pretty successful in current GBS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

bagmonkey posted:

Good proposal imo

ya this one too

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Nooner posted:

how do you buy someone else plat, im worried if he doesnt get an email or pm he will never know he got unbanned :ohdear:

you need the username on the account and the email address tied to the account

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Nooner posted:

Yeah because you know I just keep a goddamn rolodex of every users email address :jerkbag:

yeah the systems regarding purchasing upgrades and avatars are pretty wanting and 20 years out of date

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Sid Vicious posted:

Do you like me Y[x] N[]

Ya ur good

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Smugworth posted:

If elected, my first act as moderator of GBS will be to ensure anyone who ever brings up the meta discussion about the c word again is given a thoroughly embarrassing avatar

I can help you out with that

I am very tired of relitigating this poo poo every week across multiple forums

MrQwerty fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Mar 19, 2023

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Gibbis, or G B S as some call it,

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

do not lust for power smugworth, it will be your downfall

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I don't think so. He's in the process of banning himself irl from a different city every year though.

Twice a year lmao

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Nooner posted:

Snyping a page is like getting a double yolk egg, no one can ever know when it's gonna happen but you just gotta smile and feel a lil bit lucky when it does (:
:synpa:

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Toxic Mental posted:

tem doesn't desrerve that

rip tem

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

bagmonkey posted:

Can we, as a forum, take a collective stance that piss IS stored in the balls?

Buddy, if this isn't your lord and savior, idk what to tell you

🅾️🅱️ is part of the trinity

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

XeeD posted:

I agree. Feedback threads always ends with the loudest, whiniest, bitchiest pricks getting their way because they just don't stop until the admins and mods relent, if only to stop all the reports. I say bring back the old draconian GBS where you'd get probed for not punctuating properly. We used to have standards, drat it.

that poo poo loving sucked
edit: and is a part of why chinatown got permabanned

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

XeeD posted:

It really didn't. Also, I don't give half of a gently caress who chinatown was or why they got banned.

It did, very sorry that you don't get your exclusionary practices back.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Who are the people looking at GBS and saying "they need more moderation", outside of SAD? GBS is fine. If it isn't destroying the very fabric of our beloved web forum just let it ride.

2023 GBS is pretty fuckin tame compared to 1999 GBS, the idea that GBS needs more moderation, especially mods from other forums (specifically forums that don't like GBS) is just loving outrageous.

BUT PEOPLE IN THE UKRAINE THREAD POSTED THAT THEY GOT BONERS OVER GORE when dude posted he had a boner over a story about a Eurofighter overflying an airshow, straight up goon telephone to the max, and it's really not ok.

I don't post in FYAD and have no intent to, but I'm understanding what FYAD went through when it got closed down now, just 10-20 people shouting real loud about poo poo that wasn't real.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

XeeD posted:

You absolutely could if you knew how the apostrophe worked. Shitposting is ruining everything everywhere. All at once; the awesomest place on the internet got hosed up.

Just because people couldn't punctuate properly. :qq:

ill punctuate when i want and how i want, suck my fuckin dick i spent years getting a history degree and i will write properly when i feel like it, and GBS is not the loving place I feel like writing properly

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Wow, love can indeed bloom in the official gbs feedback thread

lol

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

ngl i used to be all about the proper punctuation but then i realised life's too short, so i did a really sick kickflip and put on my shades and rode off into shitpost land.

ya its pretty cool to write like cormac mccarthy tbh

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

XeeD posted:

I'm neither very smart, nor fun to hang out with. But this place used to be both, once upon a time.

lol no it loving wasn't you liar

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

XeeD posted:

It would be even better if you voted for me over smugwarts for GBS mod or whatever. I dare you.

Go jack it to Stoklasa's voice.

Is that proper punctuation?

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

:lmao:

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

what do you actually get, personally, out of being so unhappy and concerned with what and how other people are posting on the SA forums in threads you don't read or participate in that aren't affecting anyone

this is a dead-serious question directed squarely at you

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I like these forums and I'd like to see them improved by removing posters and threads that I consider to loving suck rear end. I understand that's a hard concept for you to understand because you follow me around slack-jawed posting "why you care, care mean you suck".

nah you just show up in the places I post in bitching and loving whining about how other people post and that's legit all I see you do

if you like these forums you have a real weird way of showing it, because you want people to post exactly the way you want, with the content you want, and nothing else

MrQwerty fucked around with this message at 11:23 on Mar 22, 2023

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

You asked a question and now you're angry I answered. I am absolutely unsurprised by that somehow.

Your answer to my question was, "I like these forums so much that I want everyone that I don't like banned and all the threads I don't want to read deleted."

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

My cat gets mad about cameras and she's feisty right now so I'll just repost this one I put in the 5kpt the other day

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Smugworth posted:

I don't know where to download a pirated copy of mIRC anymore :sigh:

hit me up on DC++ bro

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Lol of the day right here, from Jeff no less

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

steinrokkan posted:

I applaud Smugworth for working behind the scenes to ensure a safe posting environment for GBS freaks and psychos.

Hell I can even look past the signpost loving at this point

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

if u think about it, it's a GBS Feedback Thread success story in the end

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

All posts are cringe tbh

especially the ones where you apologize to everyone about gaslighting them by buying your own transphobic avatars multiple times over the course of years with "lol oops i was having a mental health day"

which is poo poo that happened itt and because of tt

MrQwerty fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Mar 24, 2023

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

oh wow who bought me this redtext av of a maimed cat telling me i should kill myself for not liking the cat pics. Space Kablooey, that you? wait nm the sagas thjread told me where it's from. thanks all

lol

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Smugworth posted:

Some say hating and clout chasing is the sincerest form of flattery

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Smugworth posted:

I would encourage anyone who genuinely wants to discuss SPR's behavior to post in SAD about it rather than the GBS Feedback thread.

No really, I created a thread for it.

lol that the first person who posted in that thread made a total loving rear end out of themselves as fast as they could, good job smugworth I can officially look past you loving signposts now

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Seth Pecksniff posted:

:grin:

But for real though there's multiple threads about this so please go post in those

but this is the one where it happened seth

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Seth Pecksniff posted:

I suppose what I'll need to do then is reboot this thread so this one can be a general chat thread talking about this incident

I can do that later tonight. I do want to say if I do that your feedback isn't discounted at all and I'll go back through the thread and grab the salient ideas

that might be a pretty good idea, tbh

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

this thread belongs in the goldmine btw

yeah don't even reboot it and make this one a chat thread, goldmine it and restart it because if anything on the forums currently deserves posterity, it's this

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

MrQwerty fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Mar 24, 2023

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

zone posted:

Who'd have thunk the person throwing stones from inside their own glass house trying to be as abrasive and lovely as possible would turn out like this? I'm sure none of us believed that. :dumb:

do you really think it's fair to do anything but a ban+30 since she can never post on that account again? It's not like she's a bad person! She didn't really do anything wrong!

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

SPR was a really good poster outside of the part where she false-flagged herself with transphobic avatars over a couple years, tried to blame it on her posting enemies who were real in her head, was super loving aggro to everyone all the time and never made any funny posts then got caught by the owner of the website false-flagging herself in the GBS feedback thread.

WTF are you on dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Charles Bukowski posted:

Transphobic avatars over a series of years? Oh that's not good, that's not good at all. I don't believe I said any of that, gently caress off buddy. I thought they were a good poster when I read the sagas and I thought some of their probes were bullshit, I didn't know all of that.

I didn't see her as always aggro, or unfunny. I find some of her detractors to be that way though.

you should read the forums

you know, the way people tell GBS posters to do