Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Eikon
Phoenix
Titan
Garuda
Ramuh
Shiva
Odin
Bahamut
Ifrit
View Results

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Augus posted:

its a really lovely heavily compressed upload

you're a really lovely heavily compressed upload :colbert: jk

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Tekne posted:

I want to see the climax

So the gay sex scene is confirmed?

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Tekne posted:

Smegmaflare is canon.

Coin Toss has been upgraded into Money Shot.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Tekne posted:

Smegmaflare is canon.

It's actually Bussydo.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

I said come in! posted:

By after you mean after the official launch of.... Final Fantasy 18.

Hell, we've only got four years until

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

I remember playing the FF7 demo that came with Tobal No. 1 like a million times while waiting for the full game to be released. That was like a nine month wait.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Right behind you.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Mom says it's my turn with the FFXVI demo.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

roomtone posted:

it occurred to me that really there hasn't been a 'proper' final fantasy at this point since 10, maybe 12 counts (i like it), but man it's been a long time. over 20 years. you'd think at some point they'd realise they'd strayed too far and make one which gets back to the core of the experience people loved

The only thing I really take issue with here is that you could rephrase this as, it's been over 20 years, you'd think at some point you'd realized that the series hasn't strayed, it's changed.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

As does Stranger of Paradise. :colbert:

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Just to put my 2 gil into the whole ATB discussion, I think it's worth noting that the FF9 memoria mod has a setting that changes the combat system to play very similarly to FFX, and that the combat system of Xenogears (hallowed be its name) is also similar. Both ff9's memoria and Xenogears (and arguably FFX) accomplish this by skipping the wait anytime it's not someone's turn, and stopping time once it is.

My point is that while, for instance, FFX and FFX-2's combat feel very different, the mechanics are more similar than different.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

The ending is going to be Phoenix resurrecting every single character and having them kick Clive right in the dick.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Cephas posted:

He was asleep at the wheel as Ifrit, and when he hears Torgal whining he wakes up, but realizes that Ifrit is on autopilot and he can't control it.

Also lol @ naming the god-child with power over healing and resurrection "Joshua"

I figured that was a reference to Vagrant Story's Joshua, since this game seems like a love letter to Matsuno (which is a good thing.)

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Blockhouse posted:

I think the only summon not in promo material they've publicly commented on was Alexander and that was them saying they couldn't find a way to fit it in

Pure speculation: The emperor is Alexander's dominant, and Alexander is the final boss. It would fit with the "shining future" quote from Clive's mom

Also, for some reason I've got "a little San Brequois, a little San Brequois for me" stuck in my head from the Alex Jones threads.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Ytlaya posted:

If I had to blindly speculate you know the cause of that civilization's fall is going to be [...] Clive's dick

Another, speculation unrelated to Clive's dick : the mothercrystals aren't native to Valisthea, the Red Star is Ifrits mothercrystal preparing to slam in the back of my dragula into Valisthea.

runaway dog posted:

that's weird you guys were getting blur on performance mode I was getting it on quality mode, though my ps5 is set to 1440p so not sure how ff16 handles in terms of if it's upscaled 1080, downscaled 4k, or actual native 1440p, I'm leaning towards upscaled 1080 though.

It's rendered in 4k portrait mode and then stretched to landscape.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Terper posted:

I mean they're all bad guys. Every state is bad. They're all power hungry and ready to backstab another at a moment's notice to get at those sweet sweet Mothercrystals

Clive: When you absolutely, positively must kill every mothercrystal in Valisthea.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

RatHat posted:

In anyone is wondering, I think they use Van as short for Vanguard

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

I barely even knew her!

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

PsychoInternetHawk posted:

Just finished the demo and while it was very cool I was not prepared for so much chocobo violence, pretty sure I actually flinched when Clive's got decked by a stray rock

***Laughs in Final Fantasy Type-0***

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

This reminds me of an ancient post I read somewhere about somebody preferring the Japanese language files for Skyrim. :psyduck:

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

ImpAtom posted:

To be fair I can't imagine it's much worse than the English voice acting.

I like Skyrim's voice acting. :(

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Xerophyte posted:

That sure is an advanced level of weird.

I'd hope the "Japanese game, so Japanese audio, target language be damned" people were at least consistent. Polish dub of The Witcher games, and show! Estonian fandub of Disco Elysium, somehow! The Longest Journey in Norwegian! Randomly pick French or Dutch for each character in Baldur's Gate 3, like the devs intended!

I thought about installing the German voice files for Skyrim, for shits and/or giggles.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

HD DAD posted:

Hell, FF2, 4, and 12 have already done the “medieval politicking in a war for resources” thing. This is just that with more calling people cocks.

Final Fantasy XVI: Medieval politicking, just with more calling people cocks.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Oxxidation posted:

ifrit’s been one of the chump starter summons for decades, it’s trippy to see him portrayed as an ominous walking nuke

Wasn't Ifrit the final boss of XV?

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

HD DAD posted:

ExDeath is once again the final boss

It was time for Joshua's viscera to see the light of day! :smith:

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Skeezy posted:

Talking poo poo with my brother about playing this game at midnight but I have a kid now, so that's not happening.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Danger posted:

There’s a ton of cutscenes but honestly some are a joy to watch. They’ve really upgraded their art direction for these and the voice acting is great.

Just judging by trailers and the demo, I'd pat to hear Ralph Ineson read a phone book.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

I said come in! posted:

The big thing for me is Square didn't cut any corners this time. FF15 was filled with cut corners and the production quality was just really low in a lot of places. That isn't the case at all for FF16.

Honestly I'd say "cut corners" doesn't work as a metaphor for FFXV as much as it works for, say, FFXIII: XIII was made under some pretty ridiculous time constraints, while FFXV had a lot more time poured into it. I think "holes patched" fits more for FFXV, since there seem to be a bunch of things that were really extensively developed without a lot of consideration for how they'd fit together in the end.

Anyhow, God, only 10 hours!

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Spermando posted:

@ImpAtom Did you find the game too easy? It's my biggest fear as someone who's used to character action games.

My biggest fear is one of those aneurysms that leaves you conscious but completely paralyzed, but you do you.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Fuligin posted:

so, uhh, have ps5 games been emulated on pc yet

no reason

Yeah but you gotta buy a $600 adapter to do it.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

So, spoiler:

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Reive posted:

FF and Metal Gear, they get me everytime and I've never regretted it.

:same:

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

ImpAtom posted:

Yeah not going to lie the inability to turn off haptics suuuucks

Look if people wanted to access every bit of game content then they should've not been disabled. Git gud n00bs, respect the designers artistic vision to exclude people. Disabled folks aren't really people anyway. :smuggo:

Crystal Thenis posted:

(Ethics in my Gaming Journalism? It's more likely than you may think!)

Dropping my sarcasm: this post is thiiiiiiiis close 🤏🏻 to gamergate nonsense, like to the point I almost responded "SYQ". Gross.

HD DAD posted:

Final

Fantasy

XVI

Controversial!

Agents are GO! fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Jun 22, 2023

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Augus posted:

excuse me sir are you lost

Yes there's a sidequest to find me. (That was just a summarization of the anti-accessibilty arguments that came up in the main FF thread a little while ago.)

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Feels Villeneuve posted:

try accessing GBS

Access deez nuts.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Spermando posted:

I find that equipping the worst armour possible makes the game more enjoyable.

Thats my posting philosophy.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Captain Oblivious posted:

Jill is definitely a little muted as a character. Her arc is fine. Good even. I’m not sure what it is. Possibly just the VA not managing the 11/10 performance Cid and Clive are makes her seem a little bland.

Would you say her performance is a little chilly? Perhaps a bit cold? Maybe that she comes off as an Ice Queen? :v:

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

HD DAD posted:

I’m just before that and I’m at 65% lmao

I'm from Buenos Aires and I say kill 'em all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Has there been any fanart of Cid/Ramuh as John Brown, like referencing the famous mural?

If I had any artistic talent, I'd do it. Hell, even the tornado fits, because of Garuda.

Edit: looking closely at that mural, I'm fairly well convinced that Cid's design was partially inspired by it. I might be the last horse crossing the finish line on this, though.

Agents are GO! fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Jun 27, 2023