Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Nooner posted:

I want to say that I love the forums and GBS and everyone here is my friend (:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD posted:

Hey, I know smugworth became a mod a couple days ago but i dont see his star

Can someone look into that? tia

did you click on the link that says "Clicking here makes all your wildest dreams come true"?

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

well if you click that your dreams come true

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Genesplicer posted:

I think we need to get the creative people to do more cool threads featuring their work. I know we have the Creative Convention, but art threads in GBS seem so much more... real.

Plus more photoshop threads. I need to laugh more.

This. Also I think someone mentioned trying to do some MS Paint threads as well. I think the barrier to entry in those are much smaller.

Heck bring back CYOAs as well. Those were pretty fun.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Taerkar posted:

Does posting cred really have that much value anymore.

it never did

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

My earnest feedback is to bring back the CYOAs that were banished to a trad games subforum, bring back the low effort but funny MSPaint threads, and the very occasional photoshop threads are getting stickied at least, so good job there.

I guess the answer to me is to :justpost: one of those threads but I don't have the creativity for any of that.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Yeah there's e/n for that. Also get therapy.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

bagmonkey posted:

SUGGESTION: Confine Greg of Doom to his latest thread but instead of rehabbing him like we did nom, we just keep him there so no one has to read his posts :thanks:

wait is nom what you call rehabbed

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Seth Pecksniff posted:

No movement yet because we haven't had time to sit down and discuss it but it'll be moving soon! Got something else cooking in the meantjme

did you ever goldmine the original feedback thread

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

just Be Patient. Things are happening with the original thread.

maybe seth is getting the sleepiness bug too

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

I liked the part where goons were telling the guy that lives there he doesn’t know what he’s talking about

lmao this keeps happening

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Make GBS Top Again

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Karma Comedian posted:

#1 in your hearts and #2 in the forums list

that's not good enough!!

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

your new avatar looks sick

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

For a non shitpost, actual suggestion: roll the feedback thread and the rules thread into one.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

My feedback is that it was good to see Gurf is still alive and making terrible videos.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Smugworth posted:

What if there was a system where threads got a number of IKs based on the number of posters with a post count above 50 and these were "house IKs" and then each thread over 30 pages also got 2 IKs and these were "senate IKs" and all disciplinary actions had to get passed by both the house and the senate and then a mod could approve the disciplinary actions.

Also you could appeal a forum level disciplinary action to have it reversed in SAD court

Also all IKs are fairly elected

Weirdos wanted forums judiciary so might as well have forums legislative. Let's not add forums executive so any decisions made by the judiciary just doesn't happen

It will be just like real life

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Smugworth posted:

That's Stone Cold Pikachu you bozo

same difference

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

seth goldmine the other thread please i'm begging you

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

lol

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Charles Bukowski posted:

I love a woman that can kick my rear end (but please don't I hate pain I'm a soft boi).

Not our problem. Ticket closed.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

applewhite is cool but that was a real weird thread.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

my feedback is that yall should touch grass

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

The big long post about dragon gender and sexuality was super gross and I 100% agree that that was way more problematic than the drawings. For the record I agree with the ban +30 for that post in particular.

💯

Yeah I had stopped reading that thread before getting to that post and it was gross as all hell. And then reading back to the linked CYOA in the ban reason and it`s been clearly a thing for him.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Smugworth posted:

Stop patching the site and do a full rewrite. May need to tighten up the purse straps after they disable avatar purchases for other users but it should only be, what, 35-50k a month for a staff of 4 devs? How's the budget look this year? Insane rereg guy keeping us in the green? Gonna need a runway of at least 2 years.

e: guess we'll need an engineering manager too. Seth you ready for the big leagues?

been saying this

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

pacerwpg posted:

We can do it in React.

thats probably an improvement

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

there are a lot of problems with the forum that could be solved by everyone sitting down and agreeing that gbs is the best forum on the internet full of normal well adjusted people

:yeah:

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

itry posted:

I thought the jail thread was an inspired experiment, but looks like goon recidivism is high.

yeah kill him, i'd say. i've been told that nom was rehabbed at some point but it looks like it didn't stick

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Has Elon bought the forums?

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

sebmojo posted:

Jeffery made us print out our best probations and bans for him to review

I wonder if sniper shots bans are good or not

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

please vote for me i will permaban bust rodd, driftingmouse, and xjakk if they ever post in the RLM thread again

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Nooner posted:

I heard we are gonna get new mods?

its u

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Literally A Person posted:

I've almost integrated back into normal society.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Smugworth posted:

Ew. Gross. You're gross.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Make smugworth ik of this thread of we're supposed to take his :sweep: seriously. :mad:

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Yes sure whatever

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

So I don't have any dirt on the new mods, and also nothing against them, but I'm curious whether there were any talks about putting up the names of the new mods as a "we're considering x y z for the position, y/n/thoughts"? I think it would have felt nice to have that extra layer of interaction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Chewbecca posted:

That kind of discussion usually happens in the SAD sub. Not saying it did, but I have definitely seen that discussion happening there

Basically yeah, I think we're thinking of the same thread. I thought it was going to be tried going forward.