Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

playing dbz: kakarot i realized that I cannot force myself to use the last item in a stack. no matter what.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

trying to jack off posted:

its going to get ungassed and the op is going to post the most epic update of all time. youre going to regret missing the hype

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Spanish Manlove posted:

looking cool > stats

the best games let you have both

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

trying to jack off posted:

its going to get ungassed and the op is going to post the most epic update of all time. youre going to regret missing the hype

Exactly. Right after the Sims thread makes its comeback - you'll see! :D

vyelkin posted:

the best games let you have both

Also this. It's good when there are multiple options that provide the same benefit. So if you really want X buff, you could settle for the lovely fur cap, or you could get some fancy hat/helmet that matches your outfit and does the same thing!

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

i’ll even sit there during the obvious final phase of the final boss and think “no, I should hold on to this elixir, I only have 50 of them and I might still need it”

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

ulvir posted:

i’ll even sit there during the obvious final phase of the final boss and think “no, I should hold on to this elixir, I only have 50 of them and I might still need it”

In Dragon Quest VI I went nuts on what I assumed was the last phase of the last boss and used all my MP and items and then there was another phase. So it’s just prudent really.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

I rarely pick up weapons/armor to sell to vendors so im always poor as poo poo

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Dongicus posted:

I rarely pick up weapons/armor to sell to vendors so im always poor as poo poo

What do you mean?! That studded leather and those rusty vambraces won't sell themselves!

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Major Isoor posted:

Also this. It's good when there are multiple options that provide the same benefit. So if you really want X buff, you could settle for the lovely fur cap, or you could get some fancy hat/helmet that matches your outfit and does the same thing!

Another good way to deal with it is like they did in DQXI, let you change outfit at will once you've unlocked it even if you've since changed to equipment with better stats.

Trash Ops
Jun 19, 2012

im having fun, isnt everyone else?

Major Isoor posted:

Yeah, there are some real sick and disturbing views ITT Knuc, I agree. Utterly bizarre and despicable

look i didn't say empty, just everything in its place

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

vyelkin posted:

Another good way to deal with it is like they did in DQXI, let you change outfit at will once you've unlocked it even if you've since changed to equipment with better stats.

you should always save weapons in DQ since you can use their special properties without having them equipped as long as the character is holding it

like caduceus staff

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Yangus the triage healer ftw

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

you should always save weapons in DQ since you can use their special properties without having them equipped as long as the character is holding it

like caduceus staff

lol yeah although I definitely didn't forget all about this and die to Calasmos several times before remembering to use the sword of light as an item

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

In Dragon Quest VI I went nuts on what I assumed was the last phase of the last boss and used all my MP and items and then there was another phase. So it’s just prudent really.

I feel vindicated

Mock Turtle
Jul 19, 2022

CyberPingu posted:

I'll hang on to every weapon in Souls games even if I can't use them

I like to collect all the armor/weapons on one character per souls game so I can play dress up :D

extended my first elden ring playthrough by a good amount (lol at how long it took to get all the imp heads) but it's nice to plan future builds on. gotta look good.

rox
Sep 7, 2016

Mock Turtle posted:

I like to collect all the armor/weapons on one character per souls game so I can play dress up :D

extended my first elden ring playthrough by a good amount (lol at how long it took to get all the imp heads) but it's nice to plan future builds on. gotta look good.

yup gotta have the complete collection

my savefile is sitting somewhere just shy of 300 hours because i wanted to see EVERYTHING

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
I'm replaying Resident Evil 4 (the original) right now and even though I've unlocked the Chicago Typewriter I still pick up and organize every box of bullets I come across, please help.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Bad Seafood posted:

I'm replaying Resident Evil 4 (the original) right now and even though I've unlocked the Chicago Typewriter I still pick up and organize every box of bullets I come across, please help.

I can help. Throw that infinite ammo tommy gun in the trash.