Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

We never should have cut back funding to the Blast Corps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

So which state DA is going to be the first to indict Biden?

Let's say Texas.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

One two Corinthians kneel before you
That's what I said now

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I'd rather just drink water than either at this point tbh

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Byzantine posted:

The guards at the concentration camps had family they loved and friends they helped too.

Weren't you the guy cheering on shooting children as God's will? How are you still here?

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 20:45 on May 7, 2023

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

FlamingLiberal posted:

This feels like a parody

https://twitter.com/iwriteok/status/1657123074729463808?s=46&t=BHs6Pl38GJXGN2Y4xeriNA

Somehow this man thinks he will still get to be president some day

That looks like Gordon Freeman's brother

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Accubitus posted:

As someone who used to not care about any sports, but became a big baseball fan in the past few years, it is ridiculous how hard it is to watch local games and truly is the only reason to subscribe to cable or live TV services at all. But I'm not paying $80/mo just to watch baseball games, so we just watch convenient pirated streams. Like, we would pay for MLB.tv except that you can't watch locally-broadcast games if you're geographically located in that market, so we wouldn't be able to watch the games we want anyway. It really is the perfect example of how people are willing to pay for convenience, but when legal avenues are both absurdly expensive and less convenient than piracy, the choice for the consumer is easy.

So anyway, all that is to say I would LOVE to see local sports become untethered from big, expensive live TV packages. I would absolutely pay a Netflix-like monthly price just for my local NBC Sports affiliate, which is more than the nothing that they're getting from me now.

Same but hockey. Go out or get a vpn pretty much.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Ghost Leviathan posted:

And now they've lost you Roe.

I think Trump did that. He even said so!

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Nucleic Acids posted:

She ran the worst campaign in American history and goths results she deserved.

Tell that to Jeb

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

haveblue posted:

I cannot wait to Make America Lorida

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsrqKE1iqqo

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Turns out 2016 was the one to vote blue no matter who in. Losing the supreme court was the big thing.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

She also says she has knowledge that Biden has taken steps to steal the 2024 election. If true, that would upend the entire election, potentially vindicate Donald Trump's claims of fraud, possibly drive Biden out of the White House, and result in criminal charges.

Only Putin can stop the steal and free America.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

haveblue posted:

Still worth asking why she thinks the risk has only become unacceptable now and not at any other point in the past three decades

Well, it's not like anyone else tried to steal an election lately.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Archonex posted:

It should be noted that as time went on a multitude of reporters looked into Tara Reades' story and her past and discovered she has a long history of lying and pulling stunts like this to the point that she was caught perjuring herself in the past and pretty much no one with any integrity wants anything to do with her any more since she has a long, long, long line of people she cynically manipulated by preying on their sympathy and good nature in believing her lies to bleed them dry of money and a house to stay at (that she wrecked at least once) before remorselessly leaving them behind.

In addition to that, it turns out that she was fired for cause by the Biden campaign for not doing her job, giving motive for revenge, the place she alleges the assault happened literally does not exist as reporters found out that it looks completely different from what she claims, and her friends later admitted that they were pressured by Reade to lie on her behalf corroborating her claims that Biden was handsy with her in public so Reade could set up a "layered" story she could unveil later on after Reade changed the nature of her allegations.

The russian intelligence and state media know how to use pathological users of people that like that for their own benefit, so it's probably an opportunistic thing. And to be clear, the words others have used to describe her in the past have gone on record as being "manipulative, deceitful, and a user of people".

Though I will say that she was tweeting and hollering support for russia and the RT state media way back when (she even called putin of all people the last hope for the free world when Obama was elected, or something like that) and actively seemed to oppose support for Ukraine, hyping up Russia, so who knows. She's certainly been in contact with russian propaganda operatives in recent years if her own admission is anything to go by.

Edit: She even pulled a George Santos "I never said I was jewish, I said I was jew ish." and later said something to the effect of that she never explicitly said she was sexually assaulted. She said she just implied it happened and it's on everyone else for assuming. I'd have to look the article that released that particular update but it looks like she's trying to grift after all her other grifts failed or ran dry and it turned out that she can't hold down a real job as simple as collating Biden supporter's mail and forwarding it to be replied to.

This seems like something you should post a lot more sources for

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Whatever else Ms. Butina seems pretty good at her job.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

That's a really ugly bathroom

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Willa Rogers posted:

Came across this via another forum & thought it was particularly newsworthy:

quote:

And the list of suspects goes on. Bleyer says the increased use of diagnostic imaging such as CT scans and X rays, which expose patients to low levels of carcinogenic radiation, could be contributing, especially for cancers impacting the blood and bone marrow. When it comes to the uptick in testicular cancer, meanwhile, he says rising cannabis use is likely the leading culprit. [ed. note: :wtc: ]

I was going to just assume vaping and lung cancer at some level until they said that specifically lmao

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

It's pretty impressive just how much Donald Trump has managed to make every single other person in the GOP self destruct

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Byzantine posted:

Sounds serious! Surely the Antifascist Party arrested their leaders and executed them for treason, then outlawed the fascist party and brutally suppressed them before they could try again, right?

Well, did you?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I'm starting to understand why abolishing prisons was such a political nonstarter

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Gumball Gumption posted:

Congressional police and their weapons

I guess the line between democracy and fascism is thin and blue.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Twincityhacker posted:

There's something pinging in my brain about obesssion with neo-classical styles, but I also agree that those two buildings are loving ugly. The California building at least it feels like it was *trying* for something beyond "lowest cost bid."

I think it looks fine other than those three windows in the center. I like the general structure though

But yeah it's just fascist whining not everything has to be Roman inspired

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Dull Fork posted:

House Speaker Kevin McCarthy floats an impeachment inquiry into President Joe Biden
https://apnews.com/article/biden-impeachment-mccarthy-hannity-78e4c7efeb030b29e1576f868257179b

I thought they did that already to be honest

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

selec posted:

Why not innovate, this is the American Experiment after all.

They should solve this with congressional car pools. Everybody has to drive, in a rotation. If nobody is willing to ride with you three times in a term, you are removed and a special election is held. We can get fun with it, the stakes are so low, obviously, that if we let a situation this bad persist so long the solutions might as well be whimsical.

We have to be careful though, this raises the risk of unlikely but heartwarming friendships forming over the course of a few quirky adventures that will last a lifetime

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Covid killed most of my social spaces more than anything else, but it's not exactly hard to go out and find something to do.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I literally just said; there's little point getting to know your neighbours because no one has any security, you'll have to move in a few years when your landlord sells or you need to get a new job so you can live, or they will.

Out of curiosity, how did you handle friendships in college? It's strange to me to think there's little to no point getting to know someone if you think it won't be forever.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I'm just glad that capitalism found a solution to obesity that hopefully we can one day all afford.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

On the plus side, it'll keep the workforce more fit for capital, so there's that.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

shoeberto posted:

Is this a sincere suggestion that physical fitness is somehow a ploy by capital?

I wouldn't call it a ploy, but they need a subset of the workforce to be able to perform physical activities and that the number of people capable of it is steadily decreasing. Not everyone can sit in an office all day.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Washington DT's nice but New Trump City's got a better skyline

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

selec posted:

Man what the gently caress have Supreme Court journalists been doing? Is there a parallel set of junkets that they send useless stenographers like Nina Totenberg on to keep them from doing the work ProPublica has been doing? How the gently caress do you get your lunch eaten this badly and not just step back and ask what the point of your life’s work has been, if not to do the work that others are doing far better than you ever did?

Maybe they were on vacation too and hoping no one noticed.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Harold Fjord posted:

Democratic processes are about as valuable as spelling your name right on the test, in most respects.

That usually matters quite a bit, especially if it's recorded into a database to be cross-referenced.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

selec posted:

I dunno what I’m supposed to feel about Taiwan but I know I don’t care much one way or the other. I do know I’d prefer not to go to war, regardless of what China does.

It'd be a wash with invading Mexico to defeat drugs though

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

I guess Vivek is at least semi-specific in that he is laying out a specific rate, but when I say a detailed or specific tax plan, I wasn't considering stuff like this:

to count as "specific" or "detailed" policies. "Eliminate cronyist loopholes" and set the tax rate to 12% isn't really an actually specific or detailed plan. Also, very strange that it is in a "truth vs myth" section of the website dedicated to "Addressing the BS, baloney, lies, and planted trash 🗑️ peddled by insecure campaigns, Super PAC puppets, “listless vessels” of the political establishment, and fake establishment media" and not an actual policy section.

For all of Trump's foibles, he did actually have a detailed plan for what the Trump tax cuts would look like when he ran for office. He doesn't have one for 2024.

The closest thing Vivek has to a policy page is just a page labelled "TRUTH" with only this written on it:

"There are three branches of the U.S. government, not four."

Uh, yeah? What's this one supposed to be dogwhistling?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Oh, I should have guessed it was along those lines. Thanks lol

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

gurragadon posted:

You're not supposed to listen to lyrics anyway. Knowing what the singer is actually saying ruins like 95% of songs. At least Ramaswamy went all in with how workshopped the question is to the candidates. Mozart, Eminem, Woody Guthrie, Dolly Parton, Fall Out Boy, got to hit everyone's favorite genre when you answer and he did it in 8.

Yeah but he listed Imagine Dragons twice, so something went badly wrong there

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

So does the Green Party not have mechanisms to eject these people or what

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Quorum posted:

No American party has mechanisms to "eject" people like that, at least not strongly. Local parties can pass various kinds of mostly symbolic censure, and you might have a very hard time winning a primary if everybody in party leadership hates your guts, but in general the parties have very little control over who calls themselves a member.

I guess it's just usually the GOP that loud about it

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

selec posted:

That’s what Netflix deals are for!

That's struck work at the moment I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

BiggerBoat posted:

THat's what it feels and seems like to me. I'm not very well versed or learned in economic theory, like at ALL, but in layman's terms, what we're dealing with looks a hell of a lot like a Monopoly board at 1:30 am when it's obvious who won, we're all drunk and just want to go to bed.

I will spend the next four hours scraping money together with the lovely purple houses and no one can stop me. I've won this way before and I will do it again.

Where's everyone going come back