Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Hey, I'm gonna be driving through Kelso on Wednesday. Gonna grab me some iron ore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

FlapYoJacks posted:

Do you have a credible report/news article about this?

https://www.wikiwand.com/en/Joe_Biden_sexual_assault_allegation#False_statements_regarding_professional_credentials

Here's this, for whatever it's worth.

Edit:

quote:

Subsequently Reade was investigated by prosecutors in Monterey County, California, for lying under oath about her educational credentials in her appearances as an expert witness on domestic abuse. The investigation determined that she had made false statements under oath, but Reade was not prosecuted for perjury because those statements had not been material to the outcome of a legal case.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

I AM GRANDO posted:

Why is it defection? Is the US at war with Russia?

Yes, and I'd even say quite obviously yes.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

They should try something new. Make Miss Piggy the CEO and do a new reality tv show around it.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Now that I live in EST, this is the first one of these I get to watch live instead of on rebroadcast delayed for my timezone like New Years Rockin' Eve.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Jaxyon posted:

Just absolutely LOL that we were letting anyone grow one of the most water intensive crops, in Arizona of all places.

Let alone, a foreign corporation.

Yeah, 1 waterless western state with alfalfa as a main export down, only literally every other western state to go and then MAYBE the Great Salt Lake won't turn into a toxic arsenic dustbowl.

mutata fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Oct 3, 2023

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Oh, man.

One extra Republican who was not expected to vote against McCarthy is now voting to oust him because he told a reporter that he was "praying on it" when asked how he would vote, McCarthy called him to confirm he would be supporting him and yelled at him for giving a non-answer because praying was just stalling.

https://twitter.com/josephzeballos/status/1709276655254904972

On the one hand, it feels like this guy was looking for a reason to oust him and God probably wasn't going to give him a clear answer.

On the other hand, it is impressive that McCarthy is still managing to actively burn bridges during the actual vote.

Yeah, burning bridges with God himself, seemingly.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Happy to hear a pissed off GOP House representative whining on NPR this morning about how gosh darn unfair it all is.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

There hasn't been a long term strategy in US government this millennium and we're not gonna break that streak now.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

IS that a big deal? I dunno, wouldn't it be expected that she would come out against that?

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Xiahou Dun posted:

You’re just comparing anecdotes based on tummy feels.

This is basically how small business owners make sweeping political declarations and decide how to vote, so that fits.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

lol we did it, we broke a branch of the government :toot:

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Sounds like... opportunity! Someone should go to Louisiana, kill the apparently frail and weak King of the Democrats there, and assume the throne as the new King of the Louisiana Democrats.

Charliegrs posted:

Biden did an interview on 60 minutes and uh, yeah he looks like poo poo. I'm half his age and if I was working the kind of long days he's no doubt been working this past week I'd look like poo poo too. But still, it's a bit concerning when the guy with his finger on the nuclear button looks like he's about to nod off any second.
https://youtu.be/d403nALfQrE?si=g2pjAYYZXjf5DuE7

I would prefer ALL nuclear button-watchers to just nod off on the job, frankly.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

"This episode of GOP Thrashing was filmed in front of a live studio audience"

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

CmdrRiker posted:

So the us is aiding israel in palestinian ethnic displacement this week so we can have a middle east presence and make more money off of weapons that kill children?

I mean, you've obviously made up your mind about that, so yeah, sure.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

CmdrRiker posted:

No, absolutely not! I don't live there and I just react to media around me. Please educate me.

All I do around here is shitpost, so I'll step aside and let region-knowers take over.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Poor dear.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

They should just start calling full quorum votes for each gop rep one at a time until someone gets the votes. Just go alphabetically.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Put them all in stocks on the Mall. I'd book a flight to throw tomatoes.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

gently caress, just get Ryan Seacrest to fill in while they figure it out.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

smackfu posted:

If something last happened in 1977, that’s not exactly relevant.

He says it was the ONLY time it happened, too, making it even less relevant.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Prop up that flood insurance market instead of buying people out and rebuilding in non-flood prone areas, awwww yeeeeah.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

burnishedfume posted:

People telling you to vote are generally doing it because they want the party that has a large Christian ISIS base to not be in power and to not write laws, it's not that deep fam

Yeah, I have little to no patience for dumbasses who don't vote for the obviously less evil candidates under whom various people would have a tangibly higher quality of life (like literally any group other than white men). Take that hand wringing and write a blogpost about it and go vote for people who want to kill and ruin fewer people. I have no time for your boring rear end philosophizing.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

That's fine, but the bare metal of applying that specific leverage in this case is more votes for GOP candidates. Maybe you live in an area where that doesn't make a lick of a difference (I lived in Utah for 16 or so years, I get it), in which case you get the luxury of a protest vote. If you live somewhere where it's close, then a protest vote or a non-vote directly supports getting GOP candidates elected.

That's pretty much it, I dunno. Any argument beyond this is pretty arbitrary and academic, in my view.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

My dude, I ain't having that talk with my or anyone's grandkids at all ever. I can't tell the future and I'm doing my best.

Edit: Politics, unfortunately, isn't a single-issue thing. If I was going to be a single issue voter, I would vote exclusively based on climate change views and policies, anyway (speaking of "awkward things your grandkids are gonna ask you about").

mutata fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Oct 28, 2023

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

selec posted:

I’d read some more history then. It lends a lot of clarity. People were running around with their heads on fire trying to get the west to care about the run up to and then the process of genocide before, within living memory. It’s important to understand what happened before to stop making similar mistakes. There’s a cliché quote about being doomed to repeat that is so tiresome it seems meaningless until you’re in the middle of seeing it repeat.

Suddenly I don't know history and must hear a sermon, lol.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

World Famous W posted:

if you put a tally next to a name, even if no one else knows you did it, it is an endorsement . that vote will still be counted

This is a rather infantile view of voting in modern America, but this thread DOES like their absolutes.

Edit: Y'all are gonna have a LOT of explaining to do to my grandchildren!

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Edit: You know what, nevermind. I'm just being an rear end in a top hat. Carry on.

mutata fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Oct 28, 2023

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

theCalamity posted:

A lot of people use support when talking about voting for someone. It’s pretty common.

And yet that's not what voting is in every case.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Tnega posted:

Voting for a candidate is an explicit endorsement of everything they will do in office, with (yes, I know recalls exist sometimes)

Heh. Yikes.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Neurolimal posted:

If you can't be held accountable for voting for someone, then Trump voters can't be held accountable for voting for Trump. They simply made the insignificant moral calculus of choosing who they perceived to be the lesser evil, probably didn't think he'd actually follow through on anything; he didn't even build the wall!

I don't think many in this thread would agree with that. I certainly don't, which is why I cannot fathom voting for Joe Biden, overseer of the 2023 Gazan genocide.

This is a false dichotomy. It's not binary.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

fridgraidr posted:

Voting for a democrat and voting for a republican president are basically the same thing, in fact, it’s probably better if a republican wins actually because…

Accelerationist logic is amazing

Libertarians and Accelerationists are the 2 ends of the dumbass horseshoe for sure.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

When I was in college I used to do protest votes and poo poo, and I said in conversation "If we get to the point where we HAVE to vote for a lesser of 2 evils every time and that's the only option, then the country is in a sad state! :smug: " and I was super naive but also exactly right. I just didn't realize that we were already there, and we're SURE as poo poo there now.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

I agree with BougieBitch.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

So now that the house has a speaker, are they actually doing anything?

I sure hope not.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

I think it's bad when bad people do it about bad things and I think it's good when good people do it about good things, op.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

BUUNNI posted:

My bad, I forgot US hegemony isn’t bad for everyone involved :v:

I don't know about any of that, but the thing is, I dislike things that are bad and want people to not do them. On the other hand, I DO like things that are GOOD.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Bin Laden Manifesto for the Cure Challenge

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Gotta second this.

You can skip the pictures, but the article itself (which is just one part of a series) is almost equally brutal and important.

Foreward:

First article in the series:

jesus loving christ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Willo567 posted:

So reading about all the Project 2025 poo poo, will we be able to survive under another term of Trump?

We will but you wont.

Edit: Wait, maybe the other way around.