Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Angry_Ed posted:

Weird that they only care about unfair leverage when it's the government doing it and not private firms.

The free market can accurately hurt me when I'm not subverting it? UNFAIR.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Medullah posted:

Yup, the argument against government control of prescription drugs is that the high prices in the US pay for all the research that big pharma does that they "don't profit from" in socialized health care countries, so the only way they'll keep working on new drugs is with YOY record profits.

Sounds like a fantastic reason to nationalize healthcare and medicine research instead of leaving it in the hands of private companies with distorted incentives. They can license the IP from the government and produce generics at a modest profit without any of the risk of the research.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

It kinda sucks seeing an old man like that, then I remember he’s Mitch and I’m a lot less sad

It's a very weird feeling because in that moment I know he's just a lost old man that needs help, but then you remember he's a black hearted villain who has made our society substantially worse off.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Kro-Bar posted:

Regulate weed like tomacco.

Love putting tomacco in my salads. It's amazing how many more leafy greens I've been eating lately.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Failed Imagineer posted:

There's nothing in the Constitution that says a dog can't be your lawyer

As my zealous public defender, I would like a particularly ill tempered and vicious Rottweiler.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Republicans posted:

I do, but it's more fun to imagine it was a real life example of this.

Amusing, but terrible advice in that gif. I have to recommend touching one's own willie, at a minimum.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Nash posted:

:( Sorry man, condolences.

My grandma hates Trump and said she doesn’t want him to die, she just wants him to get horrible diarrhea at embarrassing times.

Your grandma is alright.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

zoux posted:

I'm astonished.

https://twitter.com/gabrielmalor/status/1709985263592575406

Hopefully the Smartmatic Pillow is comfortable and of higher quality.

As long as it lets me securely vote from my bed I'm all for it.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Mooseontheloose posted:

Can't be seen to be in the tank for Joe Biden, so more jobs is actually bad because that would mean you are praising Joe Biden. If you lose jobs, that's Joe Biden's fault and the economic downturn is on its way. Stay the same, Joe Biden isn't growing the economy.

See, fair and balanced.

Pure-strain liberal media reporting here, didn't even once mention Hilary's emails, pizzagate, or Hunter Biden. Why are you in the tank for the coastal elites, Mooseontheloose? Why do you America?

America is going down the drain folks, and the only way to stop it is to contribute to Mitch McConnell's Horcruxes for America campaign!

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

No taxes, only interest rates.

No homes, no taxes, only interest. Just the most interesting life.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Oracle posted:

Every law student, history major, and kid needing to take the AP American history test in the next five years just cursed your name and they don’t know why.

McCarthy, McHenry, McCarthy, the next name on McCarthy's list, McCarthy, the third name on McCarthy's list, Gaetz (just so the house can move to vacate him 415-20), McCarthy, Skillings. Did I get it right?

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Failed Imagineer posted:

In that unlikely event, a dick and balls will be provided to the successful applicant.

If they haven't already claimed it themselves.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

I feel bad for Kevin McCarthy.

Wait, no I don't.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

BiggerBoat posted:

Welp, there's another example of overzealous NYC prosecutors using the deep state to smear fine upstanding Republicans again.

- Sean Hannity tomorrow.

Just absolutely despicable that the Democrats made Santos do all that fraud.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Failed Imagineer posted:

That greasy gently caress wouldn't burn clean enough for white smoke

Probably torch up and spew black smoke everywhere. Hope you've got glass barriers in front of that fireplace instead of a screen or they might get some grease burns.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

This is all secretly part of Matt Gaetz's plan to become POTUS through the Speakership. We need to make sure Biden and Harris are separate if it ever looks like he might ascend :tinfoil:

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Cimber posted:

I'm confused, i thought the lobbiests would be paying for the meals to try to get him to vote the way they want, not the other way around.

No no no, they aren't bribing him with meals. They're contributing to his political campaign, and the good Rep and his friends need to be able to eat, don't they? So they just use those campaign funds to pay for the meal.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Nephthys posted:

NYPost says it was one of his staffers.

If the staffer voluntarily gave the baby to Soros, do you think child services should be involved?

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Morrow posted:

Oh hey turns out I continue to be right about everything ever.

At this point all three top figures in the GOP house have made their pitch for speaker and failed. It's going to be a war between naked ambition and a collective sense of shame to see how long this goes on.

It's a drat shame that they're naked ambition reserves are even bigger than the oil reserves in the middle east.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

I'm hearing things about this Zelda person. Seems to be getting a few votes. Might be worth looking into.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

mannerup posted:

to the best of my knowledge, this is the framework they are currently operating under

and also lmao at the Boehner vote

Let's get Speaker Ryan back.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

OddObserver posted:

Presidential succession seems like one difference?

This is an incredibly good point. Why risk president Jordan?

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Dubar posted:

If we just let every rep be speaker for a day, that should get us most of the way through the term

Replace the Speaker's gavel with a banana and only the person who is holding the Speaking banana may be the Speaker and Speak.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Someone earlier in the thread out it perfectly when they said they'll blame the Democrats for not keeping them from sticking pennies into sockets.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

bird food bathtub posted:

What else are they going to do, vote for baby raping and puppy blood drinking on the other team? Why I saw on face book they even have Jewish space lasers!

It was probably an ad for this book that came out last month.

https://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/books/733925/jewish-space-lasers-by-mike-rothschild/

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Loving the bit on all those everyday Americans with multi-million dollar tax returns that are the focus of the IRS and their expanded resources.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Gyges posted:

Johnson on the other hand has promised that crazy will not fall below 11, and everyone is scrambling to find all the dirt they can for their explosive "Who is Speaker Mike Johnson? The answer will surprise you!" pieces.

I'm hoping for some kind of Argentinian Firecracker.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fanne_Foxe

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Ms Adequate posted:

Hunter Biden did 9/11

I always suspected but I just didn't want to believe :(

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

Look at how quickly they turned on Paul Ryan. How could it turn out different

That other idiot didn't bring raw steaks to strap to their face and distract the face eating leopards :smug:

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

This Lenin fellow sounds pretty alright. I bet he led his people through a time of plenty and happiness.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

uPen posted:

Looking forward to him banning interest on student loans/mortgages and setting up a public fund to feed, house and provide medical care to anyone who needs it.

He prefers the book of Job I'm sure.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Bel Shazar posted:

Even that can be fine so long as you worship Jehovah as the #1 god

Jehovah is not their big wet daddy :colbert:

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

bird food bathtub posted:

Eh, I don't think you're thinking with enough propaganda-brain. What is actually said in a Republican-lead non-public deposition only tenuously, at best, means a drat thing. The outcome will be whatever talking points Fox vomits into the brains of the swine feeding at their trough. In their minds it will be smoking gun proof of BIDEN CRIME FAMILY thus making it absolutely clear how Joe Biden is directing the corrupt and very unfair DoJ to ensure RIGGED AND STOLLEN, violating the very constitution of our country.

Just look how hard they're going after Trump. If they put even half that much effort into going after the EXTREMELY CORRUPT BIDEN'S, they'd have already locked them up. It's just MORE EVIDENCE at how CORRUPT the DOJ is. MAGA!

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

goethe.cx posted:

This may be controversial, but I think Steiner is the best physical lover of any playable character in the FF mainline series, and arguably of any FF game.

Steiner is so focus-minded on one thing at a time, and so physically built from running around in armor all the time, that I think he could gently caress a hole into the Sister Ray if he had to.

e: uh crap. wrong thread

A+ mispost. Simply tremendous content, I'm still laughing. Thank you for brightening my afternoon.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Killer robot posted:

Yeah, a whole lot of it is "Biden's old" which just manifests as "can we get someone younger" but there's no real consensus on who that might be so it's just rummaging through the fridge and hoping something pops out you didn't see before. Barring some unforeseen development, it's likely to matter about as much as in 2020 when people complained Biden was old but the ones doing it the loudest were transparently maneuvering for an even older guy or a similarly old guy in visibly worse shape. I mean, if some charming young primary candidate or third party showed it would be big trouble, but no significant number of people are going to stay home because of Biden's age.

I am going to stay home.

Not because of Biden's age, but because I can vote from home.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

FlamingLiberal posted:

This is similar to the poo poo they pulled here in FL when we passed Amendment 4, which was supposed to legalize felon voting. The legislature passed a bill that restricted it to felons who paid all of their restitution, and when the state was sued because people trying to get their voting rights back couldn't determine how much they even owed due to faulty court records, the courts upheld the new bill saying that the state isn't legally required to tell someone how much they owe. So I have no idea how many ex-felons actually had their voting rights restored.

This seems like incredibly fertile soil to grow a 6-3 ruling from. :(

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

FlamingLiberal posted:

I don't see the OH abortion thing as a constitutional issue that you can make a court case from. They probably won't be able to do a ton to mess with it, but I am not familiar with the specifics of OH law so I'm not going to say that for sure.

I meant the continued disenfranchisement of felons in Florida over unpaid restitution that the court refuses to tell them the exact amount of. I can see it being used as a vessel to enshrine more anti democratic precedent wrt felon voting rights.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

single-mode fiber posted:

"Tired of the fighting" is probably the euphemism for "my team is not winning anymore," and as all sports fan know, rooting for losing team makes you, in turn, a loser.

You must only know lovely sports fans. It's all about rooting for the underdog, knowing they'll probably come up short but hoping they don't. Unless you're some rear end in a top hat Lakers/Celtics/Yankees/Pats fan. Or worst of all, a Dallas Cowboys fan.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

haveblue posted:

I buy that announcing he wanted to buy it was the result of stupidity and chemical assistance, but at least several days passed between the tweets to that effect and his actual signing of a binding contract, he can't have stayed that high for the entire duration

I mean, he had the money to be lit the entire time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/AndrewJTobias/status/1724087749664210989

Ohio GOP lawmakers have decided to combine their two largest electoral liabilities into one easy to vote against package. "Being drafted by legislative council" is a world away from "becoming law" so we'll see what happens.

I wonder if the Ohio state supreme court is willing to abrogate its entire function to the legislature. Let's find out.

I don't think they could more thoroughly violate the court's due process rights/area of responsibility if you gave them a hundred rewrites, good lord.